Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So I saw Thor.....it was alright.  I think they had a little something there, I just think they stretched it a lil bit.  Seemed like they were jumping around too much for some reason, it didn't have the follow thru that Iron Man has, or even the new Hulk.  I think they woulda been better off slowing down and simply developing his story, not rushin to the next battle scene or whatever. 

But, hey, he ain't even what it's all about, they just needed the introduction to get him ready for Avengers.  And speaking of introductions, seein Jeremy Renner pop up outta nowhere for 8 seconds was interesting. 
laugh.gif
  Those crafty Marvel folks. 

I'll go the JPZ rating route, let's go with 6.5/10. 

So I saw Thor.....it was alright.  I think they had a little something there, I just think they stretched it a lil bit.  Seemed like they were jumping around too much for some reason, it didn't have the follow thru that Iron Man has, or even the new Hulk.  I think they woulda been better off slowing down and simply developing his story, not rushin to the next battle scene or whatever. 

But, hey, he ain't even what it's all about, they just needed the introduction to get him ready for Avengers.  And speaking of introductions, seein Jeremy Renner pop up outta nowhere for 8 seconds was interesting. 
laugh.gif
  Those crafty Marvel folks. 

I'll go the JPZ rating route, let's go with 6.5/10. 

I heard there wasn't a very memorable battle scene in Thor... like, there WERE battle scenes, but none that made you go "Wow!" or stuck out to you when you left the movie. Did you get that too?

I heard there wasn't a very memorable battle scene in Thor... like, there WERE battle scenes, but none that made you go "Wow!" or stuck out to you when you left the movie. Did you get that too?

Yeah....yeah I could agree with that.  I dunno, maybe the first battle scene was "alright" kinda cool seein him with the hammer and what not, little things he could do and all that, but after that, yeah they were a little weird with the scenes. 

I think honestly my favorite scene (outside of any that contained Natalie) was when he knocked a dude down, then set his hammer on the dude's chest so of course, the guy couldn't move because it's so magically heavy. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  That's just funny writing right there boys. 

It's decent enough to watch once or twice, learn about the character a lil bit, and see if maybe he stands out better when the Avengers drops.  Otherwise he'd just be a blonde dude in a cape if they didn't at least give us this. 

Yeah....yeah I could agree with that.  I dunno, maybe the first battle scene was "alright" kinda cool seein him with the hammer and what not, little things he could do and all that, but after that, yeah they were a little weird with the scenes. 

I think honestly my favorite scene (outside of any that contained Natalie) was when he knocked a dude down, then set his hammer on the dude's chest so of course, the guy couldn't move because it's so magically heavy. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  That's just funny writing right there boys. 

It's decent enough to watch once or twice, learn about the character a lil bit, and see if maybe he stands out better when the Avengers drops.  Otherwise he'd just be a blonde dude in a cape if they didn't at least give us this. 

I kinda wanna see Thor out of the sheer curiosity as to how an epic god is portrayed on screen, but I'll probably wait till it's on TV. Can't really bring myself to the movies that much these days.

I kinda wanna see Thor out of the sheer curiosity as to how an epic god is portrayed on screen, but I'll probably wait till it's on TV. Can't really bring myself to the movies that much these days.

I love me some dumb action sometimes, but Fast Five is my limit. Thor looks like I'll forget I watched a movie 5 minutes later. We got spoiled in '08.

Next movie I'd see in theaters is probably Hesher, Hobo With A Shotgun or Hangover 2.

I love me some dumb action sometimes, but Fast Five is my limit. Thor looks like I'll forget I watched a movie 5 minutes later. We got spoiled in '08.

Next movie I'd see in theaters is probably Hesher, Hobo With A Shotgun or Hangover 2.

I forgot about Hesher. Good call.

In the near future for me: that, The Tree of Life, Hangover, maybe Bridesmaids, maybe Everything Must Go.

In the near future for me: that, The Tree of Life, Hangover, maybe Bridesmaids, maybe Everything Must Go.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Go see 'Rio' .
That's next on my list, per a request from my 5 year old son.  Glad to hear someone recommends it though. 

Originally Posted by dreClark

Go see 'Rio' .
That's next on my list, per a request from my 5 year old son.  Glad to hear someone recommends it though. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

100% i noted the same in my review...nothing memorable about the film...one of the reasons I didn't like it

Originally Posted by JPZx

100% i noted the same in my review...nothing memorable about the film...one of the reasons I didn't like it

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

all of this...gonna be great (bridesmaids is iffy but i really hope its good it has a good blueprint to base itself on)

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

all of this...gonna be great (bridesmaids is iffy but i really hope its good it has a good blueprint to base itself on)

Back
Top Bottom