Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It’s unknown what the new take on “Wolfman” will look like, though it is believed to be set in present times and in the vein of Jake Gyllenhaal’s thriller “Nightcrawler,” with an obvious supernatural twist.
Huh?

Ever see The Guest? Another good one in the superhuman genre.

The+Guest.jpg
Dope flick 6/8.

But I was waiting the whole time for the superhuman genre to officially come in to play. They did some teasing and light touching on some military medical program.

Took a while for my dude Reddick to come on exposition everything about "David".

Based on the billboards I’ve been seeing around LA, it seems like its basically all content in the universe on one streaming service. Plus some extra ****. :lol: Does seem pretty good.

for reals. They are NOT ****ing around. I 100% guarantee they gonna jack the price within 6 months. There’s too much content man

According to IMDB, Rosario Dawson is 5’7”. That’s probably right, but she looks taller in her movies.

I noticed that I have the HBOMAX app on my phone, and I didn't download it.
Is it free for VERIZON or something? The app can't be on my phone unless I download it, right?

The High Note 4.5/8 - Not for me but I could see a lot of people enjoying this. Cube felt a little out of place. Would have liked to see more moments like the food truck between Tracee Ellis Ross and Dakota Johnson.

was afraid of this based on the trailers, but I’ll still at least give it a few episodes chance

I honestly didnt believe it was real.

The speed at which they made that show was crazy to me. All off Trump nonsense I think he said some time last year or 2 years ago.

When I saw it was a real series I was like what exactly could they have filled it up with?

If they were smart they'd just copy HBO's Avenue 5.

Lord of the Rings trilogy 6.8/8

To get the complaints out of the way, 3 three hour movies. Jackson was buggin. I don't mind 3 hour movies or even longer but the problem here was the pacing and the dialogue. This joint could put anybody to sleep. Listening to talking trees, watching boring love story flashbacks or dream/premonitions of grim deaths/futures. This pacing needed to be quicker and the dialogue needed a shot in the arm.

Other than that I feel I didnt get to connect with all the characters as deeply as possible. Take these 9 hours tack on one more and make it 5 two hour movies to dive in to characters more and add a few more battles and I think the whole thing would've flowed better for me.

I definitely see where these movies laid new groundwork and paved the way for Vikings, Game of Thrones, The Last Kingdom, etc.

Gotta say though, Return of the King ended this on point 🔥

Samwise the Brave :pimp: Has there ever been a bro that down for his homey? Mans carried Frodo to the finish line literally. Damn ring got Frodo tripping and he still stuck with dude. All the while still calling him Mr. Frodo :lol:

Frodo had it tough. Couldn't be me. Trash *** mission and he gotta do it barefoot. I don't care how big my feet is. Send me on some 20 mile mission knowing I can't fight :smh:

Gandalf :pimp: Put in tons of work and dealt with too.many incompetent ***** boys but still got it done. Even after dying.

Éowyn should've had more screen time. Did work too. More so than her weak cousin

These subplots with Gondor and Rohan were not it. Faramir, his pops, Gondor leader and his where was Rohan when I needed help whining. Them leaders were some lame ***** boys. I wish Aargon and Gandalf went harder on them.

The battle of Helm's Deep and the battle at Minas Tirith were my favs. That army of the dead :pimp:

I feel like the last battle at Modor if ever redone can have a more Battle of the Bastards helpless feel for what the purpose was. Dudes said let's be the decoy hoping Frodo is close to Mount Doom :lol: Wild reckless.

Not yet. Its gonna take time for them to get everything on there like Disney. Got wait for the streaming deals to end on other services, etc.
My thing is I don't think DC universe has a deal with anyone else. It was a streaming service they created in house.

I dont know why the same way they made HBO Now and HBOGo disapear/obsolete why they won't do the same here.

I noticed that I have the HBOMAX app on my phone, and I didn't download it.
Is it free for VERIZON or something? The app can't be on my phone unless I download it, right?
This morning I noticed the same thing on my phone, and I have AT&T. I got an email a couple days ago that I get HBO Max free for having AT&T, so I guess it's the same thing you just described.

Oh damn these sons of *****es corrupt pieces of **** cops on Penny Dreadful.

Suspenseful as **** interrogation that isnt really an interrogation scene. The stories, the metaphors, the implications, etc. Then it goes down like that with the ultimatum :sick:

Lord of the Rings trilogy 6.8/8

To get the complaints out of the way, 3 three hour movies. Jackson was buggin. I don't mind 3 hour movies or even longer but the problem here was the pacing and the dialogue. This joint could put anybody to sleep. Listening to talking trees, watching boring love story flashbacks or dream/premonitions of grim deaths/futures. This pacing needed to be quicker and the dialogue needed a shot in the arm.

Other than that I feel I didnt get to connect with all the characters as deeply as possible. Take these 9 hours tack on one more and make it 5 two hour movies to dive in to characters more and add a few more battles and I think the whole thing would've flowed better for me.

I definitely see where these movies laid new groundwork and paved the way for Vikings, Game of Thrones, The Last Kingdom, etc.

Gotta say though, Return of the King ended this on point 🔥

Samwise the Brave :pimp: Has there ever been a bro that down for his homey? Mans carried Frodo to the finish line literally. Damn ring got Frodo tripping and he still stuck with dude. All the while still calling him Mr. Frodo :lol:

Frodo had it tough. Couldn't be me. Trash *** mission and he gotta do it barefoot. I don't care how big my feet is. Send me on some 20 mile mission knowing I can't fight :smh:

Gandalf :pimp: Put in tons of work and dealt with too.many incompetent ***** boys but still got it done. Even after dying.

Éowyn should've had more screen time. Did work too. More so than her weak cousin

These subplots with Gondor and Rohan were not it. Faramir, his pops, Gondor leader and his where was Rohan when I needed help whining. Them leaders were some lame ***** boys. I wish Aargon and Gandalf went harder on them.

The battle of Helm's Deep and the battle at Minas Tirith were my favs. That army of the dead :pimp:

I feel like the last battle at Modor if ever redone can have a more Battle of the Bastards helpless feel for what the purpose was. Dudes said let's be the decoy hoping Frodo is close to Mount Doom :lol: Wild reckless.

74FC566B-F5BF-4525-890A-6D5C4CD08BC8.gif

I watched Back to School (1986) last night.

Rodney Dangerfield was funny and really made this film better than it should've been.

Back
Top Bottom