Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Great topic!!! I’ve got a couple

1. Airborn 6.3/10
IMG_5183.jpeg

Seth green, Jack black and some unknowns

2. Arcade 4.6/10
IMG_5184.jpeg

Complete coincidence that this cheesy horror film ALSO stars Seth Green
IMG_5181.jpeg

3. Krull 6.1/10
IMG_5185.jpeg

Very early Liam Neeson role

4. Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer 6.8/10
IMG_5186.jpeg

Don’t judge me on this one, but it’s absolute FLAMES. Has never been on streaming services, and the dvds are mad expensive. But I watched it like fifty-leven times as a kid.

5. Nothing But Trouble 5.1/10
IMG_5187.jpeg

This movie is a fever dream. Chevy Chase, John Candy, Demi Moore. Guest appearance from Tupac :rofl:
Airborne is amazing

“What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, an eating machine. It’s really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks, and that’s all”

1726023631750.gif

Well you don’t believe in demons so you wouldn’t call them that
You're making this too complicated, my friend. 😂
I don't believe in superheroes, but my son and I are both huge fans of the MCU superhero franchise MCU.
If it's a demon movie, it's a demon movie.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're making this too complicated, my friend. 😂
I don't believe in superheroes, but my son and I are both huge fans of the MCU superhero franchise MCU.
If it's a demon movie, it's a demon movie.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Are they real, though?

Absolutely not. Neither are goblins, orcs, oompa-loompas, or Flurkens, but I still call them that.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay good, I was hoping I wasn’t misremembering. That’s why I didn’t acknowledge it being a DEMON movie in that exchange. In the time since our last conversation when I learned of your extended education outside of HS your Man has been remaining pretty open minded in that subject for a couple of reasons 1. Your convictions they do NOT exist and 2. Just further life experience and information intake on my part

I will say that since that exchange I have been a bit sold on the lack of but recently, I’m back to my original stance of the existence and this film in story reminds me why.
**** man, I think I will find a thread on this subject or start one if I can’t find it.
I could talk about this in depth for days if I’m getting information opposite of what I personally feel.

darthska darthska

Well, will you watch it and, “react”🤨)(It has Academy Award winning MONIQUE from your favorite film and she cooks, though a different actress plays the role Monique played in PRECIOUS and does well MONIQUE was in her bag.
Ultimately it’s a well put together film content aside, and a bit too REAL-and a surprisingly good ending, the character at the end compared to the beginning it something I think you’d enjoy and I don’t think it’s too heavy for your son if you want to include him-he’s at that age the kids in the film are and smart enough to have and give his own opinion on it.

Fall Guy was a fun watch, but I can see why it didn't hit big at the box office.

Seemed like they were going for campy, but it at points the silliness feels a bit much. Very self-aware and Hollywood in-jokey too. Which is fine, but I just don't think it all clicked in the movie they way the filmmakers were hoping it would.

But Gosling and Blunt are both good, with excellent chemistry and the action scenes are done well, so overall enjoyable film.

4.85/8

Last edited:
lawdog1 lawdog1 after your medieval/fantasy/swords genre talk, I think I’m gonna do that for October viewings instead of spooky films. I think I can find 30 80’s-90’s flicks, I’m sure there’s tons I’ve never seen.

30 days of Halloween is fun but I do that every year :lol:

True story - I was still kind of a wuss with scary movies - particularly demonic possession movies - at the time Exorcist III came out. However, not wanting anyone to know that, I agreed to go see E3 in the theater with some friends.

I must have “got up to pee” like 8 times during the movie and got made fun of for it pretty badly for a few years after. :lol:

:frown:

Going to see Beetlejuice 2 tonight myself. Watched the first this past weekend for first time in over 20 years and still enjoyed it. Didn't mind the campiness and dated green screen effects. Also laughed so hard towards the end when the toy truck did it's jump and hit his leg.

Back
Top Bottom