Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Any of yall big movie collectors? Snow White and Fantasia bout to go back in the vault... Considering buying a copy of each to stash and sell later.

My wife was just mentioning to me this weekend that Pinochio or something of the ilk was going into the vault as well and she was thinkin of pickin it up.   I don't own a single disney film, but she owns damn near all of them, if that makes sense.  I don't consider her films mine, and she doesn't count my stuff as hers.  If we were combined like that, our collection would be. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
  I dunno if that's weird or not, but it's not like we both go and buy the same films or anything.  She merely buys her crappy chick flicks or whatever, and I buy all the cool stuff. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

So she might be getting some of that stuff, but I've never really gotten into buying up the Disney cartoons and what not.  Never really got into those honestly even thought I know they are classics and all that.  Same with all the new stuff, Monster's Inc, Shrek, Dispicable Me, all good movies and what not, but nothing I would cop at 25 bucks a piece or anything.  *shrugs* 

I've never understood the fascination that some people have with collecting Disney movies but Fantasia is pretty awesome.

I've never understood the fascination that some people have with collecting Disney movies but Fantasia is pretty awesome.

Kevin Cleveland wrote:

Give me more detailed information, CP. I need a gauge on how I did.
laugh.gif

Your #1, only had 2 other mentions total after yours. 
Your #2 however, I think would have been 4th overall.   

So really, you pretty much nailed 4 out of the 5, just not sure why no one else went with your #1. 

Kevin Cleveland wrote:

Give me more detailed information, CP. I need a gauge on how I did.
laugh.gif

Your #1, only had 2 other mentions total after yours. 
Your #2 however, I think would have been 4th overall.   

So really, you pretty much nailed 4 out of the 5, just not sure why no one else went with your #1. 

If you're paying $25 for a movie, you're doing it wrong CP...
laugh.gif
I haven't paid more than like 15 bucks for any of my BDs...

And I don't generally get down with Disney stuff, I owe a few but not a ton... But people will pay a TON for them once they've been in the vault awhile.

laugh.gif

And I don't generally get down with Disney stuff, I owe a few but not a ton... But people will pay a TON for them once they've been in the vault awhile.

laugh.gif

Pretty much. Though I think I may have paid retail price for The Dark Knight... pretty sure I did.

laugh.gif

Pretty much. Though I think I may have paid retail price for The Dark Knight... pretty sure I did.

Especially if your wife is into all the Disney stuff, they put out coupons and Amazon does specials on Disney movies all the time... I bought Bambi, Pinocchio and Beauty and the Beast on Amazon last week for less than 30 bucks because they price matched Best Buy then gave $20 off if you bought three together.

Especially if your wife is into all the Disney stuff, they put out coupons and Amazon does specials on Disney movies all the time... I bought Bambi, Pinocchio and Beauty and the Beast on Amazon last week for less than 30 bucks because they price matched Best Buy then gave $20 off if you bought three together.

I don't pay 25, but the Disney's that I have seen hover near there. Right now I'm about 62-63 Blu rays at around $800, so around $13 per disk so far. The Town is the only one I've paid 25 for.
pimp.gif

I don't pay 25, but the Disney's that I have seen hover near there. Right now I'm about 62-63 Blu rays at around $800, so around $13 per disk so far. The Town is the only one I've paid 25 for.
pimp.gif

Pinocchio? Was it 19?

Crap, I wanted the 20 dollar off, and settled for Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and Bambi.

Was about 28 shipped.

www.dvdtalk.com forums has any and every deal you'll ever need, and pretty much people to tell you whether it's a good deal or not.

The only blu's I've picked up that were around retail were imports. Can't think of any blu's I paid 20 bucks for, at least not recently. Most expensive was probably 35 bucks for Battle Royale.

Pinocchio? Was it 19?

Crap, I wanted the 20 dollar off, and settled for Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and Bambi.

Was about 28 shipped.

www.dvdtalk.com forums has any and every deal you'll ever need, and pretty much people to tell you whether it's a good deal or not.

The only blu's I've picked up that were around retail were imports. Can't think of any blu's I paid 20 bucks for, at least not recently. Most expensive was probably 35 bucks for Battle Royale.

Back
Top Bottom