Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So, SOME of what he says is true, and solid opinions.

He follows those up with "well, we didn't see Superman shave, this is bull****" or "Clark Kent would never damage someone's truck over nothing" Right, cuz he didn't fly his *** back to a diner in 1982 just so he could beat up some truck driver. :lol:

Were there some issues? Yes.
Does that mean all of this guys rantings are bible? Nope. Not one bit.

I still believe MOS is the best Superman we've seen. Don't care that people pick every detail apart but gloss over other movies like nothing.
I don't believe this guys diatribes are bible at all which is why I said this is only part of why I don't understand.

But he makes a bunch of clear and concise points.

I'm not sure what Superman did in 1982 to a truck driver matters when before he got in to MoS he said all Superman movies have got Superman wrong and they only portray him one of two ways.

Also he even says he isn't trying to say he can write better scenes than screenwriters, these are just things that came to him as he watched the movie which can humanize Superman to the audience and have ppl relate.

Since you know, Superman isn't suppose to be some emo brooding charisma-less character.

If MoS is the best Superman movie then I gotta say you don't get Superman cuz the movie is still trash.

Not sure what you're talking about when you say ppl gloss over other movies. What movies? :nerd:

"Alita: Battle Angel"

6.6/8

Maybe I'm just hyped, but did not expect myself to enjoy this movie as much as I did. Christoph Waltz always excellent. Had me curious what Ido was up to. Conflicted Hugo losing his way. Ed Skrein with small role. Count me in for a sequel.

The possessor 7/8
Knew I was gonna like it after the first 10 minutes. Violent, bloody, modern sci fi gem

About to restart love and monsters. Started it last night got a little zombie land feel to it. Dig it

SMH, how I forget the “Leper King” in my cast of characters. If not for leprosy, Baldwin would have been a great king while bringing much-needed stability to Jerusalem. Ensuing power vacuum and struggle for control involving Sibylla doomed the crusader states.

Bae. 😍 #WW84
6CD8C84A-229B-4B94-866D-16BE7F3ED7CD.jpeg

no lie she might be the worst actor in Hollywood. Have not seen a single good performance from her ever but she got all the connections tho

I don't believe this guys diatribes are bible at all which is why I said this is only part of why I don't understand.

But he makes a bunch of clear and concise points.

I'm not sure what Superman did in 1982 to a truck driver matters when before he got in to MoS he said all Superman movies have got Superman wrong and they only portray him one of two ways.

Also he even says he isn't trying to say he can write better scenes than screenwriters, these are just things that came to him as he watched the movie which can humanize Superman to the audience and have ppl relate.

Since you know, Superman isn't suppose to be some emo brooding charisma-less character.

If MoS is the best Superman movie then I gotta say you don't get Superman cuz the movie is still trash.

Not sure what you're talking about when you say ppl gloss over other movies. What movies? :nerd:

I get Superman, it's better than 78, 82, whatever 3-4-5 were, Returns in 2006, MoS is better than all of them.

Perfect? No, course not. But better.

Cap 1, Thor 1, Iron Man 3, Christ he said he understood what they did to Mandarin. FoH. :lol:

4/10 scale? :smh: **** That guy. :lol:

Being mad cuz Pa Kent had a different, more modern, approach is dumb. It's 2014. Not 1945. Times change. I had no prob with Costner tryin a different way.

I DID chuckle at his voice change tho. That was funny. :lol:

I get Superman, it's better than 78, 82, whatever 3-4-5 were, Returns in 2006, MoS is better than all of them.

Perfect? No, course not. But better.
Man of Steel is literally the worst Superman story of any Superman movie. Worse than the one with Richard Pryor. Its an even worse story than Supergirl movies.

I don't know what you're talking about.

I really dont think you get Superman.

Cap 1, Thor 1, Iron Man 3, Christ he said he understood what they did to Mandarin. FoH. :lol:

4/10 scale? :smh: **** That guy. :lol:
You should actually watch his reviews for those movies before talking ignorantly on how he criticized them.

And yes all of those movies are better than MoS.

Being mad cuz Pa Kent had a different, more modern, approach is dumb. It's 2014. Not 1945. Times change. I had no prob with Costner tryin a different way.

I DID chuckle at his voice change tho. That was funny. :lol:
Different approach? :rofl:

Stop caping for this movie man. Be honest. There are lines and decisions made that do not belong in a Superman movie at all.

More modern? :smh:

This is what I mean when I say I dont think you get Superman. There isnt a SINGLE version of Pa Kent in the comics or cartoons that raises Clark Kent to maybe let children die, let him die, hide from the gov. at all costs, and basically not be a decent human being.

And then you try to attribute that to the thinking of 1945? It's like you haven't read or watched anything about Superman when it comes to his parents in decades at all.

Yet you think that is more modern. What about any of that says Superman? How could you even say that?

Also please don't put any of that on a good actor like Kevin Costner. He had nothing to do with it. Thats all on Snyder and whoever else wrote that trash movie script.

I don't think there's much more to talk about here. I'm not even a big Superman fan but at least understand the core characteristics and what he stands for. Actual Superman fans would tear you a part trying to peddle this version as "more modern" and just different :lol:

To make a better comparison, this portrayal of Superman would be like portraying Darth Vader as a caring diplomat that found and spared Jedi on the run, going as far to save their lives, and deep down hoped one day he could convince the emperor to pardon them cuz all life is precious.

Last edited:
I would've probably liked MoS more if it wasn't a Superman movie but I'm with Zik on this one. Disregards so many things that make Superman who he is.

The only thing MoS has over other Superman movies is visuals and action.

The story is trash.

The acting trash. The directing trash. The writing trash. Character work trash.

Watching Chernobyl and ****, I'm on a sad episode:
I'm watching the episode where those three soldiers have the kill the abandoned pets, it's tough for me imagine. But, I understand that in this situation, there's not too many options.

Man of Steele live action film, and that's b/c other ones were boring garbage, at least MoS was entertaining garbage. I like it. Great fight scenes too. He shouldn't have been written to kill ZOd though. That was just dumb.

Superman is best depicted in the Animated Series, Justice League, and some DC animated films. Those are great. If you don't SM & have never seen those then I understand b/c live actions hasn't done his bland self any justice.

But Brie Larson is a great actor though.

Gal is terrible.

We're talking about acting.

I've only seen her in Captain Marvel and she and the movie were cheeks!

Gal at least has a personality that shows during her movies.

If Brie was a spice, she'd be flour.

Back
Top Bottom