Party at Tavern on the Green for New Year's? Anyone been?

Yo guys, I'm trying to figure out what to do for New Year's and my girlfriend wants to do the Tavern on the Green party in NYC. By the way, it's$150 per ticket (for now, at least).

Last Year we went to Atlantic City for New Year's (paid $100 each for 2 tickets) and got a total of FOUR drinks all night for me and my girl. The guidoswere hogging the bar with requesting 18 Goose and Cranberrys for every person - it was ridiculous. And between the people puking on the bar, the 40-minute waitfor the bathroom, the catfights/guidofights, and the fact that my shirt smelt like a mix of vomit, vodka, and rum at the end of the night from people spillingdrinks on each other, it is safe to say I'm done with the general admission club scene on New Year's, well, forever.

I'm thinking instead of paying $100, I could pay $150 and get a five-hour buffet dinner, six-hour top shelf open bar, fireworks, and maybe a more maturecrowd that won't leave my clothes smelling like a liquor cabinet. My girl has been scouting out this Tavern on the Green party and supposedly I'veheard it's good but I don't want it to be 40-year old couples talking about their kids' christmas gifts on New Year's. I want a lively crowd -we are gonna be a group of about eight people ranging from 22-30 years old.

I'm looking for a good mix of people with food being offered but with some good music. Anybody got recommendations in either Brooklyn or Manhattan withthat kind of atmosphere, or better yet if anyone knows anything about Tavern on the Green on New Year's? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom