Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Not many hits, but still solid in addition to Spider-Man. Some of these folks have lost perspective, ie:

Screenshot 2024-09-12 111948.png

Nice. I feel that as technology continues to improve, we now have better opportunities to rightfully transfer King’s work onto the screen. One such reason being with special effects being more sophisticated, thus being able to showcase the supernatural aspect prominent in much of his material.

Agreed. Like if Dreamcatcher would have just waited 20 or so years, it coulda been a blockbuster :frown:

Yeah, modern tech isn’t always the answer.

For example, I wasn’t alive for the original Salem’s Lot (which I love). But everyone I speak to mentions how creepy those window scenes were at the time - and they still hold their fear factor today.

I don’t think there is any amount of CGI that will recreate that feeling.

“This is not a boat accident. It wasn’t any propeller…it wasn’t any coral reef…and it wasn’t Jack the Ripper…”

1726245642678.gif

Yeah, modern tech isn’t always the answer.

For example, I wasn’t alive for the original Salem’s Lot (which I love). But everyone I speak to mentions how creepy those window scenes were at the time - and they still hold their fear factor today.

I don’t think there is any amount of CGI that will recreate that feeling.
well back then, the 70s and 80s, lots of movies use practical effects. the abundance of B-movies in the 70s and 80s was also amazing. the quality alone of the effects is worth the price of admission, some story plots were also entertaining, even if some of them are ridiculous but still scare the hell out of people. some people might not know but Evil Dead is a B movie.

Attachments

• evil dead.gif
    evil dead.gif
    879.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed Beetlejuice Beetlejuice as it was cool bringing back so many of the original characters along with good additions of Ortega and Dafoe. Didn't really feel Bellucci's role was needed but I get Burton wanted to hook up his gf with a role. The mix of old and new effects was done well, also really enjoyed Keaton's humor and O'Hara delivered in her parts too. I know I'll be watching this again closer to Halloween and to catch all the easter eggs I may have missed on first go round.

Solid 6/8.

I thoroughly enjoyed Beetlejuice Beetlejuice as it was cool bringing back so many of the original characters along with good additions of Ortega and Dafoe. Didn't really feel Bellucci's role was needed but I get Burton wanted to hook up his gf with a role. The mix of old and new effects was done well, also really enjoyed Keaton's humor and O'Hara delivered in her parts too. I know I'll be watching this again closer to Halloween and to catch all the easter eggs I may have missed on first go round.

Solid 6/8.
I thought Bellucci was also unneeded

Back
Top Bottom