Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Forgot to bring this up I think

I watched Idris Elba' s Yardie. Great movie 6.8/8

Last night I watched The Wave 6/8. Cool lil drug/time travel/existential crisis movie.

The Guest
5/8
Decent low budget thriller. Plot holes and cheese throughout but a fun bored stoned watch. My guy Dan Stevens is solid in this one but the lack of budget is apparent and some of the co-stars' acting is abhorrent :lol: You can see potential in the movie the first 3/4 then the final act just overcommits to the cheese and cliches and the low budget becomes way more noticable.
liuetenet Daniels is in this one too for a little :lol:

Last edited:
Does anyone know a good (preferably simple) watch list app?

I figure, I should begin to track what I have watched/what I want to watch, given I have viewed so much during the pandemic.

The Guest
5/8
Decent low budget thriller. Plot holes and cheese throughout but a fun bored stoned watch. My guy Dan Stevens is solid in this one but the lack of budget is apparent and some of the co-stars' acting is abhorrent :lol: You can see potential in the movie the first 3/4 then the final act just overcommits to the cheese and cliches and the low budget becomes way more noticable.
liuetenet Daniels is in this one too for a little :lol:

The cheese and cliches were definitely intentional. It's an 80's action-sci-fi -horror homage. Mysterious stranger, super soldier, bar fight, corny one-liners, final girl, synth-pop soundtrack etc.

The cheese and cliches were definitely intentional. It's an 80's action-sci-fi -horror homage. Mysterious stranger, super soldier, bar fight, corny one-liners, final girl, etc.

I hear you, just feel like it ramped up out of nowhere :lol:
I knew nothing about the movie going into it so that would've probably helped, still enjoyed it and thought it was worth the watch.

I hear you, just feel like it ramped up out of nowhere :lol:
I knew nothing about the movie going into it so that would've probably helped, still enjoyed it and thought it was worth the watch.

I watched it as if it came out in the 80's which probably helped. I was into all those over the top action flicks growing up though so the nostalgia was on my side for sure.

He directed one of my childhood favorites. RIP.

81LWUe5mFCL._SL1500_.jpg

speaking of horror films, still heated how they dropped the ball on it2 smdh. first one was great.

saw ford v rrari. damon and bale did their thing. sad the outcome for ken |l 6.5/8

Saw Big Daddy for like the millionth time tonight, the first with my son. I mean, it wasn't robbed of any awards, but that's a damn good watch, man. :lol:

"Hiphopanonymous?" My son literally fell off his chair.

Also this totally happened:

Mike: I am still weirded out seeing them kiss.
Sonny : Why? They're gay. That's what gay guys do.
Mike : Yeah, but they were like brothers to us in school.
Sonny : They're still our brothers. Our very gay brothers.
my son: Welp, I guarantee that other guy's probably a racist.
Sonny: What are you doing after this? Going to a Klan meeting?

Happened just like that and I loved it.

Back
Top Bottom