Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

If you liked Rainbow Brite you will love this film I watched 100+ times as a kid.
It was my second choice to list but I could not find it streaming anywhere prominent for Free just ROKU/TUBi so I wanted to list something that could be found much easier.

This film is absolute Flames.

I have a really vague recollection of this movie. Was there a part where kids started acting aggressive towards one another or some ****? Or am I thinking of something completely different?

I have a really vague recollection of this movie. Was there a part where kids started acting aggressive towards one another or some ****? Or am I thinking of something completely different?
NO that is the one.
I haven't seen it in over 30 years myself.
Perfect time for a rewatch, it's only like 65min long

Great topic!!! I’ve got a couple

1. Airborn 6.3/10
IMG_5183.jpeg

Seth green, Jack black and some unknowns
Plus one for Airborne. It would come up randomly on TV and I used to think it was a more badass version of Disney's Brink

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

MV5BMDM0ZWRjZDgtZWI0MS00ZTIzLTg4MWYtZjU5MDEyMDU0ODBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

My older sister and I used to rent movies at Blockbuster a couple of times a month. She had grabbed this one and 11 year old me could not be less interested. "Trust me, it's about revenge" I immediately ran it back for a repeat viewing. It's become a yearly watch since then. SO SO good.

and yeah the ending is different from the book but I actually prefer it.

My 2 are:

I didn’t own it but I rented this a lot as a kid. IIRC a kid finds a portal in a sewer to an alternative world with martial art fighting kangaroos.
1725991981175.jpeg

This was a VHS tape I had growing up. There was 2 Disney animated shorts from the 1940 that equaled about a little over an hour. I don’t remember the other short but this one right here was 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
1725992331786.jpeg

Last edited:
If you liked Rainbow Brite you will love this film I watched 100+ times as a kid.
It was my second choice to list but I could not find it streaming anywhere prominent for Free just ROKU/TUBi so I wanted to list something that could be found much easier.

This film is absolute Flames.

Care Bears movie is awesome. I too watched it on repeat when I was little. Did they make a second one too? All I remember is that evil book scared the absolute crap outta me
Plus one for Airborne. It would come up randomly on TV and I used to think it was a more badass version of Disney's Brink

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

MV5BMDM0ZWRjZDgtZWI0MS00ZTIzLTg4MWYtZjU5MDEyMDU0ODBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

My older sister and I used to rent movies at Blockbuster a couple of times a month. She had grabbed this one and 11 year old me could not be less interested. "Trust me, it's about revenge" I immediately ran it back for a repeat viewing. It's become a yearly watch since then. SO SO good.

and yeah the ending is different from the book but I actually prefer it.

CoMC is 7.9/8 for me. One of the best revenge films ever! My second favorite Guy Pierce movie.

Fun fact: Guy Pierce was filming Monte Cristo, Memento, and Time Machine all in the same year and almost retired from acting because the process was so grueling

3. Krull 6.1/10
IMG_5185.jpeg
:nthat:

The medieval/sci-fi/fantasy/swords genre was pretty hot in the early 80s and me and my little brothers watched a bunch of those flicks many times:

Krull

The Beastmaster

The Sword and the Sorcerer

Dragonslayer

Conan The Barbarian

To name a few.

And then we would do a lot of play sword fighting amongst ourselves, which would result in a lot minor injuries and broken toy swords, etc. (or whatever else we could find to use for that purpose) :lol: Good times :D

:nthat:

The medieval/sci-fi/fantasy/swords genre was pretty hot in the early 80s and me and my little brothers watched a bunch of those flicks many times:

Krull

The Beastmaster

The Sword and the Sorcerer

Dragonslayer

Conan The Barbarian

To name a few.

And then we would do a lot of play sword fighting amongst ourselves, which would result in a lot minor injuries and broken toy swords, etc. (or whatever else we could find to use for that purpose) :lol: Good times :D

BEASTMASTER!!! Yeah that was a great era for sure. Masters of the universe, Highlander. Willow was flames too. Madmartigan one of the greatest anti-villains of all time!!!

BEASTMASTER!!! Yeah that was a great era for sure. Masters of the universe, Highlander. Willow was flames too. Madmartigan one of the greatest anti-villains of all time!!!
People crap on Legend with Tom Cruise, which is also from around that era and within that genre, but I liked that one too!

Oh dude, Legend. You KNOW this! Ridley Scott brought the heat. There’s a cut of that film that is Lord of the Rings level good(can’t tell me NOTHIN!) it’s the directors cut or the extended cut or something. But it’s one of my favs. Visuals are insane

Oh dude, Legend. You KNOW this! Ridley Scott brought the heat. There’s a cut of that film that is Lord of the Rings level good(can’t tell me NOTHIN!) it’s the directors cut or the extended cut or something. But it’s one of my favs. Visuals are insane
I just learned about the Director’s cut of Legend on IMDB (forgive me if you mentioned it in here before).

IMG_0343.png
IMG_0344.png
IMG_0345.png

I have to see the 2002 version now.

calibeebee calibeebee

I found Rainbow Brite Star Stealer for 2.99 on FANDANGO but I’m going to hold out a bit longer.

I Noticed tikTOK is tikTocking about The Deliverance on NETFLIX. Man when tikTOK gets on that, man never mind. I’m just going to watch the Film.

darthska darthska can you add this to your Movie list this week. After another short spell of life since we last engaged about Demons and **** like that, I’d be curious to see what your thoughts are on this. Maybe I should have waited until after I watched the film but I went ahead and fell in that tikTOK Hole in the middle of this list and man….people are so funny

I’d pay money for your reaction to this, respectfully.

darthska darthska can you add this to your Movie list this week. After another short spell of life since we last engaged about Demons and **** like that, I’d be curious to see what your thoughts are on this. Maybe I should have waited until after I watched the film but I went ahead and fell in that tikTOK Hole in the middle of this list and man….people are so funny

I’d pay money for your reaction to this, respectfully.

Is it a demon movie?

I just finished watching Deliverance, and while it started off well, it eventually turned into a Tubi production. I’m not even upset—it just became both cringe and unintentionally comical at the same time.

What things? I haven't seen it. 😂
Well you don’t believe in demons so you wouldn’t call them that but to those who believe, yes they are Demons. You called it something else. I’ve been looking for that conversation about it, but I’m having trouble locating it.

Back
Top Bottom