Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I just saw one of the worst movies ever with my wife. "Acrylic" looked like it was written and directed by high school kids

I binged watched 5 episodes of The Haunting of Hill House last night 😱. Thanks to whomever recommend this. Show is fire. First episode was a bit slow and takes a second to remember which character is which, but after that I started leaning in.

I enjoyed hereditary a lot even if the ending was pretty wacky.

Ava looks very paint by numbers but I love Jessica Chastain so I still want to see it.
Jess been really slumming with her film choices the last couple years. I want to see her win an Oscar near her prime if possible. JLaw :angry:

finished binging Veep. can't believe i missed out on this show when it initially aired :lol:
selina meyer doing whatever it takes to get that presidency
Show is dope.
Fun Fact: I remember Julia Louis Dreyfus doing interviews where she talks about how politicians would come up to her and say how accurate the show is to what actually goes on in the white house lol. They have a lot of former white house staff from the Obama and Bush administration as advisors for the show.

Tommy Vietor who was the National Security Spokesman and special assistant to Obama said...

“The funny thing about ‘Veep’ is, we as people who worked in the White House always get asked, okay, what’s the most real? Is it ‘House of Cards? Is it ‘West Wing’? And the answer is, it’s ‘Veep.’ Because you guys nail the fragility of the egos, and the, like, day-to-day idiocy of the decision-making,”

I couldn't get into Veep. Watched the 1st few episodes and it just didn't do it for me. I might give it another shot if actual White House staff are saying that some of the elements of the White House are closer in Veep than other Hollywood attempts. That's hilarious, in a depressing way.

Watching Doom Patrol on HBOMax. First episode is good. Any news on if they getting rid of DC Universe? I want to watch the other shows but I refuse to get another sub for that.

Bout to peep Eurovision on Netflix, which appears to be Blades of Glory x Pitch Perfect. Will report back.

Consistent with my overall prior experience with Netflix Original Films, Eurovision was fine, but nothing special. Some decent laughs spread throughout the movie, with some slow stretches. At 2 full hours, it’s too long. 4.75/8.

Jess been really slumming with her film choices the last couple years. I want to see her win an Oscar near her prime if possible. JLaw :angry:
She wanted to lean in to that superhero money and fame but Marvel wasn't offering much at the time and DC I think insulted her with a Lois Lane role, nothing going down with Sony Spider-Man so she did the whole lame villain in a X-Men movie.

She thought she had something with It 2 but that didn't pan out.

Last edited:
She wanted to lean in to that superhero money and fame but Marvel wasn't offering much at the time and DC I think insulted her with a Lois Lane role, nothing going down with Sony Spider-Man so she did the whole lame villain in a X-Men movie.

She thought she had something with It 2 but didn't pan out.
I have never seen her in a X-Men and I’ve seen all of them and multiple except the one. Which one was she in?

Days of Future Past is the best superhero movie, imo. Infinity War & The Dark Knight are very strong 2nd & 3rds.

I have never seen her in a X-Men and I’ve seen all of them and multiple except the one. Which one was she in?
You didn't see the last ****ty X-Men movie clearly :lol:

Dark Phoenix

Days of Future Past is the best superhero movie, imo. Infinity War & The Dark Knight are very strong 2nd & 3rds.
To me all of the Fox-Men movies are subpar and really shouldnt be praised. They're almost as bad as the worst DC movies.

DoFP wasn't good. Rushed trash that doesn't do justice to the comic.

Apocalypse was such a disappointing follow-up that I thought they could only go up from there, but apparently this was way worst. I don't think I've seen one good thing said about Dark Phoenix. Couldn't do myself like that.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Apocalypse was such a disappointing follow-up that I thought they could only go up from there, but apparently this was way worst. I don't think I've seen one good thing said about Dark Phoenix. Couldn't do myself like that.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I actively avoided Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, decided to give Phoenix a chance out of boredom/being really stoned and i turned it off 20 minutes into the movie

Jennifer Lawrence is absolutely unbearable as Mystique too.

I didn’t like DOFP at all. First Class was better to me. Didn’t bother with Dark Phoenix.
1st class was surprising very good, one of the best recast I've seen. Were u not in the mode DOFP or something. When I first saw The Last Jedi I was sleep deprived, high, & opportunistic so it was pretty tremendous.

Saw it a second 2nd time and it was bad. Then I saw it 3rd time for clarification of what I was feeling the 2nd time, and now I definitely wanna smack the director. **** the dweeb. They had tons of Legends material they could've used & still ended up w/ the sequels to sequels. **** them.

Jennifer Lawrence is absolutely unbearable as Mystique too.
original.gif

That's what's really shocking.

Everyone thought it cant get worse than Apocalypse and somehow DP is worse. Like way worse.

It's almost as if they learned nothing from The Last Stand.

I couldn't get into Veep. Watched the 1st few episodes and it just didn't do it for me. I might give it another shot if actual White House staff are saying that some of the elements of the White House are closer in Veep than other Hollywood attempts. That's hilarious, in a depressing way.
I love Veep but I could get this. Veep is like "perfect" comedy, like non stop great comedic timing and I can see that not appealing if you prefer spontaneous or raw comedy. It's like when I prefer amateur pino to the pro stuff.

I love Veep but I could get this. Veep is like "perfect" comedy, like non stop great comedic timing and I can see that not appealing if you prefer spontaneous or raw comedy. It's like when I prefer amateur pino to the pro stuff.
The things that make me laugh are Scott Pilgrim vs the World, What About Bob, Zombieland, Ace Ventura, The Mask, Bruce Almighty, 40 Year Old Virgin, Black Sheep/Tommy Boy, The Office, The Good Place, Righteous Gemstones, and Magic Johnson tweets. Would that all be spontaneous and raw comedy?

I wouldn't put none of those in the same comedy category, pretty varied. That's the case you would probably enjoy veep.

Back
Top Bottom