Okay, can we FINALLY admit.....

Ok, Bron and all them garbage players you keep spouting off about won 66 games, and Bron with Wade and Bosh this year ain't winnin 66 games, so what the hell are you rattling on for? 

I didn't say any of those guys were all stars or hall of famers, the point is they are not on the roster TODAY, as they were last year.  You keep trying to make it look like one man is off the roster, and the other 11 are still there playing, THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

Absolutely, Bron is the main reason they are garbage now.  No doubt, to anyone.  But there are 6 other guys from last years rotation missing.  SIX. 

Take Lebron, AND SIX other guys off any team, and what happens? 

Again, I don't know why you insist on making things up for Horry or his rings.  NOBODY is saying he is "better" then anybody.  I am saying, me personally, I think the guy belongs in the hall for his role in the NBA over his career.  He won multiple titles with THREE teams.  NOBODY EVER has done that.  EVER.  Doesn't make him a better player then anybody, but it makes what he did, special.  And I doubt very highly that anyone else will approach it for a very loooooooong time.  In fact, has anybody EVER, in ANY SPORT, won multiple titles, with 3 teams?  I don't think so, but maybe somebody back in the day did, would take some digging.  For that, I say he deserves a nod.  I'm not saying he is better then anybody, at all. 

And those that claim Bron not having rings is irrelevant are funny.  Yeah, I'm sure that if he had 5 rings, they would still say the same thing. 
roll.gif
The second he gets ONE, they are going to unleash a fury we've never seen before. 
laugh.gif

Ok, Bron and all them garbage players you keep spouting off about won 66 games, and Bron with Wade and Bosh this year ain't winnin 66 games, so what the hell are you rattling on for? 

I didn't say any of those guys were all stars or hall of famers, the point is they are not on the roster TODAY, as they were last year.  You keep trying to make it look like one man is off the roster, and the other 11 are still there playing, THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

Absolutely, Bron is the main reason they are garbage now.  No doubt, to anyone.  But there are 6 other guys from last years rotation missing.  SIX. 

Again, I don't know why you insist on making things up for Horry or his rings.  NOBODY is saying he is "better" then anybody.  I am saying, me personally, I think the guy belongs in the hall for his role in the NBA over his career.  He won multiple titles with THREE teams.  NOBODY EVER has done that.  EVER.  Doesn't make him a better player then anybody, but it makes what he did, special.  And I doubt very highly that anyone else will approach it for a very loooooooong time.  In fact, has anybody EVER, in ANY SPORT, won multiple titles, with 3 teams?  I don't think so, but maybe somebody back in the day did, would take some digging.  For that, I say he deserves a nod.  I'm not saying he is better then anybody, at all. 

And those that claim Bron not having rings is irrelevant are funny.  Yeah, I'm sure that if he had 5 rings, they would still say the same thing. 
roll.gif
The second he gets ONE, they are going to unleash a fury we've never seen before. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by frink85

so i think its interesting that the MVP may be decided by the record of a team the MVP doesnt play for...

no. how can you justify the awarding someone an MVP award based on the actions of ANOTHER team? That's flawed. The MVP is (or at least, should be) most valuable player to HIS team. I'm not even going to get into if he deserves it this year. But the fact that you want to award someone an MVP award just cause his former team is terrible is horrible logic.

not BECAUSE his former team is garbage

but because how DRAMATIC the difference in wins between having him and not having him is.

did you read any of the posts?

to go from the most wins in a 2 year span EVER to the worst season EVER says SOMETHING...

if not that lebron james is the best and most valuable player alive, then, please, what does that say?

you tell me what going from the most wins in a 2 year span ever to the worst record ever says, then?
[mike singletary] can't do it [/mike singletary]

i read most of the posts. i understand your argument. however, i still disagree. I'm saying that even if the cavs + bron went 82-0 last year, and then the cavs - bron went 0-82 this year, its flawed to factor that into the MVP voting. He's not being awarded the MVP of how much your former team sucks without you. Ideally, he'd win based on THIS year alone, and how he played for HIS team. If he was putting up 13-6-3 would he still deserve that MVP award even if the cavs lost 100 games in a row this season (magically) without bron? Im not saying he doesnt deserve it, but as far as i know the MVP language goes something like "deemed to be the most valuable player to his team in the NBA" or something like that. I would hope voters would base it off solely how well he (or anyone else for that matter) plays this year. Factoring in that his old team is amazingly crappier without him sounds faulty.

