Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Had no idea who Bane was.

Read up a little bit. Raised in prison, went through a bunch of experiments, BROKE BATMAN'S BACK?!
eek.gif
I just finished reading the "Knightfall" series of comics which is Bane's big Batman storyline... He's awesome... I bet Nolan kills this one.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Had no idea who Bane was.

Read up a little bit. Raised in prison, went through a bunch of experiments, BROKE BATMAN'S BACK?!
eek.gif
I just finished reading the "Knightfall" series of comics which is Bane's big Batman storyline... He's awesome... I bet Nolan kills this one.

Prime has told me many times that if they did a prequel on Bane alone and then brought him into The Dark Knight Rises, Hardy would win an oscar for the role. 

I have a feeling that this movie is going to DECIMATE. 
pimp.gif

Other movies prolly don't wanna come out within one month of TDKR. 
laugh.gif

Prime has told me many times that if they did a prequel on Bane alone and then brought him into The Dark Knight Rises, Hardy would win an oscar for the role. 

I have a feeling that this movie is going to DECIMATE. 
pimp.gif

Other movies prolly don't wanna come out within one month of TDKR. 
laugh.gif

Hardy is going to be awesome and Nolan is going to know exactly what to do with this character...

Would be awesome if they had a 4th planned and could go with the story about Bane breaking Batman's back... Would be a MAMMOTH finale.

Hardy is going to be awesome and Nolan is going to know exactly what to do with this character...

Would be awesome if they had a 4th planned and could go with the story about Bane breaking Batman's back... Would be a MAMMOTH finale.

I've been told stories of some epic battle between Batman and Superman in which Super gives bat some ring, and has him beat the @#$% out of him because he's being turned evil or something.  Couple comic fans I know talk about that story all the time, and that if it was done on the big screen, the world would end happily or some nonsense. 
laugh.gif

When I heard Nolan taking over Superman, this was the very first story that came to my mind. 

I wonder why Nolan is stopping at 3.  Is he George Lucas Jr or something?  If you're doin it real big, and people are clamoring for your product, then keep doing it.  There's enough material, he could go past 3 and not lose the audience.  I don't want to hate Nolan someday like I despise Lucas. 
sick.gif
  I ever meet Luc and it's a swift kick in the nuts for him, just like when i watched Phantom Menance and found out Darth Vader on screen was gonna be a little boy. 
indifferent.gif
  I shoulda had 3 movies of Vader @#$%^& dudes up as a hobby God damn it. 

The first photo of Anne from the movie might break the internet.  I'm bein serious. 
laugh.gif
devil.gif

I've been told stories of some epic battle between Batman and Superman in which Super gives bat some ring, and has him beat the @#$% out of him because he's being turned evil or something.  Couple comic fans I know talk about that story all the time, and that if it was done on the big screen, the world would end happily or some nonsense. 
laugh.gif

When I heard Nolan taking over Superman, this was the very first story that came to my mind. 

I wonder why Nolan is stopping at 3.  Is he George Lucas Jr or something?  If you're doin it real big, and people are clamoring for your product, then keep doing it.  There's enough material, he could go past 3 and not lose the audience.  I don't want to hate Nolan someday like I despise Lucas. 
sick.gif
  I ever meet Luc and it's a swift kick in the nuts for him, just like when i watched Phantom Menance and found out Darth Vader on screen was gonna be a little boy. 
indifferent.gif

The first photo of Anne from the movie might break the internet.  I'm bein serious. 
laugh.gif
devil.gif

We may not even see her as Catwoman for more than 10 seconds though.  She's merely Selina as far as we know for sure.  Nolan may choose to keep her that way until the end.  He hasn't said for sure that she would be "catwoman"  Unless I missed seein a story/comment. 
But she'll be fine.  She can act and she wouldn't have to do much physical work anyways.  She's a solid choice.  And really, if not her, who would you have liked to have seen?

We may not even see her as Catwoman for more than 10 seconds though.  She's merely Selina as far as we know for sure.  Nolan may choose to keep her that way until the end.  He hasn't said for sure that she would be "catwoman"  Unless I missed seein a story/comment. 
But she'll be fine.  She can act and she wouldn't have to do much physical work anyways.  She's a solid choice.  And really, if not her, who would you have liked to have seen?

