Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Do the Right Thing was released in theaters 30 years ago today.

8173k5GXgGL._SL1500_.jpg

I am in, but I only keep watching because I have such faith in the show. However every season after the first one, I am like man they could have done better. So much nostalgia to play on and I think they are just doing the bare minimum. I know the guys who created are the directors but maybe step away from writing the show and bring in another team.

Man I was looking at clips and this one came on.

No matter the role Denzel always manages to do it the same way. When he says explain it to me. I instantly thought of the scene in Crimson Tide when he tells the guy about Jack Kirby's Silver Surfer.

calibeebee calibeebee
You weren’t lying. Snowpiercer was lit!
B566561D-042B-40F5-9859-1EB98BB7B19F.png

7/8

I never would have thought a movie that took place entirely in a train could be this good. It was a dystopian movie that knew it’s premise/setting was a little silly & didn’t take it self TOO seriously and I loved that! Reminded me of V for Vendetta in that aspect for some reason.

I’ve never seen a Korean action-flick but the direction in this during the battle scenes is how I imagined a Korean action film would look like if that makes sense. Joint was shot hella tensely because of the confined set space that the revolt was taking place in and the pacing was great. Felt like a old school, arcade game the way they proceeded level by level in one direction.

Acting was great on all fronts. I looked up the director after finishing it and saw I actually had seen a previous work of his, Okja. I could totally see the stylistic resemblance in both in how the plot is a little absurd and like I said before, doesn’t take itself too seriously.

I see he has a dark-comedy that was the first Korean film to win the Palme d’Or this year at Cannes. Definitely going to check that out when I can. :pimp:

calibeebee calibeebee

7/8

I never would have thought a movie that took place entirely in a train could be this good. It was a dystopian movie that knew it’s premise/setting was a little silly & didn’t take it self TOO seriously and I loved that! Reminded me of V for Vendetta in that aspect for some reason.

I’ve never seen a Korean action-flick but the direction in this during the battle scenes is how I imagined a Korean action film would look like if that makes sense. Joint was shot hella tensely because of the confined set space that the revolt was taking place in and the pacing was great. Felt like a old school, arcade game the way they proceeded level by level in one direction.

Acting was great on all fronts. I looked up the director after finishing it and saw I actually had seen a previous work of his, Okja. I could totally see the stylistic resemblance in both in how the plot is a little absurd and like I said before, doesn’t take itself too seriously.

I see he has a dark-comedy that was the first Korean film to win the Palme d’Or this year at Cannes. Definitely going to check that out when I can. :pimp:

Bong Joon-Ho is a gawd.

Check out Memories of a Murder and Mother for sure.

Man the good ol days. Stiller had one hell of a run. There’s Somehing About Mary, Mystery Men, Meet the Parents, Zoolander and Royal Tennenbaums the same year, Along Came Polly and Starsky Hutch same year, Dodgeball, Tropic Thunder!

Son had the juice from 98’-2008. One helluva run.

It's a pretty dark movie but Permanent Midnight was great too

calibeebee calibeebee

7/8

But wait..

Are you ready for this

robtoofresco robtoofresco glad you enjoyed Snowpiercer.

Movie surprised the hell outta me. Thought the whole thing was gonna be like the pooor rear of the train. Couldn’t believe what it turned into. Got folks dining on the finest sushi with the personal chefs :lol:

Also this part had me shook. Was not expecting it AT ALL

I watched D.C. Cab several years ago. It's every 80s comedy you've seen.

Even if I conceded that was true - which I’m not sure I do - I’d still consider it a good thing since I grew up on and love 80s comedies :lol: I get what you’re saying though...

Back
Top Bottom