Put it this way, it doesnt make him the MVP for the Heat this year, it makes him the MVP for the Cavs last year.

Originally Posted by frink85

so i think its interesting that the MVP may be decided by the record of a team the MVP doesnt play for...

no. how can you justify the awarding someone an MVP award based on the actions of ANOTHER team? That's flawed. The MVP is (or at least, should be) most valuable player to HIS team. I'm not even going to get into if he deserves it this year. But the fact that you want to award someone an MVP award just cause his former team is terrible is horrible logic.

not BECAUSE his former team is garbage

but because how DRAMATIC the difference in wins between having him and not having him is.

did you read any of the posts?

to go from the most wins in a 2 year span EVER to the worst season EVER says SOMETHING...

if not that lebron james is the best and most valuable player alive, then, please, what does that say?

you tell me what going from the most wins in a 2 year span ever to the worst record ever says, then?
[mike singletary] can't do it [/mike singletary]

i read most of the posts. i understand your argument. however, i still disagree. I'm saying that even if the cavs + bron went 82-0 last year, and then the cavs - bron went 0-82 this year, its flawed to factor that into the MVP voting. He's not being awarded the MVP of how much your former team sucks without you. Ideally, he'd win based on THIS year alone, and how he played for HIS team. If he was putting up 13-6-3 would he still deserve that MVP award even if the cavs lost 100 games in a row this season (magically) without bron? Im not saying he doesnt deserve it, but as far as i know the MVP language goes something like "deemed to be the most valuable player to his team in the NBA" or something like that. I would hope voters would base it off solely how well he (or anyone else for that matter) plays this year. Factoring in that his old team is amazingly crappier without him sounds faulty.

Put it this way, it doesnt make him the MVP for the Heat this year, it makes him the MVP for the Cavs last year.

that's bs, naming him mvp for what his former team does. what the cavs do this year has no effect on his mvp status. either he wins it because he's playing at an unbelievable level or not. if the cavs had 30+ wins we wouldnt be talking bout this. it's those lebron d-riders that think he should win it based off a losing record from his former team

that's bs, naming him mvp for what his former team does. what the cavs do this year has no effect on his mvp status. either he wins it because he's playing at an unbelievable level or not. if the cavs had 30+ wins we wouldnt be talking bout this. it's those lebron d-riders that think he should win it based off a losing record from his former team

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

I agree with you and see the logic.  But the fact is lebron IS playing at a high level.  He IS putting up MVP like numbers.  And the team that he played for last year IS the worst team in NBA History.

I don't think it is the main reason he should be MVP but i think if you don't at least recognize his importance to the cavs then your doing him a disservice. 

I agree with you and see the logic.  But the fact is lebron IS playing at a high level.  He IS putting up MVP like numbers.  And the team that he played for last year IS the worst team in NBA History.

I don't think it is the main reason he should be MVP but i think if you don't at least recognize his importance to the cavs then your doing him a disservice. 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

everyone knows the importance of lebron to the cavs, and that is why he got the mvp last year. this is a new year, all ties with cleveland are broken, the moment he said 'im taking my talents to south beach." for all i care the cavs can lose all their games and still it has no effect on lebron's case for THIS year's mvp. this is 2010-2011, so he has nothing to do with the cavs anymore, regardless of their crappy record

everyone knows the importance of lebron to the cavs, and that is why he got the mvp last year. this is a new year, all ties with cleveland are broken, the moment he said 'im taking my talents to south beach." for all i care the cavs can lose all their games and still it has no effect on lebron's case for THIS year's mvp. this is 2010-2011, so he has nothing to do with the cavs anymore, regardless of their crappy record

Originally Posted by cguy610

Maybe Mike Brown was a better coach than he got credit for? There's way too many changes from this season to last season's Cavs.
roll.gif

funniest post yet.

also, proof that you NEVER watched a cavs game, EVER....

