Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

laugh.gif
  Well, I was discussing some stuff with some new guys in PM's.  And I knew they would never be able to go thru 150+ pages and see all that has gone on.  So I thought about how to locate some of the good stuff, like the Pulp Fiction discussion (which was incredible btw) and tried to find a way to put it all together.  Certainly there's a lot of stuff missed out, lot of other movies randomly brought up, but in terms of actual discussions that lasted more then 1 or 2 people goin back and forth, I made a list as best I can.  Hopefully it will help people find certain topics later. 

laugh.gif
CP... There are literally loads of movies she'll find and want on there... And at $10 a pop, it's a damn good deal on most of their stuff...

I've thought about re-upping and getting another 7 of them basically for free since I'm probably going to end up buying Dumbo and Lion King anyways..

laugh.gif
CP... There are literally loads of movies she'll find and want on there... And at $10 a pop, it's a damn good deal on most of their stuff...

I've thought about re-upping and getting another 7 of them basically for free since I'm probably going to end up buying Dumbo and Lion King anyways..

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Serious question for those of you who buy Disney films on DVD: How often do you end up watching them?
Me, none.  But my wife and daughter watch the @#$% out of them.  In fact, honestly, they get more value out of their movies then I do mine.  I have probably 50 sitting on my racks unopened.  
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
  And my wife has always been a big Disney fan, so she was buying them even before my daughter was born. 

Serious question for those of you who buy Disney films on DVD: How often do you end up watching them?
Me, none.  But my wife and daughter watch the @#$% out of them.  In fact, honestly, they get more value out of their movies then I do mine.  I have probably 50 sitting on my racks unopened.  
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
  And my wife has always been a big Disney fan, so she was buying them even before my daughter was born. 

To be honest, I rarely watch them. My Studio Ghibli films, on the other hand, get quite a bit of play.

To be honest, I rarely watch them. My Studio Ghibli films, on the other hand, get quite a bit of play.

I've heard nothing but good things about Studio Ghibli. I thought long and hard about going to the museum in Japan but opted against it.

I've heard nothing but good things about Studio Ghibli. I thought long and hard about going to the museum in Japan but opted against it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

What the hell is a Studio Ghibli? 

Japanese animation film studio. I think they're partnered with Disney now, too.

I'm by no means an anime fan, but I absolutely love their stuff. Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle... etc. You should buy your daughter My Neighbor Totoro - I guarantee that she'd love it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

What the hell is a Studio Ghibli? 

Japanese animation film studio. I think they're partnered with Disney now, too.

I'm by no means an anime fan, but I absolutely love their stuff. Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle... etc. You should buy your daughter My Neighbor Totoro - I guarantee that she'd love it.

Kev, is Kill the Irishman already out in theatres? 
nerd.gif

I seem to have located a way to view it, lookin forward to doin so sometime this week. 

Got Drive Angry too, uh, it's a Nic Cage movie, I expect a solid 4 outta 10 on this one I'm sure. 
laugh.gif

Kev, is Kill the Irishman already out in theatres? 
nerd.gif

I seem to have located a way to view it, lookin forward to doin so sometime this week. 

Got Drive Angry too, uh, it's a Nic Cage movie, I expect a solid 4 outta 10 on this one I'm sure. 
laugh.gif

I generally buy them for resale/trade purposes when they go into the Vault... I keep the Pixar stuff and some of the Classics, but most of the Disney Classics are stored away waiting for the prices to jump... Easy way to make a few bucks and turn one movie into 3 or 4...

And just as a general rule of thumb, I rarely spend more than $12 on any of them... Just wait for sales or Disney's coupons to come out...

Chester... Spirited Away.
pimp.gif
 Really good movie.

I generally buy them for resale/trade purposes when they go into the Vault... I keep the Pixar stuff and some of the Classics, but most of the Disney Classics are stored away waiting for the prices to jump... Easy way to make a few bucks and turn one movie into 3 or 4...

And just as a general rule of thumb, I rarely spend more than $12 on any of them... Just wait for sales or Disney's coupons to come out...

Chester... Spirited Away.
pimp.gif
 Really good movie.

Back
Top Bottom