Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Noah Lyles Fulfilled! Secures Gold in the Men’s 100m, USA’s Fred Kerley Bronze, USA W Beach VBall advances past Italy🥇🥈🥉

IMG_5094.png

Mitch Goldich's daily Olympic schedules have been a godsend.

Props to him for making them and you for updating the thread with them.

Another gold for the US in the women’s road cycling.

It was a great win for her but a weird ending for the others - there were 2 groups of 2 with just a few km to go and they came together then the US girl went off the front (which is a good tactic - the group often relaxes a little when that happens so just “going over the top” is smart) and 2 of the others started mucking about and looking at each other. They were 2 of the big favorites (big names in women’s cycling) and that cost them the chance of gold - instead they fought over silver/bronze which was dumb.

Does Novak winning a singles gold at the Olympics put him above Federer and Nadal as the GOAT, grand slams notwithstanding?

Federer doesn't have an Olympic Gold in singles and Nadal won his singles gold in Beijing.

Novak is 27-23 head to head vs Roger all time

Novak is 31-29 vs Nadal head to head all time

Yeah I'd say Novak is now officially the GOAT after this Olympic victory

Today sealed the deal for me, especially after beating a young hungry lion in Alcaraz, who is one of the best if not the best player today.

Another gold for the US in the women’s road cycling.

It was a great win for her but a weird ending for the others - there were 2 groups of 2 with just a few km to go and they came together then the US girl went off the front (which is a good tactic - the group often relaxes a little when that happens so just “going over the top” is smart) and 2 of the others started mucking about and looking at each other. They were 2 of the big favorites (big names in women’s cycling) and that cost them the chance of gold - instead they fought over silver/bronze which was dumb.
That happens all the time in cycling.

It even has a name, "Group 2 syndrome"

Basically when they are a group of chases (especially with favorites), they don't want to waste energy chasing down a breakaway rider, because they think their opponent chasing with them will not do equal amount of work to save energy and beat them in a sprint. So when multiple people think that, no nobody wants to take the initiative that start the chase.

And when someone does take the initiative to chase, they are often proven correct. Somebody will not work and try to get a free tow to the finish line.

So then, people just stop and start l looking at one another

Xennial Xennial if I was the US swim coaches I would have put Douglass on the breaststroke leg of the prelims team, since she swam anyways but the free leg

She was 1:07 first 100 of the 200 and Lilly king was 1:05.6 in the final of the 100 breast

Xennial Xennial if I was the US swim coaches I would have put Douglass on the breaststroke leg of the prelims team, since she swam anyways but the free leg

She was 1:07 first 100 of the 200 and Lilly king was 1:05.6 in the final of the 100 breast

Sjostrom the heavy favorite for this 50 free?

Sjostrom the heavy favorite for this 50 free?

Easily.. no one can touch he by at least .2 in the 50 free and probably more in the 50 fly

Kate Douglass was the only other female under 24 this year

Actually I lie, just looked it up:

Douglass was 23.91
Polish girl 23.95 in February
And jack 23.99 at Australian trials

I know I mentioned it before… but gold zone is trash.

We have a live swimming race going on with an American in the lead for the gold and they cut away to watch women’s doubles tennis match in the second set.

Back
Top Bottom