Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The books pretty much revolve around women being beaten and killed which was a big problem in that country (I always forget which one it is), but there a couple of really really bad scenes which involve Salander (her whole past is miserable too). I gotta read the second and third books one of these days as well. She's such a badass character just simply for what she did to get revenge.

Ok, so as far as I know it, she had one bad moment in the first movie.  And got her revenge.  But you referenced a horrible past, does that mean in the second and third books that we find out more instances happened too her along the way? 
nerd.gif
  Like it wasn't the first time, it won't be the last either? 

I've got a resource to check out the next two movies, I just haven't gotten to them yet.  Maybe I need to get on that.  
laugh.gif

Ok, so as far as I know it, she had one bad moment in the first movie.  And got her revenge.  But you referenced a horrible past, does that mean in the second and third books that we find out more instances happened too her along the way? 
nerd.gif
  Like it wasn't the first time, it won't be the last either? 

I've got a resource to check out the next two movies, I just haven't gotten to them yet.  Maybe I need to get on that.  
laugh.gif

nice. I don't suggest getting game of thrones on kindle though. It got alot of negative reviews. Can't see the maps and something wrong with the appendix. In general i love the kindle though it's cool as hell.

they have the first 4 paperback books for 20 bucks up on amazon in a collection.

i read a review that hungergames are a mix of clockwork orange and 1984 so i went in the store to buy it. But then I saw it was a children's book so I backed off. How the can a children's book be like those two classics

nice. I don't suggest getting game of thrones on kindle though. It got alot of negative reviews. Can't see the maps and something wrong with the appendix. In general i love the kindle though it's cool as hell.

they have the first 4 paperback books for 20 bucks up on amazon in a collection.

i read a review that hungergames are a mix of clockwork orange and 1984 so i went in the store to buy it. But then I saw it was a children's book so I backed off. How the can a children's book be like those two classics

Noomi Rapace > *

Why they felt the need to "remake" The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is beyond me - the Swedish films were great. The fact that Staermose said that Lisbeth in the new movie is "more vulnerable" and "it's filmed in a way that's more touching" is worrisome. They need to keep it RAW, but this is America... so who knows.

And I'm glad that Game of Thrones is getting so much recognition now, thanks to the show.
pimp.gif
  Read the books and played the game when I was going to college - can't wait for the next book. If anyone other than HBO had done the series, I'd be worried, but man... they're slaying it right now. I LOVE IT.

emilia-clarke-game-of-thrones1.jpg

Daenerys.
embarassed.gif

Noomi Rapace > *

Why they felt the need to "remake" The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is beyond me - the Swedish films were great. The fact that Staermose said that Lisbeth in the new movie is "more vulnerable" and "it's filmed in a way that's more touching" is worrisome. They need to keep it RAW, but this is America... so who knows.

And I'm glad that Game of Thrones is getting so much recognition now, thanks to the show.
pimp.gif
  Read the books and played the game when I was going to college - can't wait for the next book. If anyone other than HBO had done the series, I'd be worried, but man... they're slaying it right now. I LOVE IT.

emilia-clarke-game-of-thrones1.jpg

Daenerys.
embarassed.gif

why would they feel the need to make her more vulnerable? that goes against the core of the character

why would they feel the need to make her more vulnerable? that goes against the core of the character

Damn, I wish i would've read your post Dub before buying the first one on the Kindle. Oh well, I could probably do without the maps since I usually just glance over that stuff quickly anyway.

CP, I haven't read the other two books, but in the first one they talk about her past and some of the things she had encountered. Nothing too serious but basic background stuff that really solidifies the grittiness of her character.

And more vulnerable...ehhh, Idk how I feel about that either. I've got a feeling she's gonna be playing second fiddle to the dude in this movie then instead of it really being the other way around. Figures though, we can't have women characters in American cinema be too powerful without having to rely on a guy to be there for them.

Damn, I wish i would've read your post Dub before buying the first one on the Kindle. Oh well, I could probably do without the maps since I usually just glance over that stuff quickly anyway.

CP, I haven't read the other two books, but in the first one they talk about her past and some of the things she had encountered. Nothing too serious but basic background stuff that really solidifies the grittiness of her character.

And more vulnerable...ehhh, Idk how I feel about that either. I've got a feeling she's gonna be playing second fiddle to the dude in this movie then instead of it really being the other way around. Figures though, we can't have women characters in American cinema be too powerful without having to rely on a guy to be there for them.

i read the prologue of the second book today and they were already talking about her past. And it was not bright haha.

The guy is the main character in the first book imo. so i would be okay with him getting more screen time. But she is cold. There shouldn't be any vulnerability in her.

i read the prologue of the second book today and they were already talking about her past. And it was not bright haha.

The guy is the main character in the first book imo. so i would be okay with him getting more screen time. But she is cold. There shouldn't be any vulnerability in her.

I'm with Dub... Blomkvist is kinda the show in the first book for me.

In the second and third books Lisbeth is accused of triple murder and it kinda deals with her getting into her past and opening up to Blomkvist to prove her innocence.

She's dark, man... The whole vulnerability thing is odd. I hope it's more poor choice of words than reality...

I'm with Dub... Blomkvist is kinda the show in the first book for me.

In the second and third books Lisbeth is accused of triple murder and it kinda deals with her getting into her past and opening up to Blomkvist to prove her innocence.

She's dark, man... The whole vulnerability thing is odd. I hope it's more poor choice of words than reality...

I thought getting Rooney Mara, to go with Daniel Craig was odd to begin with.  If you all are right about the guy being the main key in the first one, and the girl in the next 2, then that means at some point Mara has to shine bright and sort of surpass Craig.  Do any of you see that happening? 
ohwell.gif

To this day I still don't get the Rooney Mara choice.  Just hoping that I am wrong, otherwise I'll just stick to the 3 Sweedish films and pretend these never happened. 
laugh.gif

Dirk, you know anything about 70's movies?  I need another voter to come thru. 

I thought getting Rooney Mara, to go with Daniel Craig was odd to begin with.  If you all are right about the guy being the main key in the first one, and the girl in the next 2, then that means at some point Mara has to shine bright and sort of surpass Craig.  Do any of you see that happening? 
ohwell.gif

To this day I still don't get the Rooney Mara choice.  Just hoping that I am wrong, otherwise I'll just stick to the 3 Sweedish films and pretend these never happened. 
laugh.gif

Dirk, you know anything about 70's movies?  I need another voter to come thru. 

Back
Top Bottom