Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Finished 13 reasons why yesterday, now this one I thought needed more tidying up at the end as opposed to BLL

it went on for soooo long, watching this girl get **** on left and right to where I almost just wanted to give up

i had to just ff through some of the harsh parts

the last part with Jessica and her dad had me
frown.gif

I was more interested in the Tyler storyline at the end, i'm guessing if there's a season 2 that's where we'll end up

without spoiling it, i was stunned at the Jeff reveal, didn't even notice

and Tony was wild annoying even though i knew he wasn't I kept thinking he was gonna turn out to be a some 21 jump street type cop

dude was like a little old man

Last edited:
Finished 13 reasons why yesterday, now this one I thought needed more tidying up at the end as opposed to BLL
it went on for soooo long, watching this girl get **** on left and right to where I almost just wanted to give up
i had to just ff through some of the harsh parts
the last part with Jessica and her dad had me :frown:
I was more interested in the Tyler storyline at the end, i'm guessing if there's a season 2 that's where we'll end up

without spoiling it, i was stunned at the Jeff reveal, didn't even notice
and Tony was wild annoying even though i knew he wasn't I kept thinking he was gonna turn out to be a some 21 jump street type cop
dude was like a little old man

What's so sad is that chick at the beginning is mad cool and sociable. And I know from reading the book that she just becomes a shell of a her former self over time. Going to be tough seeing that portrayed on screen.

Last edited:
Win it All 6.2/8

Jake Johnson plays a sorta low life gambling addict. He agrees to hold a LARGE amount of cash for a buddy who is gettin ready to go to jail for 6-9 months. Of course he can't stop himself from dippin in the sauce.

Movie was a chill little flick. I like everything Johnson is in and I feel like he thrives when he can just play himself, but in this film he was way more vulnerable which made for a better performance. I hate the feeling of losing money and digging yourself into a deeper hole, so this movie made me mad uncomfortable throughout. It's tough to watch a guy be his own worst enemy, almost like watching someone torture themselves physically or somethin like that.

Anyways, it's worth a watch. I wish it had been longer, that's my only real complaint. An hour and a half goes by like nothing.

The Missing

:wow:
Bruh, :wow:

Talk about a Thriller. Murder Mystery kid napping and Suspense, where it just never stops. A new break in the case at every corner, followed by a "damn I only thought I knew what was to come" expression.

Every time you think you know, the game is flipped, and it all intertwines, these are some real creep level individuals.

This is not going to end well and I guarantee is will be open ended when it is all said and done, man, just brilliant writing.

Starz killed the game picking this up.
:wow:

They tied it all together back from where it all started.
I will spare you the many adverbs it would take to describe this series, let me just say 8/8

Very few shows do what The Missing pulled off.
One of my favorites of all time.

What's so sad is that chick at the beginning is mad cool and sociable. And I know from reading the book that she just becomes a shell of a her former self over time. Going to be tough seeing that portrayed on screen.
I'm only halfway into the show but I'm already in awe of just about everything in the show. It just feels very natural in terms of the interactions, dialogue, ... and the actors really deliver a great performance, especially those playing Hannah and Clay. One thing that bothered me at first was how Tony's character was handled in the first few episodes, it felt like a bit of a gimmick and made the plot feel like some kind of conspiracy to me.

It's a tough topic and it will definitely be hard to watch for some people. I've already seen a real (attempted) suicide right infront of me so I decided to watch the suicide scene I had already read about in a spoiler anyway. It's very realistic and I applaud the show for going there. 

I'm only halfway into the show but I'm already in awe of just about everything in the show. It just feels very natural in terms of the interactions, dialogue, ... and the actors really deliver a great performance, especially those playing Hannah and Clay. One thing that bothered me at first was how Tony's character was handled in the first few episodes, it felt like a bit of a gimmick and made the plot feel like some kind of conspiracy to me.
It's a tough topic and it will definitely be hard to watch for some people. I've already seen a real (attempted) suicide right infront of me so I decided to watch the suicide scene I had already read about in a spoiler anyway. It's very realistic and I applaud the show for going there. 

I think you just convinced me to watch the whole show. I watched the first episode. I liked it. But I wasn't sure if it was worth to watch a show that will just get more depressing. I had also heard that there is one huge fundamental difference between the show and the book and that turned me off as well.

Last edited:
I think you just convinced me to watch the whole show. I watched the first episode. I liked it. But I wasn't sure if it was worth to watch a show that will just get more depressing. I had also heard that there is one huge fundamental difference between the show and the book and that turned me off as well.
I haven't read the book but I think I read that the fundamental difference is that in the book Clay listened to all the tapes in a single night. But other than that I've seen and heard nothing but very positive reviews. I don't think I've ever seen any tv show so depressing and I'm only halfway in but I think that's a good thing since it's a depressing topic and the show handles it very well.

Win it All 6.2/8

Jake Johnson plays a sorta low life gambling addict. He agrees to hold a LARGE amount of cash for a buddy who is gettin ready to go to jail for 6-9 months. Of course he can't stop himself from dippin in the sauce.

Movie was a chill little flick. I like everything Johnson is in and I feel like he thrives when he can just play himself, but in this film he was way more vulnerable which made for a better performance. I hate the feeling of losing money and digging yourself into a deeper hole, so this movie made me mad uncomfortable throughout. It's tough to watch a guy be his own worst enemy, almost like watching someone torture themselves physically or somethin like that.

Anyways, it's worth a watch. I wish it had been longer, that's my only real complaint. An hour and a half goes by like nothing.
Caught this one today solid rating. Definitely one of the better things on Netflix currently...

War Dogs 6.5/8

Had shades of Wolf of Wall St. with the character Jonah played and a mix of Pain & Gain given how dudes were in over their heads with everything.

Its just crazy to me how these stories are the ones based off real events. Stranger than fiction :lol:

Watching the Big Little Lies finale. So many things going on.

Damn. What a nice ending. One thing brought all of them together.

Last edited:
Man that should have been two episodes.

Music was ill as always but that isn't going to cover up that wack *** finale. Very, average.

The soundtrack makes me want to drive along the coastline and chill at the beach like the characters.

Just watched Collateral Beauty.

Will trying real hard to be serious 
ohwell.gif
 Just bring us another Bad Boys please Will.

Petes dragón might be Disneys best live action film. So under the radar.

I don't know why the film wasn't pushed as hard. Elliot goes hard.

Last edited:
The rift was a solid scifi / suspense film

A team of scientists/military/ govt agent are dispatched to a remote area of russia to retrieve a fallen satelite when things get interesting

7/10

the void 

a small town cop drives a patient to a hospital and things take a turn for the worst

this movie had me guessing the entire time, you never really know whats gonna happen next, very suspenseful

7/10

Back
Top Bottom