Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

im down with watching some older movies none of us have ever seen. kind of like a book club thing

Oh there's a LOT of things we could do over time.  We could do a draft with ALL decades available. 

And I've been doing the older movies thing Dub mentioned, Dirk was the one that gave me the idea last summer when he brought up IMDB top 250, so I went, looked that up, and went to work.  We could certainly do some work within that. 

We could attempt to put together a top 100 list all time or some @#$%  Maybe have each person do their own, average them out or something.  Maybe do a voting process, take the first rounds of the drafts, lump them together, and vote them into order slotting them 1 thru whatever number we decide. 

Plenty of stuff you can do with movies, and of course every weekend more come out and we have all that to play with as we move along.  And if 2 sports leagues go into lengthy lockouts, this thread will be all I'll have left. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
  (*Prays again there are no lockouts, I won't survive*)

As for now, Shaun has been on the clock for like 80 hours or something, safe to assume there's a problem whereever he's at.  Hope he's ok and maybe checks in at some point, if and when that happens, he can resume his spot.  But for now, he happily selects Paper Moon, Comedy

Prime is on the clock now. 

Kill the Irishman was very good.  The cast was solid as hell.  Sorvino, Walken, Kilmer, Vinnie, and if I'm not mistaken, that hitman at the end, wasn't he one of the douche bag FBI guys from Die Hard? 
nerd.gif
  Agent Johnson or whatever.  I thought I recognized his face/voice, but I couldn't tell, they never give you a good look at him.  They showed a few scenes that looked like actual footage from the 70's news broadcasts, is that true, or were those all just filmed scenes as well? 

Noskey, email sent bro.  Enjoy. 

Oh there's a LOT of things we could do over time.  We could do a draft with ALL decades available. 

And I've been doing the older movies thing Dub mentioned, Dirk was the one that gave me the idea last summer when he brought up IMDB top 250, so I went, looked that up, and went to work.  We could certainly do some work within that. 

We could attempt to put together a top 100 list all time or some @#$%  Maybe have each person do their own, average them out or something.  Maybe do a voting process, take the first rounds of the drafts, lump them together, and vote them into order slotting them 1 thru whatever number we decide. 

Plenty of stuff you can do with movies, and of course every weekend more come out and we have all that to play with as we move along.  And if 2 sports leagues go into lengthy lockouts, this thread will be all I'll have left. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
  (*Prays again there are no lockouts, I won't survive*)

As for now, Shaun has been on the clock for like 80 hours or something, safe to assume there's a problem whereever he's at.  Hope he's ok and maybe checks in at some point, if and when that happens, he can resume his spot.  But for now, he happily selects Paper Moon, Comedy

Prime is on the clock now. 

Kill the Irishman was very good.  The cast was solid as hell.  Sorvino, Walken, Kilmer, Vinnie, and if I'm not mistaken, that hitman at the end, wasn't he one of the douche bag FBI guys from Die Hard? 
nerd.gif
  Agent Johnson or whatever.  I thought I recognized his face/voice, but I couldn't tell, they never give you a good look at him.  They showed a few scenes that looked like actual footage from the 70's news broadcasts, is that true, or were those all just filmed scenes as well? 

Noskey, email sent bro.  Enjoy. 

Celtic Pride
Field of Dreams
Love & Basketball
He Got Game
The Rookie
Longest Yard
Any Given Sunday
Varsity Blues

Celtic Pride
Field of Dreams
Love & Basketball
He Got Game
The Rookie
Longest Yard
Any Given Sunday
Varsity Blues

Yes, my first choices for this round are still alive.

Slap Shot, sports.
The Warriors, crime.

Yes, my first choices for this round are still alive.

Slap Shot, sports.
The Warriors, crime.

Ok, what was next on that list for Shaun to pick?  I forgot where that list was the Ches posted. 

Ok, what was next on that list for Shaun to pick?  I forgot where that list was the Ches posted. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Well, Shaun already has a drama though.  This is what he has and we need to fill. 

Shaun
Sports---
Drama---Dogday Afternoon
Comedy--- Paper Moon
Horror/Thriller---A Clockwork Orange
Crime---Blue Collar
Sci-Fi---
Action---
Western---
Utility---Saturday Night Fever
Utility---

Using http://www.imdb.com/chart/1970s...

#27, Stalker - Sci-Fi.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Well, Shaun already has a drama though.  This is what he has and we need to fill. 

Shaun
Sports---
Drama---Dogday Afternoon
Comedy--- Paper Moon
Horror/Thriller---A Clockwork Orange
Crime---Blue Collar
Sci-Fi---
Action---
Western---
Utility---Saturday Night Fever
Utility---

Using http://www.imdb.com/chart/1970s...

#27, Stalker - Sci-Fi.

Alright, that's the pick for Shaun then.  Stalker, Sci-Fi.

RyGuy takes Mad Max, Sci-Fi. 

Dub is on the clock. 

Alright, that's the pick for Shaun then.  Stalker, Sci-Fi.

RyGuy takes Mad Max, Sci-Fi. 

Dub is on the clock. 

Back
Top Bottom