Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The nipples on the Batman and Robin suits, mostly.
IMG_5552.jpeg

Do tell. What reasons?
Jpz summed it up perfectly, but if you watch the film, it starts up rather promising. The Bat and his sidekick receive a call from Commissioner Gordon about a new villain in town. “He’s calling himself: Mr. Freeze, says Gordon.” Ok, cool.

Unfortunately the film fails to maintain its momentum as the film progresses. The film suffers in ways that the other Batman films before it did not suffer.

I’ll try not to disrespect it because I like the people involved in the making of the film. Arnold is undeniably charismatic, Uma is fire as always, and Clooney did well enough with the material he had to work with. Not his fault.

Screenshot_20240909_075314_Samsung Internet.jpg

Triangle of Sadness
It's a Wonderful Life
Holiday Inn
Beetlejuice

Screenshot_20240909_074928_Samsung Internet.jpg

La Haine
Barry London
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Paris, Texas

Screenshot_20240909_075041_Samsung Internet.jpg

Matewan
Au Revoir les Enfants
Lost in America
Modern Romance
After Life

Screenshot_20240909_075107_Samsung Internet.jpg

Blue Velvet
Purple Moon
Apocalypse Now
The Jerk
Quoted this for myself to come back to.
Knocking these out whenever possible.

Triangle of Sadness
It's a Wonderful Life
Holiday Inn
Beetlejuice

La Haine
Barry London
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Paris, Texas

Winona's can't count self:
Matewan
Au Revoir les Enfants
Lost in America
Modern Romance
After Life

Blue Velvet
Purple Moon
Apocalypse Now
The Jerk

calibeebee calibeebee Just to provide further context into what is being shown here.

This scene is from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. The frogs are being rescued by the students from being experimented on as part of a class assignment.

It is intended to be a happy moment for the frogs 🐸

I don’t want you to think the frogs were harmed or something :frown:

I don’t remember that part. It’s weird, ET is one of those movies that was so beloved for me that I’ve never wanted to revisit it. Like, I know how good it is and that’s all I need. Doesn’t happen with me often. Usually if I like a film I’ll watch it at least a dozen times.

Thank you for the clarification. I thought it was from some horror movie like Carrie or something.

I’m biased because I’m close personal friends with Jon Greis but Uncle Rico is one of best supporting characters in all of movies.

I’m biased because I’m close personal friends with Jon Greis but Uncle Rico is one of best supporting characters in all of movies.

Uncle Rico def an all timer. Just watched The Rundown last night and I forgot dude is in that as a bad guy :lol:

That’s the amazing thing about him. Been a character actor since the 80s, but has a knack for showing up in things that blow up and become beloved.

Did you know he’s in Taken?

I had no idea! Only other thing I remember him from is Real Genius

I had no idea! Only other thing I remember him from is Real Genius
Yeah, he’s one of Liam Neeson’s ex-military buddies in the Taken movies.

He also has recurring roles in Martin and Lost TV shows, now in The White Lotus.

Appears in Seinfeld in a couple of different episodes as a homeless guy.

Tons of stuff like that.

If you’re looking for a good time to watch IT, be it the 1990 miniseries, or the 2017 film and/or Chapter 2, now is a good time.

Reason being? On this exact day 38 years ago, the book was published.

1726413947256.gif

IT really is such a fascinating story. One where it can be discussed for hours on end

Wikipedia does a fine job summarizing it, thematically:

“the power of memory, childhood trauma and its recurrent echoes in adulthood, the malevolence lurking beneath the idyllic facade of the American small town, and overcoming evil through mutual trust and sacrifice.”

Back
Top Bottom