laugh.gif

And I'm 100% positive that fact along with how he was a little !%%$$ over the summer is going to prevent him from winning it this year.
because you PERSONALLY disagree with his decision, you dont want/think he cant win?

roll.gif

GREAT logic.
again, i don't see how you watch basketball saying things like this....

trust me, before the miami thrice are done, they will win more than 66 games...
roll.gif

didn't say any of those guys were all stars or hall of famers, the point is they are not on the roster TODAY, as they were last year.  You keep trying to make it look like one man is off the roster, and the other 11 are still there playing, THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

losing shaq, they lost 11 pts and 5 rbs a game, something JJ Hixon does in off nights...

losing leon powe, they lost a bench warmer

losing delonte west, they lost a decent player, who never played due to broken wrists and legal troubles...

losing Z, they lost a slow, unathletic center who shot steaky from the field....

every player they lost BESIDES lebron james was actually an UPGRADE for their franchise...

again, i wanna ask yall

NAME ONE TEAMMATE LEBRON JAMES HAS PLAYED WITH IN SEVEN YEARS THAT COULD START ON ANY OTHER NBA TEAM BESIDES THE CAVS.....

i gave up JJ Hixon, who is basically Jason Maxiell....couldn't start for any top team in the NBA....

just name one teammate, in 7 years, that would start for ANY other NBA team....

Mo Williams, at his VERY BEST, is like the 15th best PG in the leauge...this is at his VERY BEST...

at his worst? he scores 2 points in a 65 point blowout...

then why are you still talking? you agree with my post. period. you're done here.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

only because the strongest and most used argument AGAINST Lebron James is "he doesnt have a ring"

so, of course, when he gets a ring, people will say "he has a ring now, so why isn't he the best?"

and to that, people who argue "he doesnt have a ring" will have absolutely nothing to say...

i bet they'll bring up "the decision" at that point in time...
roll.gif

i read most of the posts. i understand your argument. however, i still disagree. I'm saying that even if the cavs + bron went 82-0 last year, and then the cavs - bron went 0-82 this year, its flawed to factor that into the MVP voting
i appreciate this. but when you can, in the same breath, say "oh, but his decision to join the heat is going to count against him" or "theyre tired of voting for lebron so rose will win" those are just as glaring flaws to factor into MVP voting, right?

If he was putting up 13-6-3 would he still deserve that MVP award even if the cavs lost 100 games in a row this season (magically) without bron?
again with the "IF"....well, he's not averaging 13-6-3...he did better than that his ROOKIE SEASON....

fact remains, he's putting up the same numbers on a brand new team....a team he was supposed to have to "share" with and have his numbers drop on.

27-7-7 isnt MVP numbers? then add the fact that the cavs went from the most wins in 2 years to the worst team of the decade?

BEST THREAD OF 2011 AND ITS ONLY FEBRUARY... I SALUTE YOU SIR!!!!
AND it's my introduction to sports & training....
pimp.gif

if the cavs had 30+ wins we wouldnt be talking bout this.
again, with the IFs.....

they don't have even 30 wins...
roll.gif

i never said he SOLEY deserves the MVP based upon the CAVS record, i just said its FUNNY to THINK that MAYBE it will have some factor when it comes to voting...

i said its FUNNY to observe this happening for the first time in ANY sport...

and i used the FACT to SUPPORT my argument that Lebron James is the best player, by far

i mean, the suns lost amar'e AND madd players...

are the suns the worst team of the decade?

and he addressed it in the same fashion i did....

i disagree, i think he's the MAIN CONTRIBUTING FACTOR to their crappy record...

or let me rephrase...

his ABSENCE is the MAIN CONTRIBUTING FACTOR to their crappy record...

its black and white

cut and dry

fact.

how are you arguing with it?

