Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Darjeeling Limited has gotten better for me on additional watches. Didn’t love it on the first viewing, but I now think it’s awesome.

I feel the exact same way as you. It's no where near Wes best work but I've grown to appreciate it over time. However, I still very much LOVE the short film, "Hotel Chevalier", that's associated with Darjeeling Limited

Motherless Brooklyn 4.9/8 - Had a lot of potential. Really interesting story about Moses and Old New York. The execution wasn't there for me. All-star cast that's under used. Michael K. Williams, Bruce Willis, and Alec Baldwin hardly have any real believable impact. Gentrification during that time (even now) was 1000% more brutal than this portrayal.

Damn. I do wanna see it still.

Always loved Darjeeling although I haven’t seen it since the first time.

The Life Aquatic is the one Wes that I think I have to rewatch. Didn’t really hit with me

I’d give Life Aquatic another shot. Like Darjeeling, it’s not one of Wes’s best movies, but it’s got some good stuff going on. Willem Dafoe’s character is sneaky hilarious. The Portuguese, acoustic guitar David Bowie covers, etc.

His directorial debut was Keeping the Faith (2000)

51pnP2D8vJL.jpg

It went under the radar but it's actually a good film.
Thats weird. People are promoting it as such. I literally just read that it was.

I remember Keeping the Faith. Weird pseudo-polyamory romcom and I think one was a rabbi and the other a preist? It was cool.

Darjeeling Limited has gotten better for me on additional watches. Didn’t love it on the first viewing, but I now think it’s awesome.

Def one of my fav movies of all time. The soundtrack is insane.
It’s also the movie that got me to realize I liked film more than other people. I’m watching it with the bros and I’m touting it as one of the best films I’d ever seen in my life. Im breaking down the color palettes used in the cinematography. Pointing out the complex long panning camera shots. The homies are just looking at me like

81CDE959-6702-420F-B3F2-6DA29238E414.jpeg

it was then that I realized that not everybody watched thousands of movies like me. I just assumed everyone watched movies all the time :lol:

Well, I have received votes from 17 different people. :nthat: It is possible 1-2 others may get back to me, if they do, I will add them accordingly. Here is what we have so far.

Some did Top 5, some did Top 3, some did Top 1, and one person did Top 11, and I just cut that to Top 5. :lol:

I went 5 points for 1st place mention, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, 1 for 5th......

Capture.PNG

Well, I have received votes from 17 different people. :nthat: It is possible 1-2 others may get back to me, if they do, I will add them accordingly. Here is what we have so far.

Some did Top 5, some did Top 3, some did Top 1, and one person did Top 11, and I just cut that to Top 5. :lol:

I went 5 points for 1st place mention, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, 1 for 5th......

Capture.PNG

giphy.gif

Capture.PNG
So one person other than me with some actual taste in this draft.

I am not surprised.

To the foolish and blind:

bgb%2Bmuhammad%2Bali%2Bcrazy%2Blong.gif

giphy.gif

17y6aX.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mjpz2iJKUH1qdm4tlo1_250.gif

source.gif

alfred-hitchcock-rope.gif