Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Johnny make sure you watch Aliens while #1 is still fresh in your mind.  See which you like more off instanct reaction. 

I'm goin to X-Men tonight, I'll post when I get home. 

Friend of mine got me a copy of Priest, Red Riding Hood and Unknown as well.  But ya'll file that under the unworthy of time slot so I won't bore you with details. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wow...it's almost at 200...all cuz we kept going OT in sports threads.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Friend of mine got me a copy of Priest, Red Riding Hood and Unknown as well.  But ya'll file that under the unworthy of time slot so I won't bore you with details. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Unknown was dope. The twist was dope and I actually didnt expect it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Unknown was dope. The twist was dope and I actually didnt expect it.

Red Riding Hood could've been good if it wasn't made by the dude that directed Twilight.
And I'm gonna try and get my hands on a copy of Aliens.

Red Riding Hood could've been good if it wasn't made by the dude that directed Twilight.
And I'm gonna try and get my hands on a copy of Aliens.

anyone peeped this show?
"4th and Forever" chronicles the 2010 football season of Long Beach Polytechnic High School, touted by Sports Illustrated as the "Sports School of the Century" and boasts the largest roster of high school players who have gone on to the NFL. After decades of success, Poly had a down year in 2009. They had their worst season in 15 years and lost to local rival Lakewood for the first time in over 25 years. After years of being pegged as "the team to beat," the aura of invincibility is gone. 

Thursdays at 9/8c, only on Current TV.

anyone peeped this show?
"4th and Forever" chronicles the 2010 football season of Long Beach Polytechnic High School, touted by Sports Illustrated as the "Sports School of the Century" and boasts the largest roster of high school players who have gone on to the NFL. After decades of success, Poly had a down year in 2009. They had their worst season in 15 years and lost to local rival Lakewood for the first time in over 25 years. After years of being pegged as "the team to beat," the aura of invincibility is gone. 

Thursdays at 9/8c, only on Current TV.

Just watched Gentleman Broncos, which was written and directed by the guy who did Napoleon Dynamite. I do not recommend. While Napolen Dynamite was weird-funny, this one was mostly just weird.

Just watched Gentleman Broncos, which was written and directed by the guy who did Napoleon Dynamite. I do not recommend. While Napolen Dynamite was weird-funny, this one was mostly just weird.

Alien is easily one of my favorite films.

I went and saw X-Men tonight.

Pre-mature, but this might have been my favorite Marvel film. Above Spiderman, above Iron Man, above X-Men.

I don't know if I'll go on and say that this was my favorite superhero movie, but this for me blew Thor out of the water.

Thor was much flashier, but I loved this goddamn flick.

They definitely took their liberties with this, but I loved how they tied to together in their own way.

What did it? The relationship between Xavier and Erik. It was amazing what they did. The entire thing, it was damn beautiful, for a stupid superhero movie.

I loved the mean-streak that Erik had as well. You see him sometimes, and you're just like... GOD he's a badass..

In the other X-Men films and a lot of other Marvel films, I always felt like the character development was pushed to the side, but in this, it was pushed to the forefront, and I loved it. Kevin Bacon was a littttttle too over the top for me, and I'm normally in love with Rose, but she was too dry for me.

I also loved the young cast for the most part.

Largely unnoticed in his other role, I for the life of me couldn't remember what film I had seen Banshee in, but then I realized it was The Last Exorcism, which I loved as well. I thought he was really genuine in his portrayal of someone so innocent. He was easily my favorite of the young cast.

Also loved Havok, really thought they did a good job with him, and his character.

First time I saw Michael Ironside in the film I thought it was Jack, I was like
eek.gif
!$@! Then I was like, Ironside.
laugh.gif

The only young cast member I wasn't fond of was Beast. Early on, absolutely, just fine. Then, I won't spoil it, but you'll know why I was indifferent.

Who else thought that there was a bit of a nod to the X-Men TV series with that theme when getting to the island?
pimp.gif

Alien is easily one of my favorite films.

I went and saw X-Men tonight.

Pre-mature, but this might have been my favorite Marvel film. Above Spiderman, above Iron Man, above X-Men.

I don't know if I'll go on and say that this was my favorite superhero movie, but this for me blew Thor out of the water.

