Better show

• Parks and Recs

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Conmunity

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • El culo tuyo buen salio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Community because the cast is superior. Aubrey Plaza is probably only good enough for a recurring guest role on Community. Also the show is more relatable because it takes place in a community college and the students have diverse backgrounds. I've never watched Parks & Rec mainly because of the show's title. I don't give a **** about Parks & Recreation departments IRL. **** I wanna see a show about that for.

Ill admit I havent seen Community, but Ive seen every Parks and Rec ep multiple times and its a great show. My sister just came into town this evening for the weekend and we grabbed some Wingstop and threw on Parks n Rec even though weve both seen the show a ton :lol:

I need to check out Community, is it on Netflix or Hulu or NBC on demand?

Community for the highs. Parks is probably more consistent though.

First 3 or 4 seasons of Modern Family are incredible. Always Sunny is great.

Party Down only has 2 seasons but is great.

Same for Freaks and Geeks but it's not a sitcom though there is more than enough humour.

Parks and Rec, higher floor, lower ceiling. It's got a lot more sentimental moments, more heart, less "dark" moments than Community. Parks was on longer and never really fell off, in my opinion, in comparison to most sitcoms, especially compared to The Office. Parks consistency might put it over The Office for me, but I go back and forth on that one often. Parks gets some comparisons to The Simpsons in regards to how they can create dozens and dozens of hilarious and obscure townspeople as characters that might only pop up a handful of times but are memorable and unique in their own way. Parks is underrated and should be up there with the best.

Community is some of the most creative writing I've ever watched in a sitcom. Their willingness and desire to play with format, style, meta-humor, the very essence of what makes a sitcom puts it on another level to all other shows. They don't always succeed with that idea, but the highs are so high that you forgive some missteps here and there. Some of the most fun I've had watching a TV show was because of Community. Their inconsistency stems in part from NBC failing to commit longterm and the drama around their renewal and cancellation, as well as losing their creator for a season also hurt them. Community is a must watch to me.

king of chicago king of chicago mentioned Happy Endings and that is a great show that was gone too soon. One of the quickest and fastest past comedies I've seen and the jokes they pack in per minute always impressed me. Funny cast, good writing, and once they got past the season 1/pilot storyline of being left at the altar, the show hit their stride.

great post big j 33 big j 33 . perfect description IMO.

cosign happy endings as well.

also add 30 rock to the list. more conventional sitcom but I really enjoyed. not on the same level as community or parks but still really really good.

Its always sunny to me is the greatest comedy series ever. But it got old in a way after like season 10. So i watch it periodically now.
I should catch up.

i may go with parks and rec and mix in community
id recommend always sunny to anyone, but I also stopped watching after season 8 or 9.

still rather remarkable that they kept it fresh for that long. sitcoms don't have that type of longevity usually.

I will fade anybody who says Community over Parks
tumblr_njwferIvdW1saykaxo3_r2_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom