Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I need to get back on Veep, I watched all of season 1 I think back when it just came out but never got fully invested. I have no time for shows, man... I'll check it out since I accidentally didn't cancel my HBO Max trial and have it for the next month.

Currently watching Hobbs and Shaw for the 2nd time, it ain't bad. I mostly wanted to watch it for Vanessa Kirby who is outrageous.

So one good thing that definitely came from the horror discussion you guys put me in is this Haunting on Hill House. Super legit so far. I'm not at home right now, but I think I finished E:5 last night, maybe? The episode where we actually see what happened to Nell when she returned to the Hill House. DOPE *** episode.

Show overall: solid 6/8 so far.

So one good thing that definitely came from the horror discussion you guys put me in is this Haunting on Hill House. Super legit so far. I'm not at home right now, but I think at finished E:5 last night, maybe? The episode where we actually see what happened to Nell when she returned to the Hill House. DOPE *** episode.

Did I miss your thoughts on the Wailing?

Did I miss your thoughts on the Wailing?
I've had to do something with The Wailing that I absolutely hate doing: break it up. I was watching it the other night whenever it was that I posted that verse in Luke at the beginning of the movie, and my friend, I was struggling to stay awake an hour and a 1/2 in. And I don't mean that the movie was boring, not at all. I mean that it was a super long day for me. So I hit pause because after an hour and a 1/2, I figured I've got to be close to the end, so I would just ride it out and then go to bed. Man, I saw that I've still got another hour and a 1/2 left. 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️

And almost anytime I have to break something up, I'd rather just go back from the beginning and start it over. I'm not going to start over, but I am going to go back maybe 20-30 minutes and finish it all in one setting.

I... HATE... breaking movies up. It's almost a red flag for me whenever I'm seeing a chick and we're watching a movie and she's like 'Well, I could just come over next time and we can finish it.' Finish it next time? There won't be a next time. Don't call me, I'll call you.

But yeah, I don't remember seeing anything about the run time for The Wailing being 4 score and 7 years. 😂😂😂

Actually, I pick my son up from his mom in 3 hours. I'm going to go ahead and knock that out right now.

Should be able to speak on it tonight. 🤙Really like it so far, I can say that.

I know Raiders is probably the best of the 3 but Last Crusade is right up there as my favorite movie of all time. Watched it a few times in the last few months.

I had never really enjoyed Temple of Doom before either but it holds up well - technically it’s excellent and I really enjoyed it.

Today I’m watching Pitch Perfect...

I've had to do something with The Wailing that I absolutely hate doing: break it up. I was watching it the other night whenever it was that I posted that verse in Luke at the beginning of the movie, and my friend, I was struggling to stay awake an hour and a 1/2 in. And I don't mean that the movie was boring, not at all. I mean that it was a super long day for me. So I hit pause because after an hour and a 1/2, I figured I've got to be close to the end, so I would just ride it out and then go to bed. Man, I saw that I've still got another hour and a 1/2 left. 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️

And almost anytime I have to break something up, I'd rather just go back from the beginning and start it over. I'm not going to start over, but I am going to go back maybe 20-30 minutes and finish it all in one setting.

I... HATE... breaking movies up. It's almost a red flag for me whenever I'm seeing a chick and we're watching a movie and she's like 'Well, I could just come over next time and we can finish it.' Finish it next time? There won't be a next time. Don't call me, I'll call you.

But yeah, I don't remember seeing anything about the run time for The Wailing being 4 score and 7 years. 😂😂😂

Actually, I pick my son up from his mom in 3 hours. I'm going to go ahead and knock that out right now.

Should be able to speak on it tonight. 🤙Really like it so far, I can say that.
Fair, fair :lol: You should know by now that Koreans drag their films out. But it's that long for a reason. Anyways, enjoy it, drink it in, dwell on it.

So one good thing that definitely came from the horror discussion you guys put me in is this Haunting on Hill House. Super legit so far. I'm not at home right now, but I think I finished E:5 last night, maybe? The episode where we actually see what happened to Nell when she returned to the Hill House. DOPE *** episode.

In the next episode (6), pay attention to the cinematography. The long continuous one take tracking shots. I'm amazed at the lengths they took to create this single episode. Reminiscent of Birdman. What a masterpiece of an episode.

411E947A-37AD-407B-8B6E-3DD29A093066.jpeg

This is from Jennifer Grey’s personal stash of photos from the Ferris Bueller set...she posted a bunch on IG recently. This one most caught my eye for some reason...

Back
Top Bottom