Opinions on Unauthorized or GM Sneakers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a huge widely debated topic. Are they real or fake? Personally if I can't get a retail release I would much rather use a site like taobao to get the,m because they're almost identical to the retail. Most resellers get there shoes from here too such as DaClosetCollector. I just wanna know your guys opinions on this, I mean white cement 3s for retail ? Why not ?

This has been debated already. "Unauthorized" or "GM" sneakers are FAKE. They are 100% replicas of authentic shoes. Real sneaker heads can tell the differences between them. If you are on the side of GMs and unauthorized sneakers then you arent a sneaker head. you rock fugazi kicks. plain and simple. as far as the closet collector, he sells 100% fakes. grey markets, but fakes.

Honestly, they use the same materials what's the difference ? If you buy a pair on eBay there's an 80% they're GM anyway. And a SneakerHead can be anyone that's into kicks even if they only wear straight up fake shoes they can still be a SneakerHead .

Honestly, they use the same materials what's the difference ? If you buy a pair on eBay there's an 80% they're GM anyway. And a SneakerHead can be anyone that's into kicks even if they only wear straight up fake shoes they can still be a SneakerHead .
no real sneaker head wheres fake kicks. get that fact in your head. no real sneaker head supports GMs.

I'm a real SneakerHead I don't wear fake kicks whatsoever , however I do own a pair of unauthorized bred 4s and a retail pair they look the exact same as I have compared them in depth. I rock the unauthorized and stock the retail. Please explain the difference my friend l.

And I don't support GMs . I don't support resellers either. I'd much rather pay 180 for a GM bred 4 than 300 for a retail pair .

You my friend are not a real sneaker head. You own a fake pair of bred 4s and sneaker heads will notice that. You can pay 180 for fake kicks but id rather pay 300 for the authentic ones. Stop saying you are a sneaker head because you arent

A person who is extremely knowledgeable, collects, and loves the history of sneakers pertaining to jordans, nike basketball, reeboks, etc. A sneaker head can tell the difference between GMs/fakes and retail authentic sneakers. 

My definition is someone that's Pationate about shoes and wears what they like and can hold a decent conversation about sneakers and knows a but of history

Eventually it's gonna get to the point you won't be able to tell at all then what? Not saying I support GM most are pretty down to the T

I'm gonna give a scenario..... where I work we make ice cream
If the containers come though the machine with the lid not pressed all the way down, some spilled on the side or even with the wrong flavor lid on top we throw it away. A lot of the time they're simple fixes and can be still sell it but we still throw it out or eat some

I say that to say this many things can happen to shoes during the process of making them,if they dont pass a standard they get marked to B-grades.
But once they go beyond B-grades do you think they trash em? They could sell them off

Not saying I support GM but it's something to think about

Let me just say that GM/Unauthorized are fake. Go to one of those site and click on "about us."
"2 To produce goods with the best quality, and let our replica quality be close to the original."

Now I'm not against it either since is rather pay $200 for some GM royal 1s than $500 for authentic.

Let me just add that some pairs u can tell straight up they're unauthized. On 3s the elephant print is off. Space jams and cool greys the soles aren't yellow and the cut is high. 1s look a little bulky and have a widows peak on the front and back.
I saw a review on DB 3s they're fake af

A person who is extremely knowledgeable, collects, and loves the history of sneakers pertaining to jordans, nike basketball, reeboks, etc. A sneaker head can tell the difference between GMs/fakes and retail authentic sneakers. 

Okay, true enough...that said, I'm sure there are some extremely knowledgeable heads that have been at it for years that knowingly own some GMs. Does that make them less of a sneaker head than someone who's been into it for a couple of years and has limited knowledge, but no GMs? Does it automatically disqualify them as "real" sneaker heads?

As far as I see it, like someone already mentioned, in the broadest sense of the term a sneaker head/enthusiast/etc. is someone who's into sneakers...simple as that. Whether fake or authentic. A guy could have a closet full of fakes, but fakes are sneakers and if he's into them, he's a sneaker head by definition. To say someone isn't a sneaker head because they have fakes or GMs doesn't make sense. I think there are different levels of enthusiasts...as with any hobby. Those that are deeper into it and more knowledgeable compared to your run-of-the-mill "I like shoes" enthusiast. Both enthusiasts...just different levels of enthusiasm.

