Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Damn, just now seein the preview for Hesher, that looks like a damn trip. 
eek.gif

Not many people watched Kill Shot, but I thought GJL was great in that role, this role looks a little similar, but calmer.  (if that makes sense
laugh.gif
)

Damn, just now seein the preview for Hesher, that looks like a damn trip. 
eek.gif

Not many people watched Kill Shot, but I thought GJL was great in that role, this role looks a little similar, but calmer.  (if that makes sense
laugh.gif
)

I'm still waiting for that Matt Damon and Anna Paquin movie to come out, Margaret or whatever. Things been on the shelf for like 5 years.

I'm still waiting for that Matt Damon and Anna Paquin movie to come out, Margaret or whatever. Things been on the shelf for like 5 years.

smith needs to do it imo. He is a movie start to me not an elite actor. this could change that

smith needs to do it imo. He is a movie start to me not an elite actor. this could change that

Smith probably doesn't have the cojones to do Tarantino... and I hope I'm wrong because he should.

Anyway, I watched Palo Alto, CA tonight, indie film about four kids who come back for Thanksgiving weekend during their first year in college, takes place on their last night in town. Seems like the cliche set up but it was pretty good and I was surprised at how they handled the typical characters, kid who joined a frat, guy in a serious relationship/too serious about his future, shy/nerdy kid meets an unusual/hot girl (Autumn Reeser), and the jerk who doesn't treat his girlfriend well and ends up hanging out with a hilarious/awesome Grandma
laugh.gif

It managed to address the standard college/growing up "issues" but not in an obvious manner, it was funny, written well, impressive considering it was done by a bunch of film students. Plus it has Ben Savage and Tom Arnold... can't beat that.

Smith probably doesn't have the cojones to do Tarantino... and I hope I'm wrong because he should.

Anyway, I watched Palo Alto, CA tonight, indie film about four kids who come back for Thanksgiving weekend during their first year in college, takes place on their last night in town. Seems like the cliche set up but it was pretty good and I was surprised at how they handled the typical characters, kid who joined a frat, guy in a serious relationship/too serious about his future, shy/nerdy kid meets an unusual/hot girl (Autumn Reeser), and the jerk who doesn't treat his girlfriend well and ends up hanging out with a hilarious/awesome Grandma
laugh.gif

It managed to address the standard college/growing up "issues" but not in an obvious manner, it was funny, written well, impressive considering it was done by a bunch of film students. Plus it has Ben Savage and Tom Arnold... can't beat that.

Originally Posted by DubA169

read your blog i agree that smith is an odd choice for a QT movie

Originally Posted by Noskey

Smith should do it. It'd be a great change of pace for him
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's just a weird choice. Not in the fact that Smith can't do it, but more because he doesn't fit the mold of a QT type of leading star.

You have to have a certain screw loose to play a QT movie, and this one is going to be very edgy, it's about slavery, the N word will be thrown around loosely...it's a sensitive subject all around.

The one reason I think he should do it is to get back in the spotlight and maybe define himself again.

Smith hasn't done a movie in 3 years. The last couple he did were Seven Pounds which I thought was meh, Hancock = crap, I Am Legend was good, not great, and The Pursuit of Happyness was excellent.

But that's going back to 2008 and those movies span to 2006.

So you can argue and say that he has had 2 memorable movies in the last 5+ years.

read your blog i agree that smith is an odd choice for a QT movie

Originally Posted by Noskey

Smith should do it. It'd be a great change of pace for him
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's just a weird choice. Not in the fact that Smith can't do it, but more because he doesn't fit the mold of a QT type of leading star.

You have to have a certain screw loose to play a QT movie, and this one is going to be very edgy, it's about slavery, the N word will be thrown around loosely...it's a sensitive subject all around.

The one reason I think he should do it is to get back in the spotlight and maybe define himself again.

Smith hasn't done a movie in 3 years. The last couple he did were Seven Pounds which I thought was meh, Hancock = crap, I Am Legend was good, not great, and The Pursuit of Happyness was excellent.

But that's going back to 2008 and those movies span to 2006.

So you can argue and say that he has had 2 memorable movies in the last 5+ years.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Which is exactly why I think he should do it; show some range and win over lots of people who dont like him
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Which is exactly why I think he should do it; show some range and win over lots of people who dont like him
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom