Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

4th Pick
Crime

66f2a146439415.585403f1554e2.jpg

Agreed on the underrated position of Shutter Island. Such a ****ing good movie. Loved it the second I saw it, and really wish Leo got an Oscar for that film. He was incredible.

For my Crime film, I choose: Nightcrawler

MV5BN2U1YzdhYWMtZWUzMi00OWI1LWFkM2ItNWVjM2YxMGQ2MmNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_UY268_CR2...jpg
With my fourth round pick, and my fourth pick from the year 2010....

I'll select one of the more underrated films of the last decade, further, the last two decades.

Shutter Island (Horror/Thriller)

Leo-Poster.jpg

Leo 1.gif

Leo2.gif
Pick 4

vlcsnap-2011-12-10-15h10m46s561.png

WARRIOR (Sports)

Didnt want to do it this early, but Sports is probably the thinnest category for me...two sports movie going at first got me shook :lol:

Ending for this always gets me in my feels
Dope. Crime time. One of the most entertaining, fun, endearing films of the decade. Edgar Wright is a genius.

Baby Driver
Crime

Baby-Driver-Banner-e1497801282321.jpg

Aight **** ALL YALL!

Taking my first picks AND MY BACKUPS. DECIMATING MY **** OVER HERE

giphy.gif

Imma make yall wait when its my turn.

It could fit a lot of categories for sure. And I'm certain I'm sacrificing my other top pick of what's left on the board.

They were considering Seth Rogen for a villain role, the article says, but no talks or offers were made. They've moved on from Jonah Hill to others basically.

Cant believe I'm coming back to these picks :smh:

I am thoroughly devastated. One genre got completely wiped out. Another aint even deep and is hanging on by a thread.

Wish I had 3 picks coming up instead of 2. Gonna be Sophie's choice coming soon.

I don't see how Robert Pattinson (Batman) and Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon) are going to have chemistry either, but maybe it's one of those things that is hard to imagine until you see it. :lol:

Cant believe I'm coming back to these picks :smh:

I am thoroughly devastated. One genre got completely wiped out. Another aint even deep and is hanging on by a thread.

Wish I had 3 picks coming up instead of 2. Gonna be Sophie's choice coming soon.

If you take my ****, I'm dragging this thing out till November so i can watch and pick The Irishman :lol:

Went to a Zombieland: Double Tap advanced screening Tuesday night.

The pacing, dialogue, and storyline from the beginning to the time the main characters arrived at The Heartbreak Hotel were all just terrific, after which, the plot and payoffs seemed either far fetched (even for a zombie movie) or similar to the 2009 film.

Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg were—as expected—great in their roles, even manifesting better and more convincing performances than in the original film.

Emma Stone just has outgrown the series to be honest.

Comedy was good throughout, just had a problem with small things, like Babylon inhabitants dropping things on zombies with dead-eye accuracy.

7/8 for the first hour
4/8 for the last 45 minutes

Last edited:
I don't see how Robert Pattinson (Batman) and Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon) are going to have chemistry either, but maybe it's one of those things that is hard to imagine until you see it. :lol:

Let's wait and see.

I remember the uproar over Heath's casting in 07 and he turned out to be (one of) the greatest villains ever portrayed on film.

Looked over some of the old results and you guys were drafting movies from 2000-2010. C CP1708 drafted Inception in the second round and tried to draft it again this time :rofl:

Run it back :nerd:

Looked over some of the old results and you guys were drafting movies from 2000-2010. C CP1708 drafted Inception in the second round and tried to draft it again this time :rofl:

Run it back :nerd:

Yeah, when we did that one I think it was 2010 already, so we technically did 11 years instead of 10.

Kinda why I figured now was the time for 2010-19 so we don't pick any 2020 film's.

Back
Top Bottom