Thor was much flashier, but I loved this goddamn flick.

They definitely took their liberties with this, but I loved how they tied to together in their own way.

What did it? The relationship between Xavier and Erik. It was amazing what they did. The entire thing, it was damn beautiful, for a stupid superhero movie.

I loved the mean-streak that Erik had as well. You see him sometimes, and you're just like... GOD he's a badass..

In the other X-Men films and a lot of other Marvel films, I always felt like the character development was pushed to the side, but in this, it was pushed to the forefront, and I loved it. Kevin Bacon was a littttttle too over the top for me, and I'm normally in love with Rose, but she was too dry for me.

I also loved the young cast for the most part.

Largely unnoticed in his other role, I for the life of me couldn't remember what film I had seen Banshee in, but then I realized it was The Last Exorcism, which I loved as well. I thought he was really genuine in his portrayal of someone so innocent. He was easily my favorite of the young cast.

Also loved Havok, really thought they did a good job with him, and his character.

First time I saw Michael Ironside in the film I thought it was Jack, I was like
eek.gif
!$@! Then I was like, Ironside.
laugh.gif

The only young cast member I wasn't fond of was Beast. Early on, absolutely, just fine. Then, I won't spoil it, but you'll know why I was indifferent.

Who else thought that there was a bit of a nod to the X-Men TV series with that theme when getting to the island?
pimp.gif

Just got done watching Stake Land. I go into every small movie these days expecting Number Four or somehting, but it was much better than I thought it'd be. Hard R, it ain't Twilight.
grin.gif

Movie's sorta halfway between The Road and 28 Days Later, except with vampires. It's like a serious Zombieland. I liked it though. There's a little bit of been there done that with some of it, but they put a nice twist on everything, and don't really show all their cards. The main kid does a good job, but the Whistler/Harvey Keitel type guy is the man. And even though things get a little ridiculous in it, but it's worth it.

The vamps in it make me wish I Am Legend would've used them instead of those Castlevania 64 looking creatures.
30t6p3b.gif

And a couple child actors run through, one horror-heads should recognize, one I went weebey.gif when I looked him up.
Gonna try and catch X-Men Monday...we couldn't make it to the 10:30 on time.
30t6p3b.gif

Just got done watching Stake Land. I go into every small movie these days expecting Number Four or somehting, but it was much better than I thought it'd be. Hard R, it ain't Twilight.
grin.gif

Movie's sorta halfway between The Road and 28 Days Later, except with vampires. It's like a serious Zombieland. I liked it though. There's a little bit of been there done that with some of it, but they put a nice twist on everything, and don't really show all their cards. The main kid does a good job, but the Whistler/Harvey Keitel type guy is the man. And even though things get a little ridiculous in it, but it's worth it.

The vamps in it make me wish I Am Legend would've used them instead of those Castlevania 64 looking creatures.
30t6p3b.gif

And a couple child actors run through, one horror-heads should recognize, one I went weebey.gif when I looked him up.
Gonna try and catch X-Men Monday...we couldn't make it to the 10:30 on time.
30t6p3b.gif

xmen is getting amazing reviews

does magneto have the same concentration camp backstory?

xmen is getting amazing reviews

does magneto have the same concentration camp backstory?

The scene in Argentina was terrific...

I went home and put Fassbender's movies on my Netflix queue immediately, he's the man.

The scene in Argentina was terrific...

I went home and put Fassbender's movies on my Netflix queue immediately, he's the man.

Fassbender is a fantastic actor...

Gonna see First Class tonight. Can't wait.

Fassbender is a fantastic actor...

Gonna see First Class tonight. Can't wait.

I'll speak on First Class on Monday, can't be doin it over phone. I just watched Mr. Smith goes to Washington, what a great film. I never thought I would like something like that but I loved every minute. Honestly surprised no one has tried to remake it with today's storylines. Easy 9 outta 10.

I'll speak on First Class on Monday, can't be doin it over phone. I just watched Mr. Smith goes to Washington, what a great film. I never thought I would like something like that but I loved every minute. Honestly surprised no one has tried to remake it with today's storylines. Easy 9 outta 10.

Back
Top Bottom