I didn't realize you guys talked about non Sports-movies....... I will be a regular in here eventually when I come back to the states in a few weeks
ohwell.gif
I leave tmrw night
frown.gif

I didn't realize you guys talked about non Sports-movies....... I will be a regular in here eventually when I come back to the states in a few weeks
ohwell.gif
I leave tmrw night
frown.gif

Batman has so many cool villains with recurring storylines that they could go on for awhile without running out of material. Would love if Nolan made a career out of it, but nobody wants to stay tied to one thing for that long in film.

It's part of the reason I'm intrigued by the Dark Tower series... Three movies and a TV series? Yikes.

Batman has so many cool villains with recurring storylines that they could go on for awhile without running out of material. Would love if Nolan made a career out of it, but nobody wants to stay tied to one thing for that long in film.

It's part of the reason I'm intrigued by the Dark Tower series... Three movies and a TV series? Yikes.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

sick.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
devil.gif

the one i read was in the dark knight returns. possibly the best batman story ever. It would be perfect for Nolan because it's very dark and realistic. But I don't think the studio would want to do it. 
The Dark Knight Returns tells the story of a middle-aged Batman who comes out of retirement to fight crime, only to face opposition from the Gotham City police force and the United States government.

darknightreturnsbatssupes.jpg

spoilers for the comic below

The Dark Knight Returns is set in a dystopian near-future version of Gotham City. A year is never specified, though it has been a full decade since the last reported sighting of Batman, the current American President appears to be Ronald Reagan or someone using his image, and the Cold War is still ongoing. Virtually all superheroes, with the exception of Superman, have been forced into retirement or otherwise driven away by a distrusting populace. Bruce Wayne has voluntarily retired from crime fighting following the death (under unspecified circumstances[sup][1][/sup]) of Jason Todd, the second Robin. In the absence of superheroes, criminals run amok, and a gang called the Mutants terrorize Gotham City.

The return of an old enemy prompts a now 55-year-old Wayne to don the Batman costume once again. Despite Wayne's funding his rehabilitation, including plastic surgery to restore his half-disfigured face, Harvey "Two-Face" Dent has seemingly returned to crime. Batman apprehends Dent, but the populace debates whether Batman's brand of vigilantism has any place in society. The media plays a large role in DKR, with the narrative broken up by news reports and "talking head" editorials debating events in the story as they unfold.

After Batman saves her from a Mutant attack, 13-year-old Carrie Kelly buys herself a knock-off Robin costume, and searches for Batman to aid him. She finds Batman at the city dump, where he is fighting the Mutants. The Mutants' leader defeats Batman in combat, but Kelly distracts him and pulls Batman into the tank-like Batmobile. Kelly attends to Batman’s wounds as the vehicle drives toward theBatcave. Once home, Batman takes Carrie on as the new Robin despite his butler Alfred's objections. With the help of retiring Commissioner James Gordon, the Mutants' leader is allowed to escape from jail, and Batman beats him in a mud fight in front of the assembled gang, which then disbands as a result of his humiliation. Some former Mutants create a new gang, the "Sons of the Batman," using extremely violent methods (up to and including murder) to "purge" Gotham of its criminal element in what they see as emulation of Batman's methods.

Meanwhile, the return of Batman has caused one of his oldest and deadliest foes, The Joker, to awaken from a years-long catatonicstate at Arkham Asylum. The Joker convinces his psychiatrist, Dr. Bartholomew Wolper, that he is sane and regrets his misdeeds. Seeking to discredit Batman, whom he has crusaded against in the media, Wolper appears with the Joker on a late-night show. While the police, now led by the anti-vigilante Commissioner Ellen Yindel, attack Batman, the Joker murders everyone in the television studio (including Wolper) and escapes. Batman and Robin track the Joker to a county fair, where Batman defeats Joker in a violent showdown. Batman stops short of killing the Joker; however, the Joker finishes the job himself, twisting his own broken neck, with the intent that the police will charge Batman with murder. Batman escapes, but not before another confrontation with the Gotham police, and a citywide manhunt is now on for the Caped Crusader.

