Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Medal Count - USA (86, 24G), China 59 (22G), France 48 (13G), Great Britain 46 (12G), Australia 35 (14G)šŸ„‡šŸ„ˆšŸ„‰

IMG_5138.png

Just watched it..NGL it was pretty whack the way they did her. IMO her routine was definitely better, but I guess they changed the difficulty value of Chiles routine. Rough call on one hand doing "harder" tricks is more risky but if you don't land those harder tricks versus someone landing everything but not taking as many risks tough to say who deserves it. To the layman like me the cleaner less risky routine was more deserving. Not like ol girl was just out there doing cartwheels and handstands.

Newsflash:

If you canā€™t even hold the competition in the same country that the Olympics are being held in, then youā€™re not really an Olympic sport.

Hear that surfing?

And no I donā€™t consider Tahiti to be part of Franceā€¦colony be damned.

how do people in here feel about Americans competing for other countries?
It would be one thing if he was born there or lived there for a time and decided he wanted to move there and earn citizenship.

Neither of those things are true.

He used a loophole because his mom is from there and was probably given financial incentives to jump ship.

A lot of jumpers pass on lower heights and come in later with a height they can ā€œwarm upā€ with

I remember in the old days that Sergei Bubka was so much better than everyone else that heā€™d wait until everyone was done and then do his first vault quite a bit above theirs.

I did see that backfire once though and he got nothing when he could easily have won the thing by not being overconfident.

Back
Top Bottom