Eventually it's gonna get to the point you won't be able to tell at all then what? Not saying I support GM most are pretty down to the T

I'm gonna give a scenario..... where I work we make ice cream
If the containers come though the machine with the lid not pressed all the way down, some spilled on the side or even with the wrong flavor lid on top we throw it away. A lot of the time they're simple fixes and can be still sell it but we still throw it out or eat some

I say that to say this many things can happen to shoes during the process of making them,if they dont pass a standard they get marked to B-grades.
But once they go beyond B-grades do you think they trash em? They could sell them off

Not saying I support GM but it's something to think about
really dude.. Ice cream bucket lids huh? That's your comparison to the manufacturing of sneakers?.. Smh.. this logic is straight ridiculous. GMs/"unauthorized" are fake plain and simple.. They are not the same and just bc people can't tell their wearing fake kicks doesn't mean anyone else who knows their ish cant either.. We see them..

Now... I hate the word "sneakerhead" so I use it lightly..However to call yourself one and support fake kicks is like dating a hot ******.. Your simply faking the funk.. You ain't fooling no one but yourselves.. But do you if that's what your about.

Last edited:
really dude.. Ice cream bucket lids huh? That's your comparison to the manufacturing of sneakers?.. Smh.. this logic is straight ridiculous. GMs/"unauthorized" are fake plain and simple.. They are not the same and just bc people can't tell their wearing fake kicks doesn't mean anyone else who knows their ish cant either.. We see them..

Now... I hate the word "sneakerhead" so I use it lightly..However to call yourself one and support fake kicks is like dating a hot ******.. Your simply faking the funk.. You ain't fooling no one but yourselves.. But do you if that's what your about.

Manufacturing is manufacturing, all I'm saying is I wouldn't put it pass me if jb isn't selling these unauthorized to resellers or overseas resellers

I would've but I couldn't find that post. Either way they use the same materials. If you bought a pair of bred 4s from sneakercon and were told they authentic but they're actually GM you wouldn't know the difference. Take it like this, a random guy on a shoe group wants to sell you some wc4 and you're suspicious and you should be, however they look on point and you buy them and find out they're GM you sed em back or trash him. Now if you buy a GM pair from someone like flight club ( which had a TON of them ) you're not going to question it because it's flight club. Honestly they are about the same so why not get them for retail. The bred 11 is the same exact shoe that I got from champs and looks the same as the GM pair I received from taobao. They are the same thing. You see how little the Asians get paid to make them ? Wouldn't surprise me if they were selling pairs out the back door and Lyin about it

I would've but I couldn't find that post. Either way they use the same materials. If you bought a pair of bred 4s from sneakercon and were told they authentic but they're actually GM you wouldn't know the difference. Take it like this, a random guy on a shoe group wants to sell you some wc4 and you're suspicious and you should be, however they look on point and you buy them and find out they're GM you sed em back or trash him. Now if you buy a GM pair from someone like flight club ( which had a TON of them ) you're not going to question it because it's flight club. Honestly they are about the same so why not get them for retail. The bred 11 is the same exact shoe that I got from champs and looks the same as the GM pair I received from taobao. They are the same thing. You see how little the Asians get paid to make them ? Wouldn't surprise me if they were selling pairs out the back door and Lyin about it

Exact point I was trying to make why not sell them under the table

Omg this was exactly the point I was trying to make in this thread:

http://niketalk.com/t/586910/sole-supremecy-possibly-selling-gms-88-wc3-legit-check

Sole Supremecy had some fishy 88 WC3's and people were suggesting that maybe it was just a JB blunder which is a valid point. Maybe it was, but if it was just some average joe selling in a sneaker group, I'm almost certain all the L/Cers woulda been mad skeptical if not calling them fake.

Last edited:

for most of time mods in here already stated NIKETALK do not condone GM pairs for whatever reasons, from your statement looks like you support GM pairs if u want to continue to do it better do it outside this forum. and for solesupremacy WC 3 88 it's still not sure that is GM pairs because high elephant print besides that shoes looks good , GM pairs usually have more flaw than that.

FC sold GM pairs? how do u know? do u have any proof?

there is no proof what so ever that FCNY sold GM sneakers.. if there is prove it lol

anyways the whole point is GM is fake. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom