Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It's cool CP, no rush.

Btw, just saw Dazed and Confused....yeeeeeahhh that was an awesome movie. Really put me in the mood to smoke weed, do stupid %$@$ and get drunk as hell
laugh.gif

Totally didn't know Ben Affleck was in that movie and didn't even recognize him till that still screen during the credits, and Matthew McCaunghoheyteheyey was that dude.

It's cool CP, no rush.

Btw, just saw Dazed and Confused....yeeeeeahhh that was an awesome movie. Really put me in the mood to smoke weed, do stupid %$@$ and get drunk as hell
laugh.gif

Totally didn't know Ben Affleck was in that movie and didn't even recognize him till that still screen during the credits, and Matthew McCaunghoheyteheyey was that dude.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Salander on her stomach? Yeah, I like where that's headed. Hopefully her retaliation is included.
And I second that Immigrant Song cover being terrible. C'mon now, you never ever ever cover Led Zeppelin.

And CP, how's the voting coming along? Still waiting on a lot of people or na?
I know, right.  I thought everyone knew that rule.  But between this trailer and the Nicole Scherzinger version of Black Dog, I guess people are forgetting. 

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Salander on her stomach? Yeah, I like where that's headed. Hopefully her retaliation is included.
And I second that Immigrant Song cover being terrible. C'mon now, you never ever ever cover Led Zeppelin.

And CP, how's the voting coming along? Still waiting on a lot of people or na?
I know, right.  I thought everyone knew that rule.  But between this trailer and the Nicole Scherzinger version of Black Dog, I guess people are forgetting. 

Charges brought against who? JRS? It's not me, right? 
nerd.gif

The trailer for the G.w.t.D.T. was cool, but I want to see a trailer that showcases the movie without a bunch of 1 second cuts. And Christmas?
30t6p3b.gif
Too far away.

1:02 in the trailer.

Lastly, I had NO idea Rooney Mara was Kate's little sister.

Charges brought against who? JRS? It's not me, right? 
nerd.gif

The trailer for the G.w.t.D.T. was cool, but I want to see a trailer that showcases the movie without a bunch of 1 second cuts. And Christmas?
30t6p3b.gif
Too far away.

1:02 in the trailer.

Lastly, I had NO idea Rooney Mara was Kate's little sister.

In a sports related note... for those that didn't know, Rooney and Kate Mara are the great-granddaughters of Tim Mara and Art Rooney (founders of the Giants and Steelers)

Neato

In a sports related note... for those that didn't know, Rooney and Kate Mara are the great-granddaughters of Tim Mara and Art Rooney (founders of the Giants and Steelers)

Neato

hunger-games_510.jpg

Deadline report today offhandedly broke big news that Lionsgate hoped to deliver four movies out of Suzanne Collins’ ridiculously popular dystopian trilogy The Hunger Games. The move, as revealed by some Lionsgate execs in a conference call with Wall Street analysts, would follow the recent trend of splitting the final book in series like Harry Potter and Twilight into two filmsBut not so fast, number crunchers. Turns out that the plan is not solid yet, as the focus remains on the first film and how it performs next March. (Lionsgate has no comment.)

But even the prospect of four films has the potential to send hardcore fans into an emotional tailspin. On the one hand, this means more of Katniss Everdeen and the rest of her friends and foes on the big screen. (More Jennifer LawrenceStanley TucciElizabeth BanksWoody HarrelsonDonald Sutherland… seriously, this cast!) But the move would also run the risk of offending purists who could bristle at what might be interpreted as the studio making an easy cash grab. Surely they’ll take some heart that writer Suzanne Collins continues to assume such an active role in the screenwriting process. The original architect of this whole universe would ostensibly remain at the center of creative decisions, which means the best interests of Katniss’ story should remain in good hands.

In the meantime the studio is staying mum on their four films fantasy, let alone where it might split up the action. So fans will have to debate in a vacuum about which book might be lopped in two.

I heard that these books were really good. Keep seeing the set in stores on display. I was going to pick it up but decided to read the game of thrones books instead.

hunger-games_510.jpg

Deadline report today offhandedly broke big news that Lionsgate hoped to deliver four movies out of Suzanne Collins’ ridiculously popular dystopian trilogy The Hunger Games. The move, as revealed by some Lionsgate execs in a conference call with Wall Street analysts, would follow the recent trend of splitting the final book in series like Harry Potter and Twilight into two filmsBut not so fast, number crunchers. Turns out that the plan is not solid yet, as the focus remains on the first film and how it performs next March. (Lionsgate has no comment.)

But even the prospect of four films has the potential to send hardcore fans into an emotional tailspin. On the one hand, this means more of Katniss Everdeen and the rest of her friends and foes on the big screen. (More Jennifer LawrenceStanley TucciElizabeth BanksWoody HarrelsonDonald Sutherland… seriously, this cast!) But the move would also run the risk of offending purists who could bristle at what might be interpreted as the studio making an easy cash grab. Surely they’ll take some heart that writer Suzanne Collins continues to assume such an active role in the screenwriting process. The original architect of this whole universe would ostensibly remain at the center of creative decisions, which means the best interests of Katniss’ story should remain in good hands.

In the meantime the studio is staying mum on their four films fantasy, let alone where it might split up the action. So fans will have to debate in a vacuum about which book might be lopped in two.

I heard that these books were really good. Keep seeing the set in stores on display. I was going to pick it up but decided to read the game of thrones books instead.

Son of a #@%+%#@ %#++$ I had a dream about the Game of Thrones books last night and I honestly didn't even know they existed. Guess I have no choice but to cop them now
laugh.gif

And I've had The Hunger Games (the first one) on my Kindle for a while, I'll probably start reading today or tomorrow since I should be finishing up The Corrections. I'll let you know how it is Dub.

Son of a #@%+%#@ %#++$ I had a dream about the Game of Thrones books last night and I honestly didn't even know they existed. Guess I have no choice but to cop them now
laugh.gif

And I've had The Hunger Games (the first one) on my Kindle for a while, I'll probably start reading today or tomorrow since I should be finishing up The Corrections. I'll let you know how it is Dub.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series are EXCELLENT books... Can be great movies, but Fincher is going to have to push all the wrong Hollywood buttons and not be afraid of what he's gotta do. These movies should make people uncomfortable in theaters.

I'm starting the Hunger Games series this week probably.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series are EXCELLENT books... Can be great movies, but Fincher is going to have to push all the wrong Hollywood buttons and not be afraid of what he's gotta do. These movies should make people uncomfortable in theaters.

I'm starting the Hunger Games series this week probably.

I watched the first Dragon, and honestly only thought maybe one scene was all that bad.  And I've seen worse.  WAY worse.  Irreversible with Monica Belluci and that scene was damn near the most brutal scene I have ever seen.  And it certainly made Dragon's look Disney-#%! imo.  *shrugs* 

The rest of the movie wasn't hardly dark at all really.  I'm guessing the books are? 
nerd.gif

I watched the first Dragon, and honestly only thought maybe one scene was all that bad.  And I've seen worse.  WAY worse.  Irreversible with Monica Belluci and that scene was damn near the most brutal scene I have ever seen.  And it certainly made Dragon's look Disney-#%! imo.  *shrugs* 

The rest of the movie wasn't hardly dark at all really.  I'm guessing the books are? 
nerd.gif

The books pretty much revolve around women being beaten and killed which was a big problem in that country (I always forget which one it is), but there a couple of really really bad scenes which involve Salander (her whole past is miserable too). I gotta read the second and third books one of these days as well. She's such a badass character just simply for what she did to get revenge.

Back
Top Bottom