After Superman diverts a Russian nuclear warhead which then detonates in a desert, millions of tons of dust and debris fill the atmosphere, and Gotham descends into chaos during the resulting blackout. Batman and Robin train former Mutants and the brutal Sons of the Batman in non-lethal fighting to stop looting and ensure the flow of needed supplies. In the midst ofnuclear winter conditions, Gotham becomes the safest city in America; the U.S. government, seeing this as a credibility-undermining embarrassment, orders Superman to take Batman down. Having been warned of the government's plans by Oliver Queen, the former Green Arrow, Batman confronts Superman. Symbolically, their duel takes place in Crime Alley, where Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered decades earlier. Batman defeats Superman (with the help of Green Arrow and a kryptonite-tipped arrow), but dies from a heart attack immediately afterward. After his funeral, it is revealed that his death was staged as an elaborate ruse; Clark Kent (Superman) attends the funeral and gives Robin a knowing wink after hearing Bruce's heartbeat as he leaves the grave site, suggesting his silent approval of what will happen next. Alfred destroys the Batcave and Wayne Manor and suffers a fatal stroke. Some time afterward, Batman leads Robin, Green Arrow, and the rest of his followers into the caverns beyond the Batcave and prepares to continue his fight. His plan, which will take years of training and studying, is to build an army, and to bring sense to a world plagued by something "worse than thieves and murderers". He decides that this will be a good life — good enough.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the joker part got me the most. Batman broke his neck and the sick !%%* finishes the job himself so batman would be charged with murder. That really seems like what the Joker character would do in that situation

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

sick.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
devil.gif

the one i read was in the dark knight returns. possibly the best batman story ever. It would be perfect for Nolan because it's very dark and realistic. But I don't think the studio would want to do it. 
The Dark Knight Returns tells the story of a middle-aged Batman who comes out of retirement to fight crime, only to face opposition from the Gotham City police force and the United States government.

darknightreturnsbatssupes.jpg

spoilers for the comic below

The Dark Knight Returns is set in a dystopian near-future version of Gotham City. A year is never specified, though it has been a full decade since the last reported sighting of Batman, the current American President appears to be Ronald Reagan or someone using his image, and the Cold War is still ongoing. Virtually all superheroes, with the exception of Superman, have been forced into retirement or otherwise driven away by a distrusting populace. Bruce Wayne has voluntarily retired from crime fighting following the death (under unspecified circumstances[sup][1][/sup]) of Jason Todd, the second Robin. In the absence of superheroes, criminals run amok, and a gang called the Mutants terrorize Gotham City.

The return of an old enemy prompts a now 55-year-old Wayne to don the Batman costume once again. Despite Wayne's funding his rehabilitation, including plastic surgery to restore his half-disfigured face, Harvey "Two-Face" Dent has seemingly returned to crime. Batman apprehends Dent, but the populace debates whether Batman's brand of vigilantism has any place in society. The media plays a large role in DKR, with the narrative broken up by news reports and "talking head" editorials debating events in the story as they unfold.

After Batman saves her from a Mutant attack, 13-year-old Carrie Kelly buys herself a knock-off Robin costume, and searches for Batman to aid him. She finds Batman at the city dump, where he is fighting the Mutants. The Mutants' leader defeats Batman in combat, but Kelly distracts him and pulls Batman into the tank-like Batmobile. Kelly attends to Batman’s wounds as the vehicle drives toward theBatcave. Once home, Batman takes Carrie on as the new Robin despite his butler Alfred's objections. With the help of retiring Commissioner James Gordon, the Mutants' leader is allowed to escape from jail, and Batman beats him in a mud fight in front of the assembled gang, which then disbands as a result of his humiliation. Some former Mutants create a new gang, the "Sons of the Batman," using extremely violent methods (up to and including murder) to "purge" Gotham of its criminal element in what they see as emulation of Batman's methods.

