Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by CP1708

That Gotti cast is interesting. 

A bunch of Travolta's, Lindsay Lohan, and then Pesci/Pacino.........unique, to say the least. 
laugh.gif

yea it is a bit weird, but the star power is there.

Great director in Barry Levinson, and with some key casting still to be done this could be great....but...Gotti Jr has a hand in production so he does have a say, if you want to believe it or not. So things could get sticky.

It'll be interesting to see how this comes together

That Gotti cast is interesting. 

A bunch of Travolta's, Lindsay Lohan, and then Pesci/Pacino.........unique, to say the least. 
laugh.gif

yea it is a bit weird, but the star power is there.

Great director in Barry Levinson, and with some key casting still to be done this could be great....but...Gotti Jr has a hand in production so he does have a say, if you want to believe it or not. So things could get sticky.

It'll be interesting to see how this comes together

So I just watched 'The Green Hornet'...

laugh.gif
at the James Franco-Christoph Waltz interaction in the first five minutes. "Disco Santa"
laugh.gif
... "You think I'm boring? Buhhh... my gun has two barrels"
laugh.gif

Damn, James Reid (Rogen's dad) ages well. 20 years later and he still looks exactly the same
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Adam Morrison running Chudnofsky's meth lab
roll.gif

For as good of an actor as Christoph Waltz is, I feel like his talents were bogged down in this so-so film.

Throughout the entire movie I'm wondering, like, why does Kato need Britt again? Kato does EVERYTHING. But I suppose Britt had resources that Kato didn't have at his disposal.

Overall, the movie tried to be too funny and it just didn't meet the bill. With Seth Rogen being the main character, I should have known.

5/10

So I just watched 'The Green Hornet'...

laugh.gif
at the James Franco-Christoph Waltz interaction in the first five minutes. "Disco Santa"
laugh.gif
... "You think I'm boring? Buhhh... my gun has two barrels"
laugh.gif

Damn, James Reid (Rogen's dad) ages well. 20 years later and he still looks exactly the same
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Adam Morrison running Chudnofsky's meth lab
roll.gif

For as good of an actor as Christoph Waltz is, I feel like his talents were bogged down in this so-so film.

Throughout the entire movie I'm wondering, like, why does Kato need Britt again? Kato does EVERYTHING. But I suppose Britt had resources that Kato didn't have at his disposal.

Overall, the movie tried to be too funny and it just didn't meet the bill. With Seth Rogen being the main character, I should have known.

5/10

Ya'll really gonna make me watch that aren'tcha? 
laugh.gif

That's like 4 straight loved it's from in here, and the 5 minutes I saw was weird as hell.  But I caught it in the middle, I didn't see the whole set up or anything.  I'll try to get it on DVR and see what it's all about. 

Ya'll really gonna make me watch that aren'tcha? 
laugh.gif

That's like 4 straight loved it's from in here, and the 5 minutes I saw was weird as hell.  But I caught it in the middle, I didn't see the whole set up or anything.  I'll try to get it on DVR and see what it's all about. 

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Blood Type, if you find the script send it my way please. Thanks.

mibad, it's been found. 
nerd.gif

You right though, anybody that ever seen any of the Buffy series, there was some EXCELLENT work done there.  The silent episode was one of my favorite tv shows of all time.  Was truly fantastic. 

And speaking of TV shows..........Dexter, season 6 teaser trailer last night. 
pimp.gif
Joss Whedon is that dude. Seen everything he's done (even Dollhouse wasn't that bad).... 
Him directing is the only reason I got to see Avengers right now.
ohwell.gif

That Gotti movie is going to be on Medellin's level.
laugh.gif
 I was gonna say...it still sounds like that movie Bobby soaked in Olive oil.
Vince > Al
Originally Posted by DubA169

just watched scott pilgim and I gotta admit I really, really liked it. i'm shocked.

