Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hotel Artemis 6/8 - I enjoyed this. Surprising cast. Ripped off plot but it was interesting and I would watch it again.

Skyscraper 4/8 - The Rock being The Rock doing The Rock things.

Dug this out of my DVD collection last night and watched for the first time in a while. Used to love it as a kid. Holds up surprisingly well. Super likable cast.

51M6B1R7DJL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Dug this out of my DVD collection last night and watched for the first time in a while. Used to love it as a kid. Holds up surprisingly well.

51M6B1R7DJL._SY445_.jpg

:wow: So few people know the greatness that is this film.

I still to this day bring up the scene from this where they move that dude's entire office into the quad and leave it exactly as it was in his office. :lol:
The mouth wash, Lou Gossett, the bad dude from Low Down Dirty Shame, the mob boss from Law and Order, Frodo, Will Weaton, love this movie man.

"Pots, and pans......."

Tim Burton seems to have found a good vehicle for his steelo. His whole career has been making movies about characters that are perceived as genius freaks who are really sympathetic characters. Dumbo really parallels Edward Scissor Hands in so many ways.

Last edited:
I don't like Common as an actor. Something really just bugs me when I see him on screen. I did like his role in the Forest Whitaker/Keanu Reeves flick Street Kings. He played a hellava bad guy. I just can't put my finger on why I don't like him as an actor. This looks like a decent flick though.

I don't like Common as an actor. Something really just bugs me when I see him on screen. I did like his role in the Forest Whitaker/Keanu Reeves flick Street Kings. He played a hellava bad guy. I just can't put my finger on why I don't like him as an actor. This looks like a decent flick though.

Common is almost always in a role that feels unnatural for him. Whether he's a hitman or a cop it just feels off every time.

Common is almost always in a role that feels unnatural for him. Whether he's a hitman or a cop it just feels off every time.
Thats what it is... Like in John Wick 2, when he's speaking Italian, he sounds like a meathead American but I know he's trying really hard to pronounce the words right.

:lol:

Dug this out of my DVD collection last night and watched for the first time in a while. Used to love it as a kid. Holds up surprisingly well. Super likable cast.

51M6B1R7DJL._SY445_.jpg

I always get this mixed up with small soldiers when I see it playing on tv. Guess I should check it out

Post to avi ratio :nthat:
I'm working from home today & have the TV for "some company"... Been changing the channel as movies ended & caught the last hour of this classic. The cinematography is still stellar...

Other stuff I had on was Birth of a Dragon, Phantom Thread, Blade Runner 2049, The Terminal, & now The Pelican Brief.

I think Widows might have been my favorite of the year. Stunning movie.

I went in pretty much completely blind, didn’t see any trailers or even knew who was in the cast beside Viola. I just knew it was directed by Steve McQueen and it was based around a heist.

The plot was so wide sprawling, it felt like I was watching The Wire again. It touches on so many issues beyond the heist plot; politics, corruption, race

The final sequence was intense, especially with Hans Zimmer going Dark Knight mode with the score.

Viola was godly as usual and Daniel Kaluuya was a ****ing savage.

McQueen was flexing with the camerawork in this too, some of the shots were wild.

7.5/8

Last edited:
One of the best opening scenes of a movie ever...

Ed’s holy troika of movies Boomerang, Coming To America, & Harlem Nights is incredible.

This scene is brings the lulz...

Last edited:
The Equalizer II 5.25/8 - Not as good as the first film. The Cape Cod or whatever sequence felt tacked on... Denzel still a G though.

Last edited:
Widows 7.5/8

So ****ing great. Just another impressive addition to McQueen's resume.

I am convinced McQueen can direct a movie of any genre and it be great.

Whole cast was good in this. Viola, Michelle, Liz were so fine. Shorty that played Bell was so fit and fine. I just know she got mad energy when she ****ing. Only wish Carrie was in this more but the role just didnt allow for it.

Brian Three Henry and Daniel Kalyuua werr menacing. Need them in a classic hood movie. Colin was also good despite his role coming easy for him.

Robert Duvall was ****ing hilarious with his insane character losing it in that one scene :rofl:

Thr plotting and writing in this was just very very good. Had nice doses of humor in all of the tense suspenseful drama and the action.

Private War 5.7/8

I mean it was good bit ultimately not for me. I dozed off a fee minutes in the middle cuz the story just did not grab me for a reporter that exclusively goes to the most hostile conflicts in the middle east.

When I saw promo and the trailer I was like maybe this'll be really emotional along with the devastation of war but I got half that (the latter half). It was just a but bland.

To me Pike was in her bag. I hear the Oscar buzz and high praise but to me this didnt really stretch her range from the previous roles I've seen her do. Nor was it her best.

Frontrunner 6/8

Jackman was real good.

Hart was a casualty of the changing times. Dude was arrogant in a way he did bit think the media would come for him.

Cast was solid but the way the plot is it was kind of a waste of Simmons and Molina. My bae Vera was still looking good. I wonder if that was her actually playing piano.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom