Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I wonder who they would have paired Lee with, could have been a great film to keep the momentum going from The Crow.

reoofnn4g4151.jpg

Been on an 80's kick lately. Watching ones I either haven't seen in a long time or have never seen.

Anyone remember this? Used to watch it all the time on HBO as a kid. The villain was like a terminator for teens :lol:

Three_o_clock_high_p.jpg

Been on an 80's kick lately. Watching ones I either haven't seen in a long time or have never seen.

Anyone remember this? Used to watch it all the time on HBO as a kid. The villain was like a terminator for teens :lol:

Three_o_clock_high_p.jpg

I remember that one. Been years since I’ve seen it. Not one of my 80s classics, but I recall liking it.

getback getback never even heard of that. Did you watch it recently? Still hold up?

Holds up for me for nostalgic reasons and because it's more of a black comedy. Definitely worth a watch if you're an 80's baby or grew up watching 80's movies. I think you'd get a kick out of it.

Holds up for me for nostalgic reasons and because it's more of a black comedy. Definitely worth a watch if you're an 80's baby or grew up watching 80's movies. I think you'd get a kick out of it.

Ha. Totally forgot the bully in that is the villain in Kindergarten Cop. LOL. I actually played hoop against a few times at my regular court in the late 90s. Actually a really nice guy. A bit of a bull-in-a-China shop on the court, but otherwise laid back dude.

Dragged Across Concrete worth finishing?

Started dozing last night like an hour in and realized I still had 1.5h left.

Last edited:
The scene in Boomerang when Jaqueline comes to Marcus’ house for a booty call, says it relaxed her and left $200 on the dresser. Cold blooded.

Predestination

What a total mind **** :rofl:

I saw where it was going once they time traveled to the day but they went the extra mile to make the main cast all one person :lol:

6.5/8

Yoooo I need to go back
And finish this. I only got to the time travel part from the bar and it seemed a little too lit after that so I wanted to be more awake. That’s a pretty good rating

Yoooo I need to go back
And finish this. I only got to the time travel part from the bar and it seemed a little too lit after that so I wanted to be more awake. That’s a pretty good rating
Yo it revs up even more. Like everything is connected, the beginning with dude burning his face, this fizzle bomber, the baby :smh:

Wild. Writer just had fun with paradoxes.

Oh man, Reese Witherspoon is an amazing actor.

I know part of it is the writing but man she mastered playing an annoying unbearable white woman. I'm only 30 min in and I cant take her character. Invoking so much frustration. This is even before the race issues and charged language they hovered around.

She definitely done it before but picked up more of that essence from just doing Big Little Lies with Laura Dern's unbearable wife character.

She's not full on but shes basically Karen adjacent.

Bravo Reese, bravo.

Movie was great when you realize it plays two ways.
Explain. Movie only picked up towards the last 30 minutes for me.

That feeling pity for the joker because he had a mental health issue and was bullied is old and tired and has been used in countless movies. Didn't make the character compelling

Oh man, Reese Witherspoon is an amazing actor.

I know part of it is the writing but man she mastered playing an annoying unbearable white woman. I'm only 30 min in and I cant take her character. Invoking so much frustration. This is even before the race issues and charged language they hovered around.

She definitely done it before but picked up more of that essence from just doing Big Little Lies with Laura Dern's unbearable wife character.

She's not full on but shes basically Karen adjacent.

Bravo Reese, bravo.

What is this you're watchin?

Explain. Movie only picked up towards the last 30 minutes for me.

That feeling pity for the joker because he had a mental health issue and was bullied is old and tired and has been used in countless movies. Didn't make the character compelling

I assume you watched it as a straightforward origin film, right? Everything you saw, the mental health, getting more and more crazy, culminating in going on gameshow and shooting DeNiro. Right?

Ok, now go backwards with me. Remember the very beginning, he's with his mom, watching the show, then day dreams he's in the audience, and DeNiro and everybody loves him, etc? Then later, he goes to get the file on his mother. Picture that scene. 70'sish dingy yellow walls, dim lighting, etc. Just real old, and ugly, etc. At the very end, he comes out of the room with the blood on his feet, and he's in the exact same hospital. (Arkham) The walls are gleaming white. The floor is gleaming white. The lighting is bright and vibrant.

It was all in his head. The movie was in his head. The "girlfriend" he didn't really have, he wasn't Thomas Wayne's son, the city is not out there celebrating The Joker. In fact, he went on a game show, AS Arthur Fleck, kills the host, and the entire news world wouldn't announce EXACTLY who he was? They'd all conveniently forget his name was Arthur Fleck and just keep callin him Joker cuz he asked, ONE TIME, to a person he later killed?

At the end, the nurse asks, what's so funny........."You wouldn't understand"

It was all in his head. Everything you watched. So in a sense, you can view the movie two ways. Straightforward, or how he wants you to view things, the way he sees them.

Back
Top Bottom