Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by PRIME1984

I select:

d6f3660d103f2590f46721552911fe9f504fba55.pjpg
the true Star Wars Prequel, Thx 1138.  Sci-Fi
indifferent.gif

Thought I could hold out.

I had a feeling it wasn't going to last much longer.

Originally Posted by DubA169

The oscars robbed Kubrick and Marty over and over again. i couldn't care less about their opinion

Woody allen is a G for never going to the show. Only one he went to was after 9/11

Yep. The Oscars, man, it's tough to choose between them and the Grammy's for who's worse at deciding the best quality work in their fields/more full of political bull *+%$.

Speaking of Kubrick and his work, Dr. Strangelove, the character, is one of the best characters ever created. Sellers was HILARIOUS as the Nazi scientists.
"Sir, I have a plan!"
*stands up out of wheelchair*
"Mein fuhrer... I CAN WALK!"

The oscars robbed Kubrick and Marty over and over again. i couldn't care less about their opinion

Woody allen is a G for never going to the show. Only one he went to was after 9/11

Yep. The Oscars, man, it's tough to choose between them and the Grammy's for who's worse at deciding the best quality work in their fields/more full of political bull *+%$.

Speaking of Kubrick and his work, Dr. Strangelove, the character, is one of the best characters ever created. Sellers was HILARIOUS as the Nazi scientists.
"Sir, I have a plan!"

Originally Posted by Noskey

"Sir, I have a plan!"

If you like Sellers check him out in The Mouse that Roared, he plays 3 roles. 

Plot summary:
The tiny (3 miles by 5 miles) European Duchy of Grand Fenwick, supposedly located in the Alps between Switzerland and France, proudly retains a pre-industrial economy, dependent almost entirely on making Pinot Grand Fenwick wine. However, an American winery makes a knockoff version, "Pinot Grand Enwick", putting the country on the verge of bankruptcy.

The Prime Minister decides that their only course of action is to declare war on the United States. Expecting a quick and total defeat (since their standing army is tiny and equipped with bows and arrows), the country confidently expects to rebuild itself through the generous largesse that the United States bestows on all its vanquished enemies (as it did for Germany through the Marshall Plan at the end of World War II.)

Instead, the Duchy defeats the mighty superpower, purely by accident: landing in New York City.  

Originally Posted by Noskey

"Sir, I have a plan!"

If you like Sellers check him out in The Mouse that Roared, he plays 3 roles. 

Plot summary:
The tiny (3 miles by 5 miles) European Duchy of Grand Fenwick, supposedly located in the Alps between Switzerland and France, proudly retains a pre-industrial economy, dependent almost entirely on making Pinot Grand Fenwick wine. However, an American winery makes a knockoff version, "Pinot Grand Enwick", putting the country on the verge of bankruptcy.

The Prime Minister decides that their only course of action is to declare war on the United States. Expecting a quick and total defeat (since their standing army is tiny and equipped with bows and arrows), the country confidently expects to rebuild itself through the generous largesse that the United States bestows on all its vanquished enemies (as it did for Germany through the Marshall Plan at the end of World War II.)

Instead, the Duchy defeats the mighty superpower, purely by accident: landing in New York City.  

Shaun's next pick (from Kev)
and RyGuy's as well.  Ry, if you are back, let me know so I can stop goin off your list and let you adjust, some of yours are being picked off by others. 

Round 8
Noskey---Duck, You Sucker, Western
Prime---Uptown Saturday Night, Crime
Shaun---Too Late the Hero, Utility
RyGuy---High Plains Drifter, Western
Dub---
Kool---
Johnny---
CP1708---
U of Nike---
LTB---

We made good progress yesterday, another solid day today and we finish this bad boy off tomorrow. 
pimp.gif

Shaun's next pick (from Kev)
and RyGuy's as well.  Ry, if you are back, let me know so I can stop goin off your list and let you adjust, some of yours are being picked off by others. 

Round 8
Noskey---Duck, You Sucker, Western
Prime---Uptown Saturday Night, Crime
Shaun---Too Late the Hero, Utility
RyGuy---High Plains Drifter, Western
Dub---
Kool---
Johnny---
CP1708---
U of Nike---
LTB---

We made good progress yesterday, another solid day today and we finish this bad boy off tomorrow. 
pimp.gif

^Good catch. 

Thankfully, Ry gave me the most detailed list since Illmatic. 
laugh.gif

His pick is still a Western, this one is Junior Bonner

^Good catch. 

Thankfully, Ry gave me the most detailed list since Illmatic. 
laugh.gif

His pick is still a Western, this one is Junior Bonner

i was looking at a random list of the top 100 in the 70's and i had never even heard of like thirty of them

i was looking at a random list of the top 100 in the 70's and i had never even heard of like thirty of them

Back
Top Bottom