Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

F41F824C-74D5-4868-BD0F-BE729049B886.gif

Just started Breaking Bad for the first time. Only a few episodes in. When does it get good? I know it's early, but Aaron Paul's character is pretty cringe with the "yo yo yo representing the ABQ" sh*t. Can't tell if it's serious or not. Cranston I can tell is gonna be great though.

Just started Breaking Bad for the first time. Only a few episodes in. When does it get good? I know it's early, but Aaron Paul's character is pretty cringe with the "yo yo yo representing the ABQ" sh*t. Can't tell if it's serious. Cranston I can tell is gonna be great though.

:lol:

Trust me here.......stay with it. You will see.....

TRUST. ME.

Just started Breaking Bad for the first time. Only a few episodes in. When does it get good? I know it's early, but Aaron Paul's character is pretty cringe with the "yo yo yo representing the ABQ" sh*t. Can't tell if it's serious or not. Cranston I can tell is gonna be great though.

PLEASE STAY WITH IT!

No, we've only done Decade drafts and a Character draft.

All Time isn't a terrible idea, but judging for that would be brutal.

It’s ok, I’ve developed a non-biased scientific method of judging these drafts. It’s an algorithm that assigns a score to each film on a roster based on a composite of RT user reviews, IMDB user reviews, critic reviews and box office grosses, adjusted for inflation. Highest combined score for each film on a “team” wins...

Just kidding. I still don’t exactly know what an algorithm is...:lol:

I’m watching the 1997 Eddie Murphy movie Metro, which is pretty mediocre, but Carmen Ejogo looks fantastic in it...plus the British accent :blush:

Joker 6/8

Ok so Joaquin was really good. The story was okay. It left me wanting though. Felt a bit weird we kinda got dropped in the middle of this dude's life cuz I don't know if Phillip's was fully or partially going for a Killing Joke one bad day (weeks in this instance) can make any good man snap.

Thing is here things happen over time, Arthur is already a loser and outcast among losers. So while I see the Scorsese movie comparisons I was thinking more of Americam Psycho and Falling Down (there's also a touch of Norman Bates here). AP cuz there are scenes that happen in Joker that didnt really happen and if you play more off Joker in the comics who constantly tells a new origin and doesnt actually know how he became the Joker cuz of all the lies you can also question some of the kills. Falling Down is obvious cuz the same things happen; loses his job, actually loses his woman, etc. One bad day and he snaps.

Unlike those movies though, Joker is unlikable. I dont get how some are rooting for him. That was not the vibe I got with my audience. There were laughs but no cheers. Joker was the disturbed and unlikable throughout.

What I liked:

I loved the cinematography, scenes, and environments of how this era of NYC was captured. Always loved the look and feel of this NYC. So grimey in a beautiful way. I can go on and on. A movie has this look and I'm sold on giving it a shot.

Joaquin was really good for the most part. He really sold this character in his emotional vulnerable moments and his uneasy mental break downs that led to his spontaneous murders.

Loved when he killed his scumbag clown peer in his apt and then let the ****** go. Whole audience laughed. Probably the only satisfying kill he did innthe movie. Rest were sad or awful or just abrupt.

There are certain moments and scenes that Phillips just nailed. The end scene after that car crash. Joker gets out, kinda prances around and smears the blood on his face on top of the cop car to make the smile was perfect.

Don't want to repeat it twice so I'll just say his fake laugh when he's pretending something is funny was way better than his horrible nervous dry throat gotta cough laugh. That **** was so annoying and unnerving. The fake laugh was great in comparison.

What I didn't like:

Joker's nervous laugh. Really didnt like it.

Phillips had a problem either being too artsy or paying too much homage to Scorsese and other directors in that vein. Some scenes were to selfmastubatory. All those times Joker was flailing his arms in the air and posing was too much

Too much reliance on this weak score. A bunch of silent scenes of Joker dancing or prancing around were just so forced and overdone. Trying to be powerful when they simply weren't. More masturbation there. It annoyed me cuz the score wasn't that good anyway. Also the song choice imo was just wrong when Joker was heading towards the show and then it turned back in to the score before the chase to the train.

Phillips spoon fed too much of the plot reveals/twists and character developments with his mental illness when it came to the reveal he imagined scenes hanging with Zazie's character. There's a subtle way to do that and he didnt. Then at the same time he decides to hold back on implying that he killed her and her daughter. It's like Phillips thought at this point in the movie fans may want to root for Joker or he doesnt want them to turn against him? It just wasnt handled well.

I didn't like this angle to make this version of the Joker any direct commentary on the socially inept of modern society; the incels or mass shooters or what have you. The entire spiel he was on about why care about those wall st. guys cuz you wouldn't care about me dying on the st. I didn't buy it. It reminded me how Nolan failed to convey something similar with the 1% in TDKR and he overdid it way too much.

The Wayne's were unnecessary in this. The Wayne murder scene was just fan service fan wanking. Plus think about it, The Joker riots basically caused the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents. Shooter got a clown mask on. They better not ever try to tie this Joker in to a shared universe or continue with Batman easter eggs in a sequel.

All in all the movie had its pros and cons. Nothing I would rave about. Joaquin was very good and carried the movie and I enjoyed that.

Gemini Man 5.2/8

Okay they lied. Nothing breathtaking with this chi. No deaging tech here. Just some good cgi on Will to recreate his young self and its only good when he's not moving. Most of the time theres no focus on him during the day and when there is they're underground or its at night. At the end during a day shot I think on Brooklyn college campus man that young Will looked like a straight up chi creation. It was so bad. Matrix Reloaded scene for sure.

Will said there was a stunt man doing the moves but to me its like they just recreated a cgi figure like in Matrix Reloaded. Cuz the young Will was moving TOO FAST. Think of that Captain America kick in Winter Soldier and the guy went flying in to the ship's railing dumb fast and you have to assume he's dead. Thats how young Will was moving and if he kept connecting it makes no sense how any human could survive it.

Otherwise, action was dope.

Anyway, story was fine. It's really not as bad as ppl made it sound from reviews. Yes it is another spy movie where one spy gets burned by his country/agency and chased by another spy plus the twist was given away but its not the worse of that type. Its just the typical high quality entertainment wise you'd get from Will in his prime. He has not eased in to the old man action hero well unlike his contemporaries.

To sum up the story is basically Logan just not as good with no western feel. Clone is after Will, they fight a bunch of times while being chased all over the world. Eventually come to an understanding only to face another ruthless clone.

Jexi 5/8

I got to the movies late so to get in I wasted time and saw this. Got a few chuckles out of it. I remember seeing the promo for this and swearing this was another Adam movie on netflix. This really wasnt good enough to be released in theaters.

Alexandra Shipp just gets more fine :evil:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom