Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Voice and sound wise this is pretty far from Tyrese lane. He can sing but I dunno if he can put the appropriate rudeness and raspy effect on his voice

Ty's voice should handle this well, hit Jamie Foxx up on twitter and ask about impersonations. I believe he killed a dedication when Teddy first passed on B.E.T. in 2010. Hopefully his acting is on point too.

Cant believe Rambo 5 is coming out this year .
SilkyAffectionateAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-small.gif

1212image.png

Ty's voice should handle this well, hit Jamie Foxx up on twitter and ask about impersonations. I believe he killed a dedication when Teddy first passed on B.E.T. in 2010. Hopefully his acting is on point too.
Just watched it. It was a good Tyrese performance.

Teddy had that maturity grown man base to his voice.

Jamie is an excellent impersonator. He got his comedic and acting chops off of that. Obviously hes far more talented than Tyrese.

Who here is going to subscribe to Disney+ when it launches later this year?

I would think the subscriber fee will start low like $7.99 or something so they get people into and familiar with their product and library, and then rise annually or every couple year.

Warner Bros Wants Repeat Of Tom Cruise-Emily Blunt Sci-Fi Hit ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’

edge_of_tomorrow__140601181710.jpg

Warner Bros

https://deadline.com/2019/03/tom-cr...ence-fiction-all-you-need-is-kill-1202567549/

EXCLUSIVE: Taking seriously the film’s one-sheet catch phrase Live Die Repeat,Warner Bros is developing a sequel to the crowd pleasing summer 2014 hit Edge Of Tomorrow. Matthew Robinson (The Invention Of Lying) pitched a take and has been brought on to write the sequel. The intention is to bring back director Doug Liman and stars Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt, who played warriors fighting vicious alien invaders in Europe.

Warner Bros

Cruise’s character, a public relations officer with no training, is brought to the front and finds himself caught in a time loop that resurrects him each time he is killed by the aliens. He is mentored by a tough Special Forces soldier (Blunt) who teaches him the necessary fighting skills, and learn from his previous frequent deaths until he is able to start winning. Based on the Hiroshi Sakurazaka Japanese graphic novel All You Need Is Kill, the original grossed over $370 million worldwide for Warner Bros and its co-financing partner Village Roadshow Pictures. It received a 90% approval rating on the critical consensus site rottentomatoes.com.

The film will be produced by Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally, and Masi Oka, with Hisashi Sasaki exec producing. The stars won’t make deals until they see a script to their liking, but they are all in the loop and Liman will develop it with the writer. The studio has been toying with a sequel for several years and back in 2016 set the writers Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse. It stalled but there are high hopes now with Robinson’s new take.

While I always thought the film wasn’t helped by its generic-sounding title — All You Need Is Kill and Live Die Repeat were the other titles considered — Edge of Tomorrow was an underrated gem, the kind that bears repeating.

Robinson’s repped by ICM Partners and 3 Arts.

Anyone seen Apostle?

It's on Netflix. Thinking about watching that tonight.

Watched it on Monday. Pretty bad horror movie. Worth a watch if you need a bland popcorn flick. It wasn’t anywhere near as good as the Netflix original The Ritual.

Speaking of horror movies. I just watched Overlord. Didn’t know anything about it other than it was a horror movie. Had no idea it was set in WWII Germany. Pretty decent film. Had me entertained throughout.

i usually avoid re-do's but this is one of my favorites movies of all time, I wish it was just a movie remake and not the musical though

I would think the subscriber fee will start low like $7.99 or something so they get people into and familiar with their product and library, and then rise annually or every couple year.

How much content are they going to be offering?

I will subscribe if they include some of the lower profile stuff like Escape to Witch Mountain or Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Rebecca Hall to Star in Matt Reeves’ ‘Tales From the Loop’ on Amazon

Rebecca-Hall-Marvel-Iron-Man-3-.jpg

https://www.thewrap.com/rebecca-hall-to-star-in-matt-reeves-tales-from-the-loop-on-amazon/

Rebecca Hall will star in Amazon’s “Tales from the Loop,” an hour-long science-fiction series executive produced by “War for Planet of the Apes” director Matt Reeves.

Hall will play Loretta, a gifted physicist.

The genre series is based on the famous artwork of Simon Stålenhag. A co-production with Fox 21 Television Studios, the eight-episode series will be helmed by executive producer Nathaniel Halpern, with Mark Romanek directing the pilot episode.

“Tales from the Loop” explores the town and people who live above “The Loop,” a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe — making things possible that were previously relegated only to science fiction. In this fantastical, mysterious town, poignant human tales are told that bare universal emotional experiences while drawing on the intrigue of genre storytelling.

Reeves will executive produce “Tales from the Loop” under his Sixth & Idaho company with Adam Kassan and Rafi Crohn also on board as executive producers. Reeves is set to direct Warner Bros.’ upcoming “The Batman” film, which will see a new actor play the Dark Knight.

Hall is known for her roles in “Vicky Christina Barcelona,” “The Town” and “Iron Man 3” and “Professor Marston and the Wonder Women.” She’ll appear in this spring’s “Teen Spirit” opposite Elle Fanning, and will part of the cast for Warner Bros.’ Godzilla-King Kong crossover “Godzilla vs. Kong,” which is out next year.

How much content are they going to be offering?

I will subscribe if they include some of the lower profile stuff like Escape to Witch Mountain or Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Haven’t seen the news on that, if there has been. I’d assume they’d have all their animated and original Disney movies from Lion King to Remember The Titans. Dunno how deep it’ll truly go but it should include everything like an HBO library would include every original show they’ve ever done?

As long they launch with The Mandalorian and keep a good rotation of originals series after that, I will be in.

Movies won’t really be a draw for me, I own most of their backlog in digital already and newer ones I will prefer to buy separately in 4K.

I'm buying the Disney + app for access to their marvel content

Marvel Studios will be producing shows for the app

I pretty much agree with Speilberg on this one. I think movies made for streaming format should be exluded from Best Picture Oscars category. Needs its own separate category from films made for the big screen. Great read though. Learned a lot of random things. Like how Netflix spent way more on Oscars marketing this year than anyone else.

https://news.avclub.com/steven-spielberg-is-gunning-to-make-sure-netflix-never-1833005033/amp
Yeah after reading that I'm leaning towards Spielberg view on this.

If Netflix want their movies to be considered by the Oscars they should operate and have official theatrical releases. The movies should be made to be seen that way on the initial run.

Back
Top Bottom