"oh, they lost only-played-23-games delonte west, 45-year old-no-feet-having Z, 39-year-old-overweight shaq and bench-warming leon powe...."

roll.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Maybe Mike Brown was a better coach than he got credit for? There's way too many changes from this season to last season's Cavs.
roll.gif

funniest post yet.

also, proof that you NEVER watched a cavs game, EVER....

laugh.gif

And I'm 100% positive that fact along with how he was a little !%%$$ over the summer is going to prevent him from winning it this year.
because you PERSONALLY disagree with his decision, you dont want/think he cant win?

roll.gif

GREAT logic.
again, i don't see how you watch basketball saying things like this....

trust me, before the miami thrice are done, they will win more than 66 games...
roll.gif

didn't say any of those guys were all stars or hall of famers, the point is they are not on the roster TODAY, as they were last year.  You keep trying to make it look like one man is off the roster, and the other 11 are still there playing, THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

losing shaq, they lost 11 pts and 5 rbs a game, something JJ Hixon does in off nights...

losing leon powe, they lost a bench warmer

losing delonte west, they lost a decent player, who never played due to broken wrists and legal troubles...

losing Z, they lost a slow, unathletic center who shot steaky from the field....

every player they lost BESIDES lebron james was actually an UPGRADE for their franchise...

again, i wanna ask yall

NAME ONE TEAMMATE LEBRON JAMES HAS PLAYED WITH IN SEVEN YEARS THAT COULD START ON ANY OTHER NBA TEAM BESIDES THE CAVS.....

i gave up JJ Hixon, who is basically Jason Maxiell....couldn't start for any top team in the NBA....

just name one teammate, in 7 years, that would start for ANY other NBA team....

Mo Williams, at his VERY BEST, is like the 15th best PG in the leauge...this is at his VERY BEST...

at his worst? he scores 2 points in a 65 point blowout...

then why are you still talking? you agree with my post. period. you're done here.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

only because the strongest and most used argument AGAINST Lebron James is "he doesnt have a ring"

so, of course, when he gets a ring, people will say "he has a ring now, so why isn't he the best?"

and to that, people who argue "he doesnt have a ring" will have absolutely nothing to say...

i bet they'll bring up "the decision" at that point in time...
roll.gif

i read most of the posts. i understand your argument. however, i still disagree. I'm saying that even if the cavs + bron went 82-0 last year, and then the cavs - bron went 0-82 this year, its flawed to factor that into the MVP voting
i appreciate this. but when you can, in the same breath, say "oh, but his decision to join the heat is going to count against him" or "theyre tired of voting for lebron so rose will win" those are just as glaring flaws to factor into MVP voting, right?

If he was putting up 13-6-3 would he still deserve that MVP award even if the cavs lost 100 games in a row this season (magically) without bron?
again with the "IF"....well, he's not averaging 13-6-3...he did better than that his ROOKIE SEASON....

fact remains, he's putting up the same numbers on a brand new team....a team he was supposed to have to "share" with and have his numbers drop on.

27-7-7 isnt MVP numbers? then add the fact that the cavs went from the most wins in 2 years to the worst team of the decade?

BEST THREAD OF 2011 AND ITS ONLY FEBRUARY... I SALUTE YOU SIR!!!!
AND it's my introduction to sports & training....
pimp.gif

if the cavs had 30+ wins we wouldnt be talking bout this.
again, with the IFs.....

they don't have even 30 wins...
roll.gif

i never said he SOLEY deserves the MVP based upon the CAVS record, i just said its FUNNY to THINK that MAYBE it will have some factor when it comes to voting...

i said its FUNNY to observe this happening for the first time in ANY sport...

and i used the FACT to SUPPORT my argument that Lebron James is the best player, by far

i mean, the suns lost amar'e AND madd players...

are the suns the worst team of the decade?

and he addressed it in the same fashion i did....

i disagree, i think he's the MAIN CONTRIBUTING FACTOR to their crappy record...

or let me rephrase...

his ABSENCE is the MAIN CONTRIBUTING FACTOR to their crappy record...

its black and white

cut and dry

fact.

how are you arguing with it?

"oh, they lost only-played-23-games delonte west, 45-year old-no-feet-having Z, 39-year-old-overweight shaq and bench-warming leon powe...."

roll.gif

LeBron is a beast no denying that but if you look at Cleveland right now they are just gassed from that LeBron "talents to South Beach" situation. I'm not saying they are good but they have a roster that shoal win more than 8 games. With that being said Dan Gilbert lost.

I'ma diehard Lakers fan I kinda feel bad for Ohio.