Meanwhile, the return of Batman has caused one of his oldest and deadliest foes, The Joker, to awaken from a years-long catatonicstate at Arkham Asylum. The Joker convinces his psychiatrist, Dr. Bartholomew Wolper, that he is sane and regrets his misdeeds. Seeking to discredit Batman, whom he has crusaded against in the media, Wolper appears with the Joker on a late-night show. While the police, now led by the anti-vigilante Commissioner Ellen Yindel, attack Batman, the Joker murders everyone in the television studio (including Wolper) and escapes. Batman and Robin track the Joker to a county fair, where Batman defeats Joker in a violent showdown. Batman stops short of killing the Joker; however, the Joker finishes the job himself, twisting his own broken neck, with the intent that the police will charge Batman with murder. Batman escapes, but not before another confrontation with the Gotham police, and a citywide manhunt is now on for the Caped Crusader.

After Superman diverts a Russian nuclear warhead which then detonates in a desert, millions of tons of dust and debris fill the atmosphere, and Gotham descends into chaos during the resulting blackout. Batman and Robin train former Mutants and the brutal Sons of the Batman in non-lethal fighting to stop looting and ensure the flow of needed supplies. In the midst ofnuclear winter conditions, Gotham becomes the safest city in America; the U.S. government, seeing this as a credibility-undermining embarrassment, orders Superman to take Batman down. Having been warned of the government's plans by Oliver Queen, the former Green Arrow, Batman confronts Superman. Symbolically, their duel takes place in Crime Alley, where Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered decades earlier. Batman defeats Superman (with the help of Green Arrow and a kryptonite-tipped arrow), but dies from a heart attack immediately afterward. After his funeral, it is revealed that his death was staged as an elaborate ruse; Clark Kent (Superman) attends the funeral and gives Robin a knowing wink after hearing Bruce's heartbeat as he leaves the grave site, suggesting his silent approval of what will happen next. Alfred destroys the Batcave and Wayne Manor and suffers a fatal stroke. Some time afterward, Batman leads Robin, Green Arrow, and the rest of his followers into the caverns beyond the Batcave and prepares to continue his fight. His plan, which will take years of training and studying, is to build an army, and to bring sense to a world plagued by something "worse than thieves and murderers". He decides that this will be a good life — good enough.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the joker part got me the most. Batman broke his neck and the sick !%%* finishes the job himself so batman would be charged with murder. That really seems like what the Joker character would do in that situation

Gosh damn, that would be SICK on screen. 
eek.gif

Damn, between the two franchises, Nolan could get one out every other year.  2012 Batman, 2013 Superman, 2014, Batman, 2015 Super, etc etc etc.  That would be fantastic.  My Blu Ray collection would love that @#$% 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wonder what the studio losers are going to do with the whole reboot thing following TDKR.  Obviously they can go another route, totally different stories/worlds they can go with, but it's going to be very hard.  The Nolan trilogy is going to trump all for a long time.  Hell I don't even recognize the og 4 anymore.  Those are like made for TV movies to me now. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

After reading what the ending is I think people will be piiiiiiised
Stephen King has serious  issues with ending his books. IT was one of the best books I ever read. But i can't lie the ending was 
ohwell.gif

Gosh damn, that would be SICK on screen. 
eek.gif

Damn, between the two franchises, Nolan could get one out every other year.  2012 Batman, 2013 Superman, 2014, Batman, 2015 Super, etc etc etc.  That would be fantastic.  My Blu Ray collection would love that @#$% 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wonder what the studio losers are going to do with the whole reboot thing following TDKR.  Obviously they can go another route, totally different stories/worlds they can go with, but it's going to be very hard.  The Nolan trilogy is going to trump all for a long time.  Hell I don't even recognize the og 4 anymore.  Those are like made for TV movies to me now. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Stephen King has serious  issues with ending his books. IT was one of the best books I ever read. But i can't lie the ending was 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

ohwell.gif
I've got all the books on deck waiting to be read... I've been told it was almost like he spent his entire life building this thing up, and then rushed in the last book like his life was coming to an abrupt end... We'll see. Still gonna give it a run.

Prime...
pimp.gif
This storyline is SICK. Should be a 2-parter, I think. Will be interested to see what Nolan leaves out.

Back
Top Bottom