Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Lazarus pool?!
eek.gif

Haven't looked in this thread in forever, might as well rename this the official movie thread. I do like that it is in the S&T though since it seems the people that frequent this forum are a bit more mature than those in general and won't crap up the thread with nonsense.

Haven't looked in this thread in forever, might as well rename this the official movie thread. I do like that it is in the S&T though since it seems the people that frequent this forum are a bit more mature than those in general and won't crap up the thread with nonsense.

Will Smith really isn't that weird of a choice. Tarantino's gonna get that hoodness outta Will that we haven't seen since the first few seasons of Fresh Prince. If Will signs on (which he should, but who knows with the way he's focusing on his children), this'll be fantastic and he'll get that Oscar nominitation.

Will Smith really isn't that weird of a choice. Tarantino's gonna get that hoodness outta Will that we haven't seen since the first few seasons of Fresh Prince. If Will signs on (which he should, but who knows with the way he's focusing on his children), this'll be fantastic and he'll get that Oscar nominitation.

smith as frederick douglas... meh. rather see someone with more range. i like smith but i just don't think he's that good. i do hope he proves me wrong

smith as frederick douglas... meh. rather see someone with more range. i like smith but i just don't think he's that good. i do hope he proves me wrong

I think Tarantino's like Fincher, if there's anything there he'll find it and he'll get it out of you. I mean Will's got enough range to be in Fast Six, but who knows.

Imagine if this is the role that finally gets his head out of his own %!$.
nerd.gif

I think Tarantino's like Fincher, if there's anything there he'll find it and he'll get it out of you. I mean Will's got enough range to be in Fast Six, but who knows.

Imagine if this is the role that finally gets his head out of his own %!$.
nerd.gif

ok...people have read the script for Django Unchained and say that it is solid, but very sensitive in subject matter. The N word is thrown around multiple times every 2-3 pages of teh script.

Going to be interesting to see how this develops

ok...people have read the script for Django Unchained and say that it is solid, but very sensitive in subject matter. The N word is thrown around multiple times every 2-3 pages of teh script.

Going to be interesting to see how this develops

Dead honest question, why is QT allowed to do that? I know he's simply a writer and all, but why is he allowed to write like that and not get checked for it?

Dead honest question, why is QT allowed to do that? I know he's simply a writer and all, but why is he allowed to write like that and not get checked for it?

Spike Lee tried to, he claimed Tarantino was infatuated with the word and wanted "to become an honorary black man"... Tarantino basically replied that his dialogue was accurate and honest, reflecting how his characters would speak (they were directly referencing Jackie Brown) Samuel Jackson defended Quentin saying in the film it wasn't offensive due to it being an homage to blaxploitation films.

Without getting into a debate over the word, he's "allowed" to do it because he's a writer and he finds it appropriate to his dialogue within the films. If it seems excessive or done with deliberately malicious intention, then I can understand an outrage. With his upcoming film it's going to be a huge issue I'm sure, especially regarding the subject matter... but I don't expect it to be anything that ruins the film.

Spike Lee tried to, he claimed Tarantino was infatuated with the word and wanted "to become an honorary black man"... Tarantino basically replied that his dialogue was accurate and honest, reflecting how his characters would speak (they were directly referencing Jackie Brown) Samuel Jackson defended Quentin saying in the film it wasn't offensive due to it being an homage to blaxploitation films.

Without getting into a debate over the word, he's "allowed" to do it because he's a writer and he finds it appropriate to his dialogue within the films. If it seems excessive or done with deliberately malicious intention, then I can understand an outrage. With his upcoming film it's going to be a huge issue I'm sure, especially regarding the subject matter... but I don't expect it to be anything that ruins the film.

Back
Top Bottom