Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Currently

8C3AA2DB-E784-4B1F-9794-EDA716306787.jpeg

Human Capital 6.2/8

I thought the movie was gonna be one thing (a sort of financial drama with a dash of Changing Lanes) but it turned put to be something else entirely with a cool little 3 running story lines.

I was in it for Liev and Skarsgård but Maya Hawke's character and her story really carried the story emotionally before and after her ****** up decision. Then she made a stupid decision with that laptop :lol:

Figured it'd end in suicide but nice swerve instead.

Gonna watch for sure. Extreme sports docs are always fire. Have you seen "Free Solo"? Some incredible stuff.

My classmate was second camera assistant and sometimes cinematographer for this movie. as of now he is the only one of my cinema school class to win an oscar.

this is him. great dude. everything really lined up perfectly to get to where he did.

Just watched 12 years a slave for the first time. On the one hand, it was very well made. Outstanding acting performances, great cinematography, great score, Pitt gawd. But on the other hand, I hated this movie.

black trauma movies are boring as hell man. It played out EXACTLY how I expected it to. I’m good on “those” movies for the next 8 years.

movie gets a 4/8 rating from me. Which is the average of my enjoyment rating 1/8 and my quality of film rating 7/8

Last edited:
Just watched 12 years a slave for the first time. On the one hand, it was very well made. Outstanding acting performances, great cinematography, great score, Pitt gawd. But on the other hand, I hated this movie.

black trauma movies are boring as hell man. It played out EXACTLY how I expected it to. I’m good on “those” movies for the next 8 years.

movie gets a 4/8 rating from me. Which is the average of my enjoyment rating(1/8) and my quality of film rating (7/8)
I mean the movie was not a black trauma movie for the sake of black trauma. It's based on real events.

I feel like black ppl have been overloaded with some black trauma in real life that they're missing the historical significance and other messages these movies provide. At its core it has the typical perseverance, never giving up hope, under dog tropes all movies have.

I can understand the lack of entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom