Overrated Rappers...Name em...Discuss

how yall gonna hate on Eminem, he bowed out just like he stated in his music when people stopped feeling him. He might make one more album if its good, if notthen we won't see a king mathers, maybe some guest cameos, but he knows its over...

"Music is like magic there's a certain feeling you get when your real
and you spit and people are feeling your #@*%.
This is your moment and every single minute you spend trying to hold onto it
cause you may never get it again.
So while you're in it try to get as much #@*% as you can
and when your run is over just admit when its at its end...."

dude sold ALOT of albums...his late work may be overrated, but you can only rap about certain stuff for so long and Dre's beats only carry you so far (see50, Game), but Eminem was more musically talented then those two, his raps and first few albums have depth. Granted I haven't listended to his albums in awhile, oh well, RIP SLIM

-I like Lamont Coleman, but keep it real, he's overrated.

-Jada has never made a cohesive effort alone, and apparently people think he is able to make a good album, so that alone makes him overrated.

-People think Fab doesn't suck, so that means he's overrated.

Rah Digga > Lauryn

Yep. I said it.

Only chicks that could be better than Rah were either Lyte as a rock, or Reigned supreme...

Wayne
Kanye
Lupe
Jay (I'm a fan, but dudes ride for him like he pays their child support)
Nas
Fab

SMH @ people saying the whole Re-Up.

-People think Fab doesn't suck, so that means he's overrated.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

To me Jada's music lacks depth . . . He's just not THAT kind of rapper, son it VERY limited, not to mention he's been spitting the same verse since like 01 . . .

I don't think he's as wack as I once did, I listen to his music more now . . . But I don't see what seperates him from someone like Fab or any other dude from NY on that tired style . . . 16 bars, 4 hot punchlines, a-b-a-b-a-b . . . He needs a new rhyme pattern or somethin . . .

I disagree. Jada switches up his flow a lot. He's monotone like a mutha, but his rhyme pattern is dynamic.Plus he is one of the few dudes that rhymesthe last two words of a line. He's very gimmicky, but I love that about duke. His punchlines are up there with anybody else's.

he's one of them few that does multi's? please... u know nothing... and punchlines dont make u dope... see tupac...

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Jay-Z, dude is not tha goat or whatever yall say

Yes he is
laugh.gif

Also, Kanye fans never really appealed to him as a lyricist to begin with. He's just a dope $%% artist.

Anywho...

If Big L didn't die he'd be irrelevant right now.

I see where ya'll comin from with Jada, so I'll add him.

AZ

Lupe (I dig dude's music but listening to him doesn't make you an intellectual. "Alright, I get it. It was a TripleEntendre")
eyes.gif

Styles P

Sandman & Ab-liva

Uhh lets see...

c02150e6cad7b3f16f3c15d220fa5d035c8f233.gif

Oh yea...

This guy:

img_1146.jpg

How is Luda over rated? If anything he's underrated. 1 or 2 hits a year off his album, few guest features, nobody ever even talks about him on here.

Lil Wanye
Lil Wanye
Lil Wanye
You'd think if he was so dope he could get a damn platinum album (not mixtape) on his own.

-I agree Lauryn Hill is way over rated.
-Nobody said Soulja Boy
-Yea Jay Z is too when you go to his concert and he plays some of his songs and he doesn't even perform them he's gettin a little too cocky with it butit made me think what a @#$ he knows people think he great cuz he got so many hits regardless of what song he preforms.
-Kanye been overrated since he came out.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

How is Luda over rated? If anything he's underrated. 1 or 2 hits a year off his album, few guest features, nobody ever even talks about him on here.

Lil Wanye
Lil Wanye
Lil Wanye
You'd think if he was so dope he could get a damn platinum album (not mixtape) on his own.

-I agree Lauryn Hill is way over rated.
-Nobody said Soulja Boy
-Yea Jay Z is too when you go to his concert and he plays some of his songs and he doesn't even perform them he's gettin a little too cocky with it but it made me think what a @#$ he knows people think he great cuz he got so many hits regardless of what song he preforms.
-Kanye been overrated since he came out.

soulja boy aint overrated... nobody thinks he's good... yall are idiots man... dont even know simple definitions...

ehh newsflash... most musicians, let alone rappers, are druggies (of some sort)...

Thread failure.

First off some people don't even know what overrate means. And some of the names
I've seen in here.......
eyes.gif

Little Wayne

As a pioneer of the music industry(me),

Yes he died in 2006 and came back to life as the crack addict in 2007 and up

lil wayne
Kanye

i like kanye's beats but im really not a fan of his rappin.... he got a flow but i stopped listenin to him after college dropout

I dunno why people like lil wayne... i guess he's the next pop rap sensation or some @+%.... dude is irritating....

lil wayne
Kanye

i like kanye's beats but im really not a fan of his rappin.... he got a flow but i stopped listenin to him after college dropout

I dunno why people like lil wayne... i guess he's the next pop rap sensation or some +*%.... dude is irritating....

lil wayne
Kanye

I dunno why people like lil wayne... i guess he's the next pop rap sensation or some $%%.... dude is irritating....

^Yeah we cuz know how much iller G Unit's lyrics are right?

You know 50 stay verbally destroying tracks on a regular basis right?

Back
Top Bottom