Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The previously mentioned 6/8 still stands. Once I threw that out there earlier, the only thing that could have changed would have been for it to go down by some par for the course goofy ending that screwed the whole movie up or just didn't make sense, or both.

8/8 is a perfect movie. And for me, 7/8 movies challenge you or move you. This wasn't perfect, nor was it compelling/challenging, But as far as sitting down and just enjoying a movie goes, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a horror this much. I mean, A Quiet Place. And before that, I really don't know. Like I said, horrors are just not that good, but this was very entertaining. 🤙

Probably guilty of being a prisoner of the moment, but The Wailing might be my favorite horror of all time. Loved it.

1593411716897.gif

Love The Wailing, easily at least a 7/8 but man the first hour is so frustrating with how they decided to portray the dad. He was like the Korean Paul Blart and it just ruined some scenes at times. Thankfully they knock it off after that first hour and the rest of the film is strong enough to make up for that.

Also just watched Doctor Sleep, gets a 6.75/8 from me. Now I need to go see the director’s cut, get your **** together HBO and Roku. Is this the best sequel to a film that’s this far apart from each other?

Gotta say it again but one of the main things I love about Dr. Sleep is how the good guys are the scary ones having the bad guys terrified.

Little girl Abra and all her power once you try her and Dan with his head full of coffin prisons.
Exactly why I love Doctor Sleep. This scene here? Flames

Last edited:
Favorite.

6/8

No.
For me, having a favorite horror movie is like picking the best car from a junkyard. 6/8 is 75%, which is great for a horror movie. It's not my 8/8, and I explained why it's not a 7, either.
Scream is a 9/8 so it does not compute to be fav, 6.
It's not a favorite. It's a favorite horror movie. Important distinction.

Exactly why I love Doctor Sleep. This scene here? Flames

Damn spoiler that! Prob the best scene in the movie!

whole movie was pure flames. I love the shots of Outside of the Outlook hotel. i wish I would have been able to watch the directors cut the 1st time I saw it. Directors cut cleared up so much that I was confused about during my first theatrical watch.

also in the DC they amplified the alcoholism parallel. The AA speeches were longer, Danny talking about his fathers struggle was expanded, etc. never noticed in the first one that the fathers name is Jack Torrence and the sons name is Danny, and the drink that the ghost bartender gives him is Jack Daniels........

“Medicine. Medicine is what it is. Bonafide cure-all. Depression. Stress. Remorse, failure, wipes it all away. The mind is a blackboard and this...
[He takes the drink]
Jack: Is the eraser.
[He gulps it down, then sets down the empty glass.”

Damn spoiler that! Prob the best scene in the movie!

whole movie was pure flames. I love the shots of Outside of the Outlook hotel. i wish I would have been able to watch the directors cut the 1st time I saw it. Directors cut cleared up so much that I was confused about during my first theatrical watch.

also in the DC they amplified the alcoholism parallel. The AA speeches were longer, Danny talking about his fathers struggle was expanded, etc. never noticed in the first one that the fathers name is Jack Torrence and the sons name is Danny, and the drink that the ghost bartender gives him is Jack Daniels........

“Medicine. Medicine is what it is. Bonafide cure-all. Depression. Stress. Remorse, failure, wipes it all away. The mind is a blackboard and this...
[He takes the drink]
Jack: Is the eraser.
[He gulps it down, then sets down the empty glass.”
I edited my post.

I haven't watched the Directors cut
But do they add the stuff from the book that's dropped in the TR? Abra actually being Danny's niece? Danny Surviving the ending being saved by Jack in the fight against Rose?

No.

The DC only has 24 min added to it and its mostly fleshing out a lot of Dan scenes and adding dialogue to scenes we've saw.

No big sweeping changes.

I wish they did some of the stuff you brought up.

No.

The DC only has 24 min added to it and its mostly fleshing out a lot of Dan scenes and adding dialogue to scenes we've saw.

No big sweeping changes.

I wish they did some of the stuff you brought up.
The last one I really wanted but I get it. Can't happen due to what happened in the og movie vs the og book. DS is still a good *** movie

An hour into Lady Bird and I think I’m calling it quits. I’m not finding it entertaining. Awkward coming of age, without humor, an interesting plot, cinematography, or good music. Not sure the point.

im not learning anything or feeling nostalgic. Def can’t relate to the privilege in the movie either. Maybe one day I’ll finish the last 30 minutes but I can’t imagine I’m missing anything else. Good acting though, I’ll give them that much.

Also just watched Doctor Sleep, gets a 6.75/8 from me. Now I need to go see the director’s cut, get your **** together HBO and Roku. Is this the best sequel to a film that’s this far apart from each other?
The Color Of Money, sequel to The Hustler is 25 years apart. But yeah, I don't think you'll find a sequel as good as Dr. Sleep that's 39 years apart. Usually after that many years they just do a lazy reboot.

I watched The last black man in San Francisco, The King of Staten Island, and Moonlight the past week, enjoyed all of them.

I'm in the mood for a psych horror in the caliber of Hereditary and Midsommar or even worse, please point me to the right way fellas

I watched The last black man in San Francisco, The King of Staten Island, and Moonlight the past week, enjoyed all of them.

I'm in the mood for a psych horror in the caliber of Hereditary and Midsommar or even worse, please point me to the right way fellas
The Haunting of Hill House

Watched King of Staten Island tonight and it was very good..Pete and Bill were better than I expected..Tomei can still get it..

Trying to get through Queen & Slim now..Kinda boring..

Looks like I gotta watch Dr Sleep...

Literally just finished my first watch of it (director's cut).
Super hesitant on it initially because The Shining is one of the best movies ever made to me and the trailers didn't sell me much.
Boy I was wrong.
Obviously not a Kubrick level film but a very much worthy sequel. I need to look up her name but the young woman that played Abra was great.
Perfect balance of new and nostalgia.
This the the quality sequel IT 2 was supposed to be.
6.75/8

Back
Top Bottom