One credit card for all

Saw this was thinking about ordering one but somewhat sketch not asking for a shipping address but charging now. Also I could see a lot of vendors refusing to take this card.

Saw this was thinking about ordering one but somewhat sketch not asking for a shipping address but charging now. Also I could see a lot of vendors refusing to take this card.
yea see,sketchy which is why i wont order it :lol:

and i agree, i could see it happening with no name/numbers being shown

so maybe its a big scam? :lol:

I ran it past my wife and she pointed out some of the fugaziness but I'm still on the fence. I like the fact that it deactivates if your phone is to far away.

Amazing idea but I have alot of questions. You need more security than a simple reminder that its out of blue tooth range. What other security is there? a password of some kind or a legit fingertip scanner would be good. Also what does it run on? How often do you need to charge it? Being out and about and not being able to use your card b/c its dead would be a drag.

atlsfinest atlsfinest from what I read it has a battery that lasts 2 years depending on your usage. The part that is garbage is if your phone dies so does your card because it's being powered by Bluetooth signals.

Yeah the bigger deciding factor for me in buying this is its security. Cause if someone gets my coin then they now have all my cards. Sounds like a thief's wet dream.

az102 az102 they pretty much have to get your card and use as it as much as they can before they get out of range of your phone.

W
az102 az102 they pretty much have to get your card and use as it as much as they can before they get out of range of your phone.
well if it deactivates out of range of my phone then it would be pretty sweet. I guess the plus side is people wont be able to steal your cc number cause there is no number to write down.

Yeah the bigger deciding factor for me in buying this is its security. Cause if someone gets my coin then they now have all my cards. Sounds like a thief's wet dream.

isnt that the same with a wallet? :lol:

all you do is call your CC company just like anytime you lose your card/wallet

You have a point there but with this depending on how well it's received you only have to focus on just replacing this card instead of having to scramble to call this company and that company to cancel cards.

I had this idea like 4 years ago--even have it noted in my "idea" journal...

Dammit I should have been an engineer... >:

Last edited:

Well I was speaking from personal experience. I have never lost my wallet only my credit card. I have this habit of always patting my pants for my wallet and phone when ever I leave a place or when I have been sitting for a long time.

This is a super cool idea in theory. However...

BLUETOOTH IS NOT SECURE AT ALL. For those interested, look up Bluebugging and Bluejacking. All someone would have to do is install a Bluetooth worm on your device (which could happen literally any time your Bluetooth is on,) and they would potentially have access to all of your credit info. They also want you to take a pic of the actual credit card (name, cc#, & date) for record keeping? :lol: :lol: :lol: this technology is a hacker's dream.

I'd have to see what the makers of Coin are doing in terms of security to even remotely consider the possibility.

I dont see how one magnetic strip works for all the cards, Different cards have different information and security encoded on each magnetic strip. I do this type of work so i dont see how this would work.

A little before its time and if NFC had better range on phones would have made this coin better

Back
Top Bottom