::PAU GASOL TRADED TO LAKERS - CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Yahoo!, LA Times::

I don't see how anyone can compare to that starting five the Lakers have now, seriously. Yes, the Celtics have a good line-up with their big three, butwhen you have three formers/current all-stars in Odom, Gasol, Kobe, and a great playoff tested guard in Fisher, and a rising center in Bynum? No thanks I'dtake those five over the Celtics and their unproven guard (we'll see how he does in the Playoffs, and how he does against the Billups of the Playoffs), andKendrick Perkins.

Ya'll gassed. We'll see though
you know you'd be doing the same thing if your team got Gasol for the worst player on your team, a third string PG, and some dude sitting onthe couch watching TV.

bout time they got kwame brown up outta there, once bynum gets back
tired.gif
check mate game ova!!!

If somehow they can get Jason Kidd, I'm all for the Lakers. I hate the Lakers as much as the next guy.

The trade makes the Lakers slightly better, but still not good enough to beat the elite teams in the west.

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. I hope MM gets out ASAP pronto, his J could help a LOT of teams...

I haven't read through all of this, but how far under the cap does this put Memphis going into next season? More realistically, how many other teams willbe this far under the cap in the summer? Seems like they could be in a league all by themselves, in the free agent market. Catch is, *%# will want to play inMemphis now? LOL

Kudos to Mitch and the Lakers. I've called him a MORON for years, I guess this ONE MOVE proves me wrong. LOL No, they've drafted pretty well the lastcouple of seasons...

Originally Posted by Ghenges

The trade makes the Lakers slightly better, but still not good enough to beat the elite teams in the west.

Wrong.

Lakers, here comes the winning streaks.

really? they lakers were a top 3 team when bynum was healthy...now adding gasol to that dont convince you that the lakers are THE ELITE?

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lakers' fans are the ABSOLUTE worst.
This coming from Warriors fans how many of those would there be if they lost in the 1st round like they should have last year.....

EXACTLY...i Live in the bay...sooooooooooo many bandwagon fans...man mitch its about time u do something right..trading caron for kwame come on...but propsto this trade...i hope we can be a Legit top 3 team in the west!

i dont understand how adding an allstar for one of the worst post players in the league only makes us slightly better. We now have a big FOURwhen everyone is health, keyword being healthy. If we can get Bynum back a month before the playoffs start I think we are going to be pretty tough. Then wewill at least have decent chemistry. People forget that the Lakers were top four in the west record wise before Bynum got hurt.

Lay off the pipe....
you should take your own advise

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This coming from Warriors fans how many of those would there be if they lost in the 1st round like they should have last year.....

EXACTLY...i Live in the bay...sooooooooooo many bandwagon fans...man mitch its about time u do something right..trading caron for kwame come on...but props to this trade...i hope we can be a Legit top 3 team in the west!

agreed..i live in the bay also...and we got people who dont even watch basketball...who probably dont even kno who baron davis is...are wearing WE BELIEVEyellow shirts to school and sht

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
$%*@ outta here. Of course there are gonna bebandwagoners, but the majority of Warrior fans are not. Now Laker fans....

the Lakers are good, if you say they arent then your a freakin hater. This is coming from a Warriors/Pistons fan.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't see how anyone can compare to that starting five the Lakers have now, seriously. Yes, the Celtics have a good line-up with their big three, but when you have three formers/current all-stars in Odom, Gasol, Kobe, and a great playoff tested guard in Fisher, and a rising center in Bynum? No thanks I'd take those five over the Celtics and their unproven guard (we'll see how he does in the Playoffs, and how he does against the Billups of the Playoffs), and Kendrick Perkins.

And the Spurs and Suns have what, no former/current All-Stars with playoff tested guards?

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

Lay off the pipe....
Im sayen we beat the brakes off the 1st place team in the west last time they played 109-80 would have had 3wins over the suns if not for the injuriesthose are the to 2 teams in the west as of now.......

Originally Posted by kobefan88

i dont understand how adding an allstar for one of the worst post players in the league only makes us slightly better. We now have a big FOUR when everyone is health, keyword being healthy. If we can get Bynum back a month before the playoffs start I think we are going to be pretty tough. Then we will at least have decent chemistry. People forget that the Lakers were top four in the west record wise before Bynum got hurt.

Lay off the pipe....
you should take your own advise
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

here comes all the Laker fans claiming their spot in the WCF already.

if Gasol can stay healthy, they are DEF a top 3 team in the West, but let's not build too much hype into this

seems like Laker fans are more excited about getting rid of kwame instead of acquiring pau.

damn L.A fans calm down.....it's almost as if you guys just won the chip
smh.gif

this trade does improve the team a lot.... but chemistry is also a factor..... I know you're probably more excited about Kwame Brown leaving though
laugh.gif

But let the team's play speak for itself before you guys go and say they're the best in the league

eek.gif
I'm friggin' excited. I just heard when I got home. Very nicetrade for the Lakers.

Nice job Mitch!

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
$%*@ outta here. Of course there are gonna be bandwagoners, but the majority of Warrior fans are not. Now Laker fans....

We just got Snoop and Jessica Alba back from the Warriors.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom