Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Dark Waters 7.4/8

Oh this DuPont corporation, what a bunch of evil scumbags. Knowingly poisoning Americans with Teflon for 40 years

This is one those stories you expect when you're aware of the corruption and greed in big business but wish wasnt true.

Ruffalo carried this movie and keeps you engaged. The writing is smart enough to focus key points and jarring imagery to keep you glued to your seat. Once you get a grasp of this David and Goliath story you just naturally want to see it through to it's end.

Robert Bilott is a fighter. This is the lawyer Ruffalo plays that takes on DuPont and wins at every stage, goes through every roadblock, passes every impediment. He sacrifices his marriage and being a father to his sons to fight for this community poisoned by DuPont. Dude fights them for over 2 decades now and is still fighting.

This was just a great story that needed to be told.

I thought it was a solid watch, if you're in the mood for an eye opening almost documentary type film then I would recommend it. It's a detail oriented film about how large corps can get away with so much and have almost little to no backlash once all is said and done. Movie really makes you put things in perspective. Mark Ruffalo nailed his role imo.

Watched last night. Love movies like this. Watching Ruffalo as Bilott put the pieces together was great. Some really solid performances by him and Hathaway, among others. Wish Bill Camp was in more stuff.

Infuriating to see how these corporate suits and lawyers move and manipulate others to preserve their own wealth.

Wasn’t a big fan of The Invisible Man (2020)
For me, i rate it 5/8

I enjoyed the seriousness of the movie to an extent, but I couldn’t willingly suspend my disbelief any longer towards the end.

too many scenarios in the movie that were just a little too ludicrous for me to fully enjoy the movie. I applaud the reboot efforts focusing on quality direction over big name Hollywood budget. For a $7million budget, the movie was a slam dunk.

elizabeth moss typecast for these kinda roles for sure :lol:
Will continue to watch any and all movies in the monsterverse, even if they are all gonna be standalones from here on out.

Wasn’t a big fan of The Invisible Man (2020)
For me, i rate it 5/8

I enjoyed the seriousness of the movie to an extent, but I couldn’t willingly suspend my disbelief any longer towards the end.

too many scenarios in the movie that were just a little too ludicrous for me to fully enjoy the movie. I applaud the reboot efforts focusing on quality direction over big name Hollywood budget. For a $7million budget, the movie was a slam dunk.

elizabeth moss typecast for these kinda roles for sure :lol:
Will continue to watch any and all movies in the monsterverse, even if they are all gonna be standalones from here on out.
Only way that movie could have been real is if the main character was black. No one listens to nor believes a black woman.

I only have WiFi with Verizon (YouTube TV). I imagine you need to have HBO in order to get the HBO Max for free?
Not sure check.

Think you needed to have cable and subscribe to HBO or have one of the 3 (cable, Wi-Fi, phone) and one of them be an unlimited plan.

Just try logging in through your cable provider with your my Verizon log in.

Last edited:
Watched a 2018 Netflix Rom-Com called When We First Met with Adam Devine and Alexandra Daddario. Meh. Aside from involving a photo both with time travel abilities, was a very run-of-the-mill rom-com. Not a bad movie and the actors were trying, but wasn’t really funny except for a couple lines and just not otherwise notable in any way.

2.5/8 on the strength of a Daddario’s hotness and being set in New Orleans, rather than LA, NYC or San Francisco.

The Hunger Games Films - 5.25/8

Originally I thought I would go through my whole life without ever watching these 4 movies. I had no interest in ever seeing em but a FWB wanted me to watch them while at her place since I was putting her on to the MCU while she was at mine. Honestly they were better than I was expecting.

The bad **** first, this series is obviously for teens and I mean that in the worst way possible. Some of the acting is too over dramatic at times and the love triangle seemed forced. Also didn’t need to be 4 films, should have been 3 with the last one being 2 and a half to 3 hours combing the best parts of the last 2 films.

Now to the good parts, there was solid action when the films were actually focused on it. I enjoyed Woody Harrelson’s character, he was fun to watch every time he was on the screen. It was nice to see Philip Seymour Hoffman in his last role, he wasn’t given much but he did his thing. Had no idea Mahershala Ali was in it this thing, he was a nice surprise.

1591064552610.gif

Back
Top Bottom