Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Decided to start a Community re-watch tonight since it was trending on Netflix and, also, why not?

I don't know how I forgot It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's first episode was the Gang gets Racist :lol:

Always thought it was later in the season. 1st episode ridiculously funny and awkward.

:lol:

This is when they turn the bar into a gay bar right? :lol: Great pilot. I really love that show.

Nolan mad mad
One of my favorite directors ever but he’s been a little too much during these pandemic times. Nobody wants to see the theater industry die but everyone has to adapt

Forcing ppl to go to a theater in these times isn’t saving the industry

still in Nolan I trust doe

One of my favorite directors ever but he’s been a little too much during these pandemic times. Nobody wants to see the theater industry die but everyone has to adapt

Forcing ppl to go to a theater in these times isn’t saving the industry

still in Nolan I trust doe
Nolan just dropped a video a couple days ago congratulating people in India for seeing Tenet in theaters too :lol: 🥴

Yeah.

Basically the Gang gets Gay ep too.

absolute classic. I’ve been getting a little upset about cancel culture lately. Streaming services have been pulling episodes that mention anything about racism it seems. They pulled episodes with blackface and others.

Like yeah that makes complete sense :smh: don’t pull anything involving rape (the episode you’re talking about) or any of the episodes involving violence or drug use. Pull the ones that point out that wearing blackface is wrong. The cancel culture executives at these streaming services are idiots and savages.

absolute classic. I’ve been getting a little upset about cancel culture lately. Streaming services have been pulling episodes that mention anything about racism it seems. They pulled episodes with blackface and others.

Like yeah that makes complete sense :smh: don’t pull anything involving rape (the episode you’re talking about) or any of the episodes involving violence or drug use. Pull the ones that point out that wearing blackface is wrong. The cancel culture executives at these streaming services are idiots and savages.
Low-key I'm hoping those ppl dont catch on to the Lethal Weapon episode. I think even Netflix pulled when they had it. Cancel culture and companies/studios are overcompensating to play it safe.

Blackface is usually always in poor taste but there are comedic genius moments where they get it right for the bigger overall message. Gotta understand the characters a bit more to get why Mac insists to do blackface, why Dee goes along, and why Dennis wants no parts of it :lol:

Still annoys me they pulled the Community dungeons and dragons episode cuz they don't understand ****.

Wouldn’t even call it cancel culture. They just afraid that someone will complain. It’s straight fear that makes them pull **** before anyone says anything.

It is funny that people have now put a name to something that’s been going for decades. People been calling for **** to be removed or cancelledfor as long as we been here. Book burnings, boycotts, “Someone please think of the children!!” :rofl:
I be laughing at people thinking this is new. Remember all the times GLAAD came for Eminem? Or when people said his and Mansons music was one of the reasons Columbine happened?

Wouldn’t even call it cancel culture. They just afraid that someone will complain. It’s straight fear that makes them pull **** before anyone says anything.

It is funny that people have now put a name to something that’s been going for decades. People been calling for **** to be removed or cancelledfor as long as we been here. Book burnings, boycotts, “Someone please think of the children!!” :rofl:
I be laughing at people thinking this is new. Remember all the times GLAAD came for Eminem?
Yeah but back then it was normal cuz the larger world didn't give a **** and there was no social media to make it seem bigger than it is or cause ppl to overreact to complaints.

The listen/believe the victim stance has gotten out of control to where ppl are reacting before there are any victims.

They should leave that stuff be, it marks a time period, that's how history gets watered down. Make it available at least, maybe in an archive section. If you're teaching a lesson you want access to **** like Birth of a Nation etc.

They should leave that stuff be, it marks a time period, that's how history gets watered down. Make it available at least, maybe in an archive section. If you're teaching a lesson you want access to **** like Birth of a Nation etc.
Yeah I think WB had it right with the warning before the movie. Acting like it didn't exist doesn't help anyone.

Heard this convo on talk radio this morning.

What are your top 3 reality shows of all time? Not counting competition, challenge, bachelor type shows.

what about without the exclusions? :nerd:

Survivor is really the only reality show I considered myself a real fan of, but I even stopped watching that like 10 years ago.

I watched the first few seasons of Real Workd back in the 90s too.

And So You Think You Can Dance. No further comment.

Back
Top Bottom