I was so disappointed that maybe 20 people were in the theater opening night. Such a good, detailed movie. Their fault for casting Cera. 
eyes.gif

Blood Type, if you find the script send it my way please. Thanks.

mibad, it's been found. 
nerd.gif

You right though, anybody that ever seen any of the Buffy series, there was some EXCELLENT work done there.  The silent episode was one of my favorite tv shows of all time.  Was truly fantastic. 

And speaking of TV shows..........Dexter, season 6 teaser trailer last night. 
pimp.gif
Joss Whedon is that dude. Seen everything he's done (even Dollhouse wasn't that bad).... 
Him directing is the only reason I got to see Avengers right now.
ohwell.gif

That Gotti movie is going to be on Medellin's level.
laugh.gif
 I was gonna say...it still sounds like that movie Bobby soaked in Olive oil.
Vince > Al

just watched scott pilgim and I gotta admit I really, really liked it. i'm shocked.

I was so disappointed that maybe 20 people were in the theater opening night. Such a good, detailed movie. Their fault for casting Cera. 
eyes.gif

I had heard that Dollhouse was actually quite good, but I have never seen 5 seconds of it.  Maybe I'll give it a look some day, it's only 2 seasons. 

I always get Cera and homie from Social Network confused for some reason.  Not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I always get mixed up. 
laugh.gif

I had heard that Dollhouse was actually quite good, but I have never seen 5 seconds of it.  Maybe I'll give it a look some day, it's only 2 seasons. 

I always get Cera and homie from Social Network confused for some reason.  Not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I always get mixed up. 
laugh.gif

i had hope for it because the director is very good. He directed shawn of the dead, hot fuzz, and a bunch of episodes on Spaced.

the movie has alot of style. it's very weird from beginning to end. doesn't make sense but that's besides the point.

i haven't ever seen spaced mentioned on NT. one of the most underrated series ever. It's what Simon Pegg got famous for. so many movie and videogame references.

i had hope for it because the director is very good. He directed shawn of the dead, hot fuzz, and a bunch of episodes on Spaced.

the movie has alot of style. it's very weird from beginning to end. doesn't make sense but that's besides the point.

i haven't ever seen spaced mentioned on NT. one of the most underrated series ever. It's what Simon Pegg got famous for. so many movie and videogame references.

One of my favorite series of all time.
pimp.gif
The IT Crowd is another British series that I love, but I work in IT... so maybe I'm biased. Either way, it's hilarious.

One of my favorite series of all time.
pimp.gif
The IT Crowd is another British series that I love, but I work in IT... so maybe I'm biased. Either way, it's hilarious.

Social Network kid was on Conan or something, and half of his interview was talking bout how everyone thinks he was in Arrested Development.
Same with Cera. Everyone keeps congratulating him for Social Network.

But yeah...Scott Pilgrim...so many things in that movie have grown on me. Everyone in that movie killed it, except Scott and Ramona have no chemistry at all. I was mad when they casted Cera. He's not even a little like the comic character. But the sister, sister's friend, roommate, Knives, everyone was good. Even blANNd showed up.
laugh.gif

Is Spaced worth it? I tried watching it in hs and kinda gave up the third time I passed out to it.
tired.gif

And anyone else wanted to read Django Unchained?

Social Network kid was on Conan or something, and half of his interview was talking bout how everyone thinks he was in Arrested Development.
Same with Cera. Everyone keeps congratulating him for Social Network.

But yeah...Scott Pilgrim...so many things in that movie have grown on me. Everyone in that movie killed it, except Scott and Ramona have no chemistry at all. I was mad when they casted Cera. He's not even a little like the comic character. But the sister, sister's friend, roommate, Knives, everyone was good. Even blANNd showed up.
laugh.gif

Is Spaced worth it? I tried watching it in hs and kinda gave up the third time I passed out to it.
tired.gif

And anyone else wanted to read Django Unchained?

Back
Top Bottom