Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

tenor.gif

Bless your heart :lol:

C09CE53B-0089-4988-BCF4-65904B609C6C.gif

:lol: Damn, my fault. I didn't realize y'all were going this deep. I thought this was just a best of the decade kinda thing, just checked the 1st page and saw how in depth this was, whew.

I'll see myself out
No stay.

Mention a few more movies to mess with these guys minds so my picks go under the radar.

Last edited:
Honestly, most Marvel and DC movies of this decade are trash except Infinity War and Endgame. It’s like watching the same movie and tropes over and over again.

And I guess I’m not allowed to mention the one or two others from 2010-2019 that I liked.

But 2008-2009 was pretty strong.

You know it was and I really liked the movie but I honestly didn't have it high on my big board to start.

If it had fell to the next round I probably would've picked it.

Great choice though.

I knew if it got past you I could probably wait one more round to take it, but big j 33 big j 33 taking Fallout messed me up :smh:

Bout to watch zombieland so I didn't want to think about it :lol:

First international movie picked :pimp:
The+raid+2+berandal+anyone+else+looking+forward+to+this_159d47_5073031.gif
The+raid+2+berandal+anyone+else+looking+forward+to+this_159d47_5073031.gif

YOU BETTER PUT SOME MOTHER****ING RESPECT ON THE RAID 2'S NAME AS THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL MOVIE PICKED!

If team mronegative mronegative gets their pick in the next 20 minutes, I’ll have mine. If not, I’m going to bed and y’all gotta wait 14 hours or so lol
That's unlikely given he hasn't been online since 1 in the afternoon :lol:

Last edited:
It’s a movie. He doesn’t have to write it in that way. And since the person isn’t even Tate’s murderer in the movie, there’s really no emotional attachment to it since Tate lives. That whole situation plays out very poorly because it’s so pointless. Maybe if she tried to kill Tate in the movie and Leo and Pitt intervenes I would feel different, but Tate’s life was never in jeopardy.

and my theater was laughing the entire time which is probably a bigger issue to discuss a different day since society has become so desensitized.
I really don't get this argument. They came to kill everyone in the house.

It's a movie. Thats exactly why he wrote it that way.

Its fiction. This over the top violence has been QT's style.
Because the man is a good storyteller who is a talented writer but when he goes to these lengths to be edgy and funny he’s being a cheap lazy ****. Just because she’s a murderer in real life doesn’t mean we have to watch a woman get her head bashed for 5 minutes straight. That **** ain’t cool. And let’s not act like she’s a murderer in the movie. ***** ain’t do **** but that’s another argument for why the ending sucks. Movie was damn good for me up until th e last ten minutes.
At this point in his career I don't think QT is trying to be edgy and funny. It may be as simple as this is what he thinks is funny.

His entire universe of movies contains this sort of over the top unrealistic gore and violence; a guy bleeds out for 2 hours, ridiculous gun shot splatter, blow up a slave plantation as if Michael Bay was involved, lets riddle Hitler with a hundred bullets and then burn down thw theater he's in, lets shoot a guy 16 times for saying what, shoot off a dude's head and ruin the interior of a car, gnarly car accidents cuz you don't wear seatbelts or want to dangle your foot out the window.

When Inglorious Basterds came out, there were articles and theorizing that within that universe given how that was how Hitler died in history and not some suicide that partially explains why the world is so violent and has such a tempered normal reaction to it.

That deserves criticism as well and not an excuse.
It's not an excuse. Its an explanation.

Honestly, most Marvel and DC movies of this decade are trash except Infinity War and Endgame. It’s like watching the same movie and tropes over and over again.

And I guess I’m not allowed to mention the one or two others from 2010-2019 that I liked.

But 2008-2009 was pretty strong.
I mean everybody got an opinion is not it.

TDKR is not it. Probably Nolan's weakest movie, weak end to a trilogy, and overall a weak comicbook movie.

There's most likely 7 to 8 better MCU movies 9 if we go with Marvel overall. The majority of the MCU is in this decade.

Last edited:
It’s all good, we just differ in the thinking on it because Nolan’s weakest movie is still better than nearly all the MCU movies that came out this decade.

It’s all good, we just differ in the thinking on it because Nolan’s weakest movie is still better than nearly all the MCU movies that came out this decade.
This is crazy talk when you look at how much Nolan didnt give a **** with TDKR :lol:

But similarly I feel Nolan has been getting overrated this past decade to the detriment of the movies.

I'm reading the tea leaves, so for 5th pick, in the Comics category...

I choose the most rewatchable, pure cinematic brilliance Marvel has gifted us:

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. I

ezgif-5-2d7cf81dd15e.gif

It isn't easy to create a character audiences love, let alone like 5 of them all at once. And seemlessly.

Heavily light (let it wash over you).

This is the film that changed comic book movies into the era we have now.

6l7p.gif

Great first two episodes of Living With Yourself starring Paul Rudd, just dropped on Netflix today.

There are just 8 episodes, about 24 minutes each.

With the 5th pick in the All decade draft, Team Calibeebee is pleased to select Silver Linings Playbook (2012) from the SPORTS category.

3105F1A1-E004-4CC3-96E5-1D4EE2087587.jpeg

Best Picture Nomination
Oscar award winner for leading actress

We were very excited when this pick fell to the 5th round and expect an immediate impact on our title contending team. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom