OK, What's To Be Done About WorldStarHipHop?

Look man, I can't front on some "holier than thou" %%# - I've definitely enjoyed my fair share of WSHH vids, hell, I've even posted some here...
...but there's a video now of a girl getting beat and dragged down her own steps, and to be honest, that %!%% is a precursor to premeditated homicide - like, if she went back and shot the girl who beat her and the girl who taped it, I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit.

But above the video is a huge ad for "Think Like a Man", and I'm reminded that the site brings in a ton of traffic and advertisers see boatloads of cash in it...

...another problem is that WSHH has become it's own trademark - how many times have you watched a fight vid on there and heard people screaming "Worldstar?"

You have kids planning to record their fights and up it to the site for their 15minutes of e-fame...

...this is a problem - matter of fact, this is a serious problem.

Back in the day, "WorldStarHipHop" went by the name "Jerry Springer" - same entertaining low brow filth, but at least everyone on there was 18+ and went on the show on their own volition...

...exploiting the foolishness of adults is one thing, exploiting the foolishness of children is another.

Aite lemme stop rambling...

Only one thing you can really do. Stop going to the site. I havent been there in years

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Only one thing you can really do. Stop going to the site. I havent been there in years

Agreed and duly noted...
...but I kinda feel there needs to be more pressure on it.

In a sense this is hypocritical of me because like I said, I've enjoyed plenty of %%@# on there in the past...

...maybe it's the kush, but something just clicked like "this is wild socially irresponsible."

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Agreed and duly noted...

In a sense this is hypocritical of me because like I said, I've enjoyed plenty of %%@# on there in the past...

...maybe it's the kush, but something just clicked like "this is wild socially irresponsible."
This isn't the beginning, and this will not be the end of the lower class being used for entertainment. Have you not seen cops? or the several like it? you as bothered by that show as you are world star? Of course you aren't. Same #%*$ different packaging. I stop going to the site, but don't knock my brother for doing so, different strokes for different folks.

Worldstar isn't the problem. 
Shut it down...and ILP will become even more popular.  Or another 3 sites will pop up the same day. 

The issue is with people who seek & create the content.

All Worldstar is, is a platform.  And to be to quite frankly honest...I don't blame the dude Q for getting that paper off something that someone else would have done anyway.

Worldstar is the problem. Its the platform to project ignorance.

If new platforms pop up that are even a little less popular and successful it is a step in the right direction.

Stop going to the site. Site is rarely on my mind. The site isn't even the problem. Certain content that it provides is what's being promoted and that's the problem but the truth of the matter is yall *%%!$% don't really wanna change just wanna dial it back for a while when it seems like it's too much to eventually indulge in it again at a later point in time.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Worldstar isn't the problem. 
Shut it down...and ILP will become even more popular.  Or another 3 sites will pop up the same day. 

The issue is with people who seek & create the content.

All Worldstar is, is a platform.  And to be to quite frankly honest...I don't blame the dude Q for getting that paper off something that someone else would have done anyway.
I agree to a point.
but in an interview Q said he has extorted (and enjoyed it) a teenage girl to take her video down.

seems like he enjoys posting videos he knows people don't want up (some as the dumb snitch on themselves directors, some as the unsuspecting prey)

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Agreed and duly noted...

This isn't the beginning, and this will not be the end of the lower class being used for entertainment. Have you not seen cops? or the several like it? you as bothered by that show as you are world star? Of course you aren't. Same #%*$ different packaging. I stop going to the site, but don't knock my brother for doing so, different strokes for different folks.

Yep the only thing that keeps it going is the views.  Man they got the burbs and the city watching that garbage.  They got people yelling "Worldstar" when ignant stuff happens.  Its actually synonomous with ignorance at this point.  I dont vistit the site because I don't want to support it. I made a thread like a year ago. The dude Q might be might be rich but hes nothing more than a drug dealer in my eyes

Agreed and duly noted...

Justice Cage concurring in part,
Low brow entertainment will always be a part of American culture - that I won't deny...

...like I said, I watched the same activities everyday on "Jerry Springer" back when I was in high school - and as you mentioned, "Cops" was no different.

However, those shows were comprised of legal adults - even the spoiled teens on Maury are accompanied by their terrible parents.

Couple days back I saw a video on WSHH of a 7th grade girl fighting the mother of one of her classmates...

...think about that for a second.

Minor children taping their fights and uploading them to WSHH for the whole world to see...

...so it's safe to say that those children are not only familiar with the site, they frequent it quite often.

Here's the problem: the site also contains explicit material that's only a click away behind a bull @$!$ "Are You 18?" prompt...

...so in a sense WSHH is one-stop shop for minor children to be exposed to filth and have their own filth exploited.

What's stopping a child from going to the site to see his classmates fighting and then clicking a video of woman +%*%+$#$ in a man's mouth?

Nothing.

Well, in that case, your main issue seems to be the platform, which in a sense is baseless, can the same teen not upload a video on twitter? Facebook? Or youtube? I mean, really I hate to go the camron route, but where are the parents? Atleast its original.
See the light through the tunnel, the issue isn't world star, the issue is kids having access to world star, which last time I checked was on who? I am all about positive influences, but I am all for amendments as well. 

Well, in that case, your main issue seems to be the platform, which in a sense is baseless, can the same teen not upload a video on twitter? Facebook? Or youtube? I mean, really I hate to go the camron route, but where are the parents? Atleast its original.
See the light through the tunnel, the issue isn't world star, the issue is kids having access to world star, which last time I checked was on who? I am all about positive influences, but I am all for amendments as well. 

Yo you really raise some good points bruh, I tip my hat to you...
...we know that youtube will quickly snatch some videos down because we've seen it happen - my twitter game is on Greg Oden status, so I can't even call that one - and Facebook will only let you get away with so much.

Your second paragraph is exactly what I was getting at - kids having access to WorldStar...

...that's where the amendments come in.

ya'll are missing the point. Youtube doesn't advertise or market hood videos. Its all based on your viewer history if you are a signed in. WSHH showcases these videos. Thats not good for anybody. Also Youtube has rules and guidelines. I seen a chick get a train ran on her on WSHH but you cant see that on Youtube maybe Dailymotion. But once again if a hood video is on youtube or dailymotion its one of millions. If its on WSHH then its showcased and highlighted.

WSHH is the same as drugs in the black community.

the only thing you can do is snitch on everybody in those videos until shouting "worldstar" whilst taping becomes synonymous with snitching

Doesn't WSHH provide the incentive for these types of vids? Like actually pay some dividends to the contributor for views?  

OP i saw the video your talking about, girl got beat up badly. But Q is making money off of these videos, he doesnt care whos feelings get hurt. Nothing we can do but dont click the site. Im a frequent lurker im not gonna deny it, i enjoy some videos, the fights are tough to watch but for some reason i cant stop watching them. 
ohwell.gif

Their parents are too busy looking at WSHH, to do any actual parenting.

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

Their parents are too busy looking at WSHH, to do any actual parenting.

Or, in plenty of other cases...
...working.

True.

Then they turn around and take that hard earned cash and spend it on smartphones for their middle school children.
Who use it to look at sites like WSHH, while at school with their friends.

It is sad, but in this day in age the internet is alot of these kids' teachers. Kinda like how 20 years ago T.V. was alot of kids' teacher.
Parents need to get back to being the teacher, regardless of how hard they work.

People back in the day worked way harder than we do nowadays, and it did not stop them from parenting.

But on the flip side, there is alot more infomation out there these days. So we have to find a balance between the two.

Back
Top Bottom