Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Umbrella Academy 2 yet? Anyone?

I loooved S:1.
tenor.gif

Not a big Western guy either, but I loved Maverick as well. Cast is solid, cameo, humor, even the music in the movie was pretty good. I also realized I think I just love anything with Poker in it. Rounders, Molly's Game, Maverick....

Not a big Western guy either, but I loved Maverick as well. Cast is solid, cameo, humor, even the music in the movie was pretty good. I also realized I think I just love anything with Poker in it. Rounders, Molly's Game, Maverick....
Have you seen Mississippi Grind? Been eye balling it but never got around to it. Looks good.

my g.m. use to work in the publicist department at paramount & she didn't say anything bad about susan sarandon b/c she's not that type of person, but she clearly didn't like her :lol:

anyway, this is a very good movie.
1596602750318.png

One of my favorites growing up. 90's in general :nthat:

The Blockbuster brick and mortar era of consuming movies at home >

Cardboard DVD cases were a bad idea though.

20200805_175148.jpg

One of my favorites growing up. 90's in general :nthat:

The Blockbuster brick and mortar era of consuming movies at home >

Cardboard DVD cases were a bad idea though.

20200805_175148.jpg
Great movie that I haven't seen since the early 00's.

Ditto on those cardboard DVD cases, I have a few and never understood who would like them better than the traditional cases.

i'm thinking of ending things

Like, what's the appeal there? It just seemed like a mess to me. 🤷‍♂️

I noticed Dark Places, A Most Violent Year and Ex-Machina on Showtime past few weeks. Just figured they were always on there.

Gonna keep Mississippi Grind, Obvious Child, The End of Tour today.

Currently watching Deadly Impact :pimp: :lol:

i'm thinking of ending things

Like, what's the appeal there? It just seemed like a mess to me. 🤷‍♂️
Oh man, you missing out.

Last edited:
I noticed Dark Places, A Most Violent and Ex-Machina on Showtime past few weeks. Just figured they were always on there.

Gonna keep Mississippi Grind, Obvious Child, The End of Tour today.

Currently watching Deadly Impact :pimp: :lol:

Oh man, you missing out.
Same. I recorded Obvious Child and The End Of The Tour as well. On my wait list.

S2 is really good imo.

Arguably better than s1.
I liked ssn 1 a little more. Klaus had a lot more complexity to his character in the 1st season. Once you learn why he is the way he is from Ssn 1, he just becomes a joke cracking druggy. That’s how he started season 1 and it was cool to see his character arc. This season he stayed the same throughout.

season 2 seemed a little edgier tho, which I liked.

Dude, do you all just watch... EVERYTHING?! Like, what's your denial process? Some of you, do you even have a denial process on watching something? Or is it just 'I'm watching it. Period. It's just a matter of whether I liked it or didn't like it once it's over'?

TV show. Movie. Docu-series. Doesn't matter, it seems like someone could list ANYTHING, and it's a few of you that have seen it and can speak on it.

- anyone: "So I was watching this movie Quentin made with his own phone back when iPhones first came out..."
- NT Movie thread: "Seen it. Decent. Typical QT staples throughout the whole movie. I've said for years he should go ahead and make an actual movie out of that. He actually didn't write a script for that. Little Blair Witch-y, but it's nice. 6.5/8"
- me: "WHAT?! HOW?!"
- also me: "There's no way I'd waste my time watching that. He made it with his PHONE?! Yeah, that doesn't sound remotely enjoyable."

Like, what are some of your standards for saying 'Nah, I'm good on that one'? Because I definitely think my standards are too high sometimes, maybe. I pass on... A LOTTTTTTTTT.

Back
Top Bottom