Yuku......
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by TheHype

I mean... may sound effed up but

...less competition for me
ohwell.gif
I've expressed the same sentiment before and have no shame. Of course I'm really saddened to always hear about these horrible statistics about black people (most of which are likely exaggerated) but these same statistics are making it all the more easy for "educated black men" like myself to get into great schools, acquire powerful corporate positions, etc.

It's a bittersweet situation.
Am sorry but this has got to be one of the stupidest most selfish things i ever read 
Your basically saying you accept the role as a token black man the one black guy thats at a good school and one black guy who's at a good job its people like you that make it hard for us to advance because instead of caring about your people you only care about yourself and your own success 

smh 
tired.gif

The higher up you get you will start to see less and less people that look like you and you know how sad that is if you get in a place of power try and help but don't sit there and say stupid $*%* like that it only helps "There" cause 
i actually see where he's coming from, i find myself in the same situation. its not that i don't feel sympathy for less fortunate blacks, but it is what it is. i still support change in the black community, but best believe i'm gonna take advantage of the present situation to the fullest extent for my personal gain.

you can't sit around crying all day about people who can't succeed or you'll never get anywhere.. at a certain point you have to live your own life. if anything i feel like my success in white-dominated environments can pave the way for more black people in the future.

Originally Posted by TheHype

I mean... may sound effed up but

...less competition for me
ohwell.gif
I've expressed the same sentiment before and have no shame. Of course I'm really saddened to always hear about these horrible statistics about black people (most of which are likely exaggerated) but these same statistics are making it all the more easy for "educated black men" like myself to get into great schools, acquire powerful corporate positions, etc.

It's a bittersweet situation.
Am sorry but this has got to be one of the stupidest most selfish things i ever read 
Your basically saying you accept the role as a token black man the one black guy thats at a good school and one black guy who's at a good job its people like you that make it hard for us to advance because instead of caring about your people you only care about yourself and your own success 

smh 
tired.gif

The higher up you get you will start to see less and less people that look like you and you know how sad that is if you get in a place of power try and help but don't sit there and say stupid $*%* like that it only helps "There" cause 
i actually see where he's coming from, i find myself in the same situation. its not that i don't feel sympathy for less fortunate blacks, but it is what it is. i still support change in the black community, but best believe i'm gonna take advantage of the present situation to the fullest extent for my personal gain.

you can't sit around crying all day about people who can't succeed or you'll never get anywhere.. at a certain point you have to live your own life. if anything i feel like my success in white-dominated environments can pave the way for more black people in the future.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

47 is a popular number. 47percent of african american woman have herpes
embarassed.gif

illuminati
7+4 = 11 

1+1 = 2

2nd letter  of alphabet is B

Black 

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by NjCollector

47 is a popular number. 47percent of african american woman have herpes
embarassed.gif

illuminati
7+4 = 11 

1+1 = 2

2nd letter  of alphabet is B

Black 

smokin.gif

To say I'm the reason for us not being able toadvance is foolish. You really want to attribute all that blame to asingle person? You and I both know that that's a ridiculous claim. Just because I like the benefits of being the URMdoesn't mean I'm not unhappy to see my peers doing as poorly as they are.As a matter of fact, I expressed that in my previous statement. I'm ina position where I need to focus on me, and only me. I can't helpanyone else until I have helped myself. And to assume I don't have a desire to help underprivileged people of all ethnic backgrounds is a huge mistake on your part. If anything, I'm going to attribute a portion of  black societal struggles to your "us vs. them" mentality. Separatism isn't going to help anyone advance.

That's exactly where I'm coming from. You guys don't know how strongly I feel about trying to expand opportunities for higher education to less fortunate youth. I am surely grateful for what success I have achieved today, and I want to make sure more minorities can experience what I have. And to piggyback off the last statement DT43 made, I completely agree that my success will help pave the way for more people like me. As I have already said though, I can't help anyone until I help myself. It's a necessity for me at this point to focus on my own personal gain, because if I get caught up in what's going on with everybody else, I'll lose focus -- and nothing will be accomplished if that happens.

