Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Synopsis:
Lovecraft Country follows Atticus Black, his friend Letitia, and his Uncle George during a road trip during the 1950s and confront both racism and monsters.
Have I added this to my HBO queue?

giphy.gif

I have a feeling you're not talking about Thanksgiving.

Never heard of it. Series? Movie?

HBO series?

- The Sopranos
- Game of Thrones
- Righteous Gemstones
- Big Little Lies
- Euphoria
- The Outsider (wait, was that HBO?)
- This Much I Know Is True
- Succession
- Watchmen
- Westworld
- The Wire
- Chernobyl

Those are HBO series that I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed.

Sooooo... The Leftovers fits in that group?

HBO series?

- The Sopranos
- Game of Thrones
- Righteous Gemstones
- Big Little Lies
- Euphoria
- Succession
- Watchmen

I would say it fits into zero of those categories:lol:

it’s from the same writer as Watchmen so it has that same mystery element to it. A lot of it is slice of life stuff on how people are dealing with their lives after an apocalyptic event.

I would say it fits into zero of those categories:lol:

it’s from the same writer as Watchmen so it has that same mystery element to it. A lot of it is slice of life stuff on how people are dealing with their lives after an apocalyptic event.
Anything that comes with a strong recommendation, I'll at least give it the pilot episode and an episode after, so we'll see.

HBO series?

- The Sopranos
- Game of Thrones
- Righteous Gemstones
- Big Little Lies
- Euphoria
- Succession
- Watchmen

These are also fire \/ :emoji_fire:
Just noticed how much HBO like "The" in their titles :lol:

The Wire
True Detective
The Night Of
The Newsroom
Curb Your Enthusiasm

I've seen the Leftovers but never got to finishing it. It was good, but not up there against other HBO shows.

what are the odds that this film page I follow would post this?

Movie basically jumpstarted The Fast & The Furious series. I have two shirts from the movie, one says Vaya Con Dios and another says Brody and Utah for President. One black once stopped me while wearing the shirt and said I didn't know they had black people in Utah.

TV show. Movie. Docu-series. Doesn't matter, it seems like someone could list ANYTHING, and it's a few of you that have seen it and can speak on it.

Case in point: I was searching for a movie for over a decade, and getback getback identified it when I described one scene :lol: Which leads me to my next review...

Happy Campers (2001)

6/8

Based on the first few minutes, it seemed like this was going to be a "so bad it's good" type of comedy. But I must say, this movie referenced (in a comedic manner) so many important issues regarding human sexuality, it was cool to see. And although some of the jokes were a bit crude, I prefer that to what seems like the over-dramatic (and borderline patronizing) tone found in some films today.

Oh yeah, this movie was released January 21, 2001. Idk if a comedy like this would be made post 9/11.

Did you like Seinfeld?

You might just have a different sense of humor.

What about Silicon Valley,?
Never heard of Silicon Valley, but Seinfeld? I hated it when it was out. I legit didn't understand how it was so popular when it was actually out, that and FRIENDS.

Back
Top Bottom