LeBron is a beast no denying that but if you look at Cleveland right now they are just gassed from that LeBron "talents to South Beach" situation. I'm not saying they are good but they have a roster that shoal win more than 8 games. With that being said Dan Gilbert lost.

I'ma diehard Lakers fan I kinda feel bad for Ohio.

can we, today, name a team with a worse roster than the cavs?

since that somehow upsets some of you,

can we name a roster worse than last years cavs minus lebron james?

the answer is NO.

evidenced by how garbage they ALL are now...

lol @ your second best player being 33-year-old ANTWAN JAMISON!

he has the offensive capability of rajon rondo.....(floaters, awkward shots, etc. he DOES score more than rondo, but he's basically a 6'9" rondo without the passing, defense, leadership nor dribbling ability)  

I'm not saying they are good but they have a roster that shoal win more than 8 games. With that being said Dan Gilbert lost.
i dunno, man....that horrible NJ team a couple years ago had devin harris, at least....

devin harris is better than anyone lebron james has played with his first 7 years in the leauge....

not just kinda better, would literally $+*@ on every player on the cavs roster from 2003-2011 NOT named Lebron James...

look, you dont have to like lebron, you dont even have to agree with me that he's the best and deserves an MVP

but to argue against the FACTS im asking you all to OBSERVE is ridiculous...

people are in here defending MIKE BROWN?

people are really saying these dudes arent THAT scrubby?

WALLY'S WORLD?

HE WAS A NICE PICKUP FOR A ROLE PLAYER?

roll.gif

why didn't the heat pick him up, then?

roll.gif

the heat DID pick up Z....look how much burn he's getting...

he was the 2nd best player ON the cavs teams from 2003-2011...

roll.gif

he has the body of a 70-year-old

can we, today, name a team with a worse roster than the cavs?

since that somehow upsets some of you,

can we name a roster worse than last years cavs minus lebron james?

the answer is NO.

evidenced by how garbage they ALL are now...

lol @ your second best player being 33-year-old ANTWAN JAMISON!

he has the offensive capability of rajon rondo.....(floaters, awkward shots, etc. he DOES score more than rondo, but he's basically a 6'9" rondo without the passing, defense, leadership nor dribbling ability)  

I'm not saying they are good but they have a roster that shoal win more than 8 games. With that being said Dan Gilbert lost.
i dunno, man....that horrible NJ team a couple years ago had devin harris, at least....

devin harris is better than anyone lebron james has played with his first 7 years in the leauge....

not just kinda better, would literally $+*@ on every player on the cavs roster from 2003-2011 NOT named Lebron James...

look, you dont have to like lebron, you dont even have to agree with me that he's the best and deserves an MVP

but to argue against the FACTS im asking you all to OBSERVE is ridiculous...

people are in here defending MIKE BROWN?

people are really saying these dudes arent THAT scrubby?

WALLY'S WORLD?

HE WAS A NICE PICKUP FOR A ROLE PLAYER?

roll.gif

why didn't the heat pick him up, then?

roll.gif

the heat DID pick up Z....look how much burn he's getting...

he was the 2nd best player ON the cavs teams from 2003-2011...

roll.gif

he has the body of a 70-year-old

I think it's obvious LeBron is and has been the best player in NBA for last three years but hey "Haters gonna Hate"
laugh.gif

As far as this year I don't think he'll get MVP. You can't base a MVP award off of how another team is doing

Rose should get it cause right now the Bulls would not be where they are if he wasn't playing

Plus LeBron will get Finals MVP anyway
laugh.gif

I think it's obvious LeBron is and has been the best player in NBA for last three years but hey "Haters gonna Hate"
laugh.gif

As far as this year I don't think he'll get MVP. You can't base a MVP award off of how another team is doing

Rose should get it cause right now the Bulls would not be where they are if he wasn't playing

Plus LeBron will get Finals MVP anyway
laugh.gif

I have a hard time believing that MVP Voters won't say:

Lebron 26-7-7 wow those are really good numbers.  The heat are 37 and 14....o yeah and look at the Cav's without Lebron they are historically bad this year.

It just puts his past greatness into perspective more.  Again it's not going to be major factor but it will get brought up and create some bias toward lebron.

Back
Top Bottom