I agree you should help yourself before you try to help anyone else i agree and as for the us vs. them mentality that comment was directed towards the racist people that like to see blacks and people of other ethic groups struggle and benefit from racism believe me there are people like that out there i have seen them and i got upset with your comment because your not the only one that feels that way a lot of blacks believe its good to see other blacks struggle because they can benefit from it and thats just sad 

To say I'm the reason for us not being able toadvance is foolish. You really want to attribute all that blame to asingle person? You and I both know that that's a ridiculous claim. Just because I like the benefits of being the URMdoesn't mean I'm not unhappy to see my peers doing as poorly as they are.As a matter of fact, I expressed that in my previous statement. I'm ina position where I need to focus on me, and only me. I can't helpanyone else until I have helped myself. And to assume I don't have a desire to help underprivileged people of all ethnic backgrounds is a huge mistake on your part. If anything, I'm going to attribute a portion of  black societal struggles to your "us vs. them" mentality. Separatism isn't going to help anyone advance.

That's exactly where I'm coming from. You guys don't know how strongly I feel about trying to expand opportunities for higher education to less fortunate youth. I am surely grateful for what success I have achieved today, and I want to make sure more minorities can experience what I have. And to piggyback off the last statement DT43 made, I completely agree that my success will help pave the way for more people like me. As I have already said though, I can't help anyone until I help myself. It's a necessity for me at this point to focus on my own personal gain, because if I get caught up in what's going on with everybody else, I'll lose focus -- and nothing will be accomplished if that happens.

I agree you should help yourself before you try to help anyone else i agree and as for the us vs. them mentality that comment was directed towards the racist people that like to see blacks and people of other ethic groups struggle and benefit from racism believe me there are people like that out there i have seen them and i got upset with your comment because your not the only one that feels that way a lot of blacks believe its good to see other blacks struggle because they can benefit from it and thats just sad 

It's all socioeconomic status to me.
So much depends on how you were raised, what resources you had, how much your parents put their time into you.

I agree with whoever said that people in general aren't self-motivated. I think for most people, regardless of race, it definitely takes parents to push their kids to do well in school, make sure they do their HW, study for tests, etc. And if you don't have that extra guidance, it's obviously extremely hard to reach your potential. And when you're in a single-parent home, it really takes a hard-working mother to be able to balance out putting food on the plate while raising their child. And let's face it, it's not easy.

But I'm not Black, so I guess my opinion is invalid anyway.

It's all socioeconomic status to me.
So much depends on how you were raised, what resources you had, how much your parents put their time into you.

I agree with whoever said that people in general aren't self-motivated. I think for most people, regardless of race, it definitely takes parents to push their kids to do well in school, make sure they do their HW, study for tests, etc. And if you don't have that extra guidance, it's obviously extremely hard to reach your potential. And when you're in a single-parent home, it really takes a hard-working mother to be able to balance out putting food on the plate while raising their child. And let's face it, it's not easy.

But I'm not Black, so I guess my opinion is invalid anyway.

The only thing that really motivates me is the money, success, and power. I can give a rat *** about the statistics. They have their own choices to make, and according to the stats, they are failing at them. I

The only thing that really motivates me is the money, success, and power. I can give a rat *** about the statistics. They have their own choices to make, and according to the stats, they are failing at them. I

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

I never trust or believe statistics.
these stats are played out in society. no need for "belief" when we living it.
the unemployment rate for black males i do believe is 17% need we get into death ,crime rates etc etc?
Oh I do believe that education needs to be of greater importance in the black community, but numerically/mathmatically speaking there's a lot of variables.
That's why when I see any statistics I'm quick to question it

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

I never trust or believe statistics.
these stats are played out in society. no need for "belief" when we living it.
the unemployment rate for black males i do believe is 17% need we get into death ,crime rates etc etc?
Oh I do believe that education needs to be of greater importance in the black community, but numerically/mathmatically speaking there's a lot of variables.
That's why when I see any statistics I'm quick to question it

Back
Top Bottom