Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I was just surprised to hear a different take on her than the norm.

I use Out of Sight as an example of there is something there. She CRUSHED that role, imo.

Nominate her for Oscars? No, but can she act, and and a Hollywood starlet? Absolutely.

I guess I would equate it to Keanu, someone who will never win Oscars, but God damn if we don't rush to the theaters to see his films.

She was great in The Wedding Planner, the Rom-Com is certainly in her wheelhouse, she has a little toughness in her, Enough, the Boy Next Door was decent enough.

I guess I just haven't sat down and actually penciled it out to make my own call, but I feel like the Keanu view is kinda on point. (Now, Keanu one of THEEEEEE best humans on Earth, JLo is not that, so I just meant from an acting/Oscar viewpoint)
Excellent post, unsurprisingly. Your film knowledge is legendary. I would be content to know two-thirds of what you know when it comes to film.

And you’ve got sound reasoning as well. You are in an inspiration.

Whenever people say they don't "get" shakespeare I always show them James Earl Jones, Othello monologue.

Shakespeare is still the ultimate actor's medium. even if you don't get all the language, you 100% grasp the emotion journey of the monologue when it's being delivered by a great actor.

RIP

IMG_5136.jpeg

Legend, the Sandlot was the first thing I knew him from, then Lion King. Didn’t know until later he was Vader. And watched Field of Dreams for the first time in the past year.

RIP to James Earl Jones. Guy has so many memorable roles and I was introduced to him from the Sandlot and Field of Dreams. Listening to that monologue from Field of Dreams gave me goosebumps.

Excellent post, unsurprisingly. Your film knowledge is legendary. I would be content to know two-thirds of what you know when it comes to film.

And you’ve got sound reasoning as well. You are in an inspiration.
Wait, let's not get carried away, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom