Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Doctor Sleep is definitely on my favs list for 2019 films. I didn't want it to end. They found a great balance between horror and thrills, and none of it felt cheap or gimmicky.

Astral projection is such a cool thing to me. I wanna learn how to do it on command.

Yeah, I wish it didn't bomb. Its a real good movie. I was a little apprehensive looking at the run time but once it started I didn't look at the time thinking when is this ending at all. It was well paced and I enjoyed it a lot.

I cant think of any way they couldve hyped it up more other than more promo but it deserves to be seen.

Last edited:
I thought y’all were joking like it was so bad that it was entertaining in a way. That clip makes the movie lit lit!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not a joke, I watched the whole film, I LOVEEEEEEEE Ana De Armas, she is so bad, I watch that movie, the whole movie and as everything unfolds I'm just terrified. Scared for Keanu, sympathetic, covering my eyes, sheer terror.

Credits roll......Eli Roth. OF COURSE IT IS I said out loud. Who else would come up with something this horrific? :lol:

Same. So much same. Cant believe my Space Jam selection didn't end up with a unanimous last place vote :lol:

If I was really picking my favorites movies, 10/12 probably would have been international, but I at least wanted to keep things a little competitive. Not even in terms of getting votes - just didn’t want to make it TOO easy for people drafting around me :lol:

The draft got me wanting to watch a lot of movies I haven't seen. Not only drafted movies, but movies in general :lol:

I still have so many Blu Ray's I haven't even opened yet :lol:

Feel like watching some action movie tonight or tomorrow. Should I start with the new mission impossibles? (Last one I saw was 3) or should I start with The Kingsman?

The draft got me wanting to watch a lot of movies I haven't seen. Not only drafted movies, but movies in general :lol:

I still have so many Blu Ray's I haven't even opened yet :lol:

Feel like watching some action movie tonight or tomorrow. Should I start with the new mission impossibles? (Last one I saw was 3) or should I start with The Kingsman?

Missions, if you are on 4-5-6, you're welcome. Serious, you're welcome.

Then do Kingsman 1-2.

Absolutely Mission.

I almost took Fallout this draft. Dead serious. It might have the best collection of action set pieces in one movie.

I'm surprised I had as many votes as I did.

Astral projection is such a cool thing to me. I wanna learn how to do it on command.

last-jedi-force-projection-ending-last-jedi.jpg

I'm seeing "Parasite" tomorrow. I'm not sure if this film has been discussed in the thread but I've heard from numerous ppl that this is the best film of the year.

Here's the trailer:

So, I finally saw Parasite last night at the Lincoln Center and honestly, I left the theater speechless, which hasn't happened to me in quite a while. Even now, I'm thinking about certain scenes and how it plays out in amazement. I thoroughly had "The Irishman" as the best film of the year but right now it's neck & neck with Parasite.

It's incredibly rare for a film to pull that off w/o making it cheesy or too on the nose. The way things make a hard left literally out nowhere and transitions smoothly into a completely different genre left me in awe. And as an (aspiring) screenwriter, I felt defeated :lol:

8/8

Believe the hype

Back
Top Bottom