Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

48b66b2357d17acbe1b9860ad7916713.gif

The Equalizer 2 5.7/8

After a few hours away from it this isnt better than the first one. It was good but Fuqua and uncle Zel didn't bring it. In some ways in tone and message its distinctly different from the first one.

Its like Fuqua and uncle Zel on the first go around stuck to source material, modernized it and just made a real good action flick in the old man action genre revitalized by Liam Neeson. With this sequel they had specific themes and topics they wanted to touch on.

Here's the crazy thing, the Equalizer equalizes to start off the movie. The patented equalizer action is there and its good, theres some humor, wisdom. Dude is keeping up with being that guy to right wrongs. Then the main plot begins to take center stage and the 2nd act turns this movie in to a slow paced murder conspiracy investigation. It is so filled with talking, and maneuvering, and the editing is a bit choppy to get that underway that it was crazy to me how different it was from the first movie. And I admittedly need to rewatch the first movie to see just how different it is.

Now the changes they made I didn't mind and/or liked. The equalizer takes an interest in a young man, who has some potential to go somewhere in life, he ends up equalizing for and there's the whole getting him out of gang life moment. The actor playing the kid was just okay. Clearly playing a character not about that life. Similar to the first movie where he helps Moretz character but its not the main plot.

What got me though was the main plot and the motives of the villains and who they were. I didn't care for it and my man Pedro did nokt come through given what his specialty ended up being. The final act is a bit dumb if these dudes new the equalizer in his old life and still fall for his M.O.

A crazy thing to me that didnt click for me midway through - even when its talked about in movie - that had me thinking something was wrong with the theater, was every 15 min I kept hearing thunder. **** was crazy. Just thunder. Wasnt until the 3rd act that it finally rained. Like it was a weird set up for the final act. I'm suppose to believe these trained military black ops dudes are gonna try to kill somebody in the middle of a damn super storm in some port town in Boston, and not just anybody but the equalizer. It got a bit silly that he even got his home alone going again to kill dudes in that setting :lol: :smh:

Movie was okay but nothing hyped anticipation should warrant. Just something that'll keep you engaged and entertained for 2 hours.

Last edited:
I didn't realize this doc came out so quickly.. I just saw a blurb about it the other day. Will watch for sure.

Little Italy looks like another 0% RT potential.. I think Emma Roberts could have had a nice little career but she just kind of fizzled out. Speaking of awful movies, I tried watching Gotti the other day but made it about 5 minutes in and I had to tap out.. I'll try again soon.

My homie recommended this movie to me yesterday lol I'm not a Travolta fan unless it's a movie like Wild Dogs :lol: he was good in the OJ series tho

I'd liken the differences and changes from The Equalizer and Equalizer 2 to Jack Reacher and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

Not bad sequels at all but just not on the levels of the first ones.

CAN'T WAIT!

Whoever this person is... They called it...

Something about specifying it'll have black leads just bothers me in that tweet.

It's w/e, let me say it probably won't top the OG but I'll give it a chance.

Joss needs tonget his **** together. No need to limit himself as just a superhero or comic book movie maker anyway. Didn't have to go back to the same well.

the robin williams doc was so sad. dude was fighting a war within himself. great insight to his personal life from his closest family and friends. 7/8

annabelle creation was great. had me on the edge. body is ready for the nun. 7/8

jumanji - suprisingly good. good take on the og. jack black killed it. 6.5/8

Blindspotting 7.5/8

So good. SO GOOD!

This right here got me feeling good overall about this year of movies. Especially this summer. I can't recall seeing this many quality flicks almost month to month in theaters. Like Black Panther really set the tone for the whole year. Making me feel like Get Out came out this year too. Just one continuing multi-layered theme for me

Diggs and Casal were great in this. Touched on so many things.

I felt this was good 2/3rds in to this. I was already satisfied and entertained with the humor, topics covered, depth, relatability but then that final scene!

SON WAS SPITTING BARS OF TRUTH! Like you know it wasnt over after his probation was up and **** kept haunting him. It was nice way to get closure by happenstance and coincidence.

And I came in expecting 2 hrs but they managed to fit so much in to like 97 min or w/e. Paced itself well. Never was preachy, never was forced or corny.

Will mos def watch again.

Last edited:
Recently checked out Watermelon Man (1970), I saw this movie on Encore in what had to be maybe fifth grade. I remember being drawn to it because the character looked so odd to me at the time, then I found out why. :lol: Anyone interested in blaxsploitation or Van Peebles should check it.

Also watched Time Code (2000), the gimmick is cool but the story is severely lacking.